I have combed the net for hours and struggled trying to download a terrible MS piece of malware called "Outlook connector." I still can't get my PB's "native calendar app" to sync with anything. [In contrast to the native Calendar and Contacts applications, I make use of the Email application and like it.]

I will limit my question to syncing with Outlook.com's calendar. In the PB setup window I can choose to add a "CalDAV calendar account." (I understand this is now the only option that will work.)

When I try to input the information for my new Outlook.com account, I run into a problem with the "server address." What is the server address for my Outlook.com account? Is it the same for the Calendar as for Contacts, etc.?

This is why Apple kills MSFT and why I used BB for so many years. I am very frustrated and ready to give ndar?up trying to make the PB work. Would a Nexus 7 be easier to set up with a Gmail calendar? Argh.
    09-22-13 04:17 AM
    There's a lot of options in your post which confuse me. The Calendar in Outlook.com is associated with an @outlook.com or @hotmail.com or @live.com email account. These are all accessible in the outlook.com webmail in a browser.
    Adding the email account to Playbook Messages app with no advanced settings - i.e. add account and supply @outlook.com address and password only - will automatically sync the calendar to the Calendar app. CalDav is irrelevant Playbook as is the ancient Outlook Connector which preceded Windows Live Mail in Windoze machines.
    09-22-13 04:45 AM
    Thanks for your response. It is not accepting either my new gmail or outlook.com accounts. Can I only have one email account on the PB native app?

(For my outlook.com login I used my gmail account. MSFT confused the h-ll out of me with their new Outlook.com site. I think you can use existing emails as your login and operative outlook.com email. Who the f--- knows with them. They are so confusing.)
    09-22-13 05:01 AM
    Thanks for your response. It is not accepting either my new gmail or outlook.com accounts. Can I only have one email account on the PB native app?

(For my outlook.com login I used my gmail account. MSFT confused the h-ll out of me with their new Outlook.com site. I think you can use existing emails as your login and operative outlook.com email. Who the f--- knows with them. They are so confusing.)
    By not accepting the accounts what do you mean? What error message are you getting from the pb?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 05:03 AM
    I tried inputting my gmail info. under advanced setup, Gmail add an account. I received an error message that there is a problem with IMAP and that a password might have changed, etc.

Is this the right place to try to add an account? Should I try "hotmail" or the new outlook.com mess that MSFT created?
    09-22-13 05:05 AM

You need to access outlook.com with a microsoft email account and create a calendar in there.

If you used gmail account to access outlook.com, I give up. Beam me up Scotty.
    09-22-13 05:31 AM
    Really, you don't need a microsoft email account to open a calendar there. I opened a calendar there and uploaded my local Outlook calendar .ics (or whatever the extension is) file. I did this using a gmail email address to log into outlook.com.

When I tried to establish an "outlook" email on outlook.com it told me that I did not have permission or that the domain was reserved for something, something, something, B.S., B.S.

I wonder if any of the 20 million iPhone 5 users are having any similar problems getting their crap to work.
    09-22-13 05:46 AM
    Shifting gears and trying to use my Gmail account. (I wanted to use outlook.com to get the automatic syncing between Outlook on my PC and outlook.com.)

The error message I get when trying to use the "Account Integration" function on the PB is the following:

"Your login information for IMAP server [imap.gmail.com] has changed or is incorrect. Please check your account settings."

I should note that the only settings I am inputting manually are the passwords for the email address and the "SMTP Password." Everything else in the various fields appears automatically.
    09-22-13 05:51 AM
    Got it working with the outlook.com account. Phew! Now I just need to figure out how to sync my locally stored Outlook items on my PC with my outlook.com.

Even if I do that, it is still not as good as syncing with an old-fashioned USB cable because I get a two-way sync that I have control over. Also, if I add items to my PB will outlook.com add the item? Even if outlook.com adds the item, will my PC's version of Outlook download it using Outlook Connector or some other software?

Too much hassle. This is why I never left BB7 and am using a Z10 currently. I want my calendar, contacts and email on my local machine.
    09-22-13 06:02 AM
    Got it working with the outlook.com account. Phew! Now I just need to figure out how to sync my locally stored Outlook items on my PC with my outlook.com.

Even if I do that, it is still not as good as syncing with an old-fashioned USB cable because I get a two-way sync that I have control over. Also, if I add items to my PB will outlook.com add the item? Even if outlook.com adds the item, will my PC's version of Outlook download it using Outlook Connector or some other software?

Too much hassle. This is why I never left BB7 and am using a Z10 currently. I want my calendar, contacts and email on my local machine.
    Here's how it works for me. I have outlook loaded on my pc and all my my mail accounts setup within outlook on my pc e.g. @outlook.com, @gmail.com etc etc.

I have my outlook.com and my Gmail.com setup on my pb and my Z10. All three sync together seamlessly and it doesn't matter which device I add a contact or calendar appointment on, the other two are synced immediately. Obviously I have to open outlook on my pc but as soon as I open the program it syncs.

Don't complicate the issue unless you are having major problems. Just use the basic account setup on the pb for outlook and gmail. Be aware that Gmail is notoriously fickle when first setting up the account and may throw error messages up but just keep trying and it will accept it.

Any further help you need just ask, your in the right place.
    09-22-13 06:19 AM
    "I have outlook loaded on my pc and all my my mail accounts setup within outlook on my pc e.g. @outlook.com, @gmail.com etc etc."

I did not know that Outlook on a PC can sync a Gmail account or an outlook.com account. I thought that you needed something like MS's "Outlook Connector" to do this.

If I can get Outlook on my PC to sync itself with outlook.com's calendar and contacts, then I guess I am home free. Right?
    09-22-13 03:16 PM
    "I have outlook loaded on my pc and all my my mail accounts setup within outlook on my pc e.g. @outlook.com, @gmail.com etc etc."

I did not know that Outlook on a PC can sync a Gmail account or an outlook.com account. I thought that you needed something like MS's "Outlook Connector" to do this.

If I can get Outlook on my PC to sync itself with outlook.com's calendar and contacts, then I guess I am home free. Right?
    Negative. On your pc you can use either outlook or windows native email. Within the settings you can add other accounts. I have all my accounts setup within the one mail program. You don't need any additional link software. Remember Microsoft Outlook existed as a mail program long before hotmail.com and outlook.com were even thought of. Try it! Works perfectly for me.

I'll keep checking this thread in case you get stuck.
    09-22-13 03:34 PM
    Outlook.com uses Activesync to sync email and calendars not IMAP/CalDAV.

Walk through the setup for and Exchange server with the correct information: username & password you use to login to Outlook.com.

If it doesn't autodiscover the correct server then manually enter: m.outlook.com.

That should do it.
    09-22-13 03:50 PM
    Sorry to get into Outlook issues, but if I'm using Outlook 2007 how do I add an outlook.com or gmail account such that the calendars will sync? I'm in "Account Settings" and added (I believe) the outlook.com account but do not see any sign of it. Also, I'm not sure if it will sync the calendars unless I add the account to "Internet Calendars" or "Published Calendars" within the "Account Settings" window.

Thank you.
    09-22-13 04:30 PM
    Thanks, Jerry A. I will try to set up using exchange server. I believe I should use Outlook.com versus Gmail.
    09-22-13 04:49 PM
    Sorry to get into Outlook issues, but if I'm using Outlook 2007 how do I add an outlook.com or gmail account such that the calendars will sync? I'm in "Account Settings" and added (I believe) the outlook.com account but do not see any sign of it. Also, I'm not sure if it will sync the calendars unless I add the account to "Internet Calendars" or "Published Calendars" within the "Account Settings" window.

Thank you.
    For Outlook 2007 you should search for the Hotmail Connector. That should allow you to use Outlook 2007 to check your Outlook.com email instead of using the web interface.
    09-22-13 04:52 PM
    So I DO NEED Outlook or Hotmail Connector if I'm running the 2007 version of Outlook? If I can't get the connector software running should I upgrade to 2010 Outlook?
    09-22-13 06:22 PM
    In case anyone is following, Hotmail Connector for 32-bit Outlook 2007 does not seem to work well. I've come close but I can't get it to work after struggling for a long time.

I have gotten my PB native Calendar app to sync with outlook.com. This is neat, but since I use Outlook on my PC for my calendar I am at a dead end in terms of using the PB without Bridge or without being able to USB sync the locally stored calendar on my PC.

I guess the last resort is to upload isc (or "ics" or whatever) files every day or so into my outlook.com account. Once there I can rely on the PB to sync with outlook.com.

Or I could upgrade to Outlook 2010 and hope that MSFT's terrible software works a little better.

This is where Apple excels over MSFT. How many Apple users have to fumble around to get basic functions working? Blackberry, if it survives, needs to think and care about the end-user. I think they lost sight of this.
    09-22-13 11:45 PM
    Here's how it works for me. I have outlook loaded on my pc and all my my mail accounts setup within outlook on my pc e.g. @outlook.com, @gmail.com etc etc.

I have my outlook.com and my Gmail.com setup on my pb and my Z10. All three sync together seamlessly and it doesn't matter which device I add a contact or calendar appointment on, the other two are synced immediately. Obviously I have to open outlook on my pc but as soon as I open the program it syncs.
    I am still confused by the above unless sad old man is using Outlook 2010 and it has some function that syncs without the addition of any MSFT "connector" software.
    09-23-13 01:59 AM
    I am still confused by the above unless sad old man is using Outlook 2010 and it has some function that syncs without the addition of any MSFT "connector" software.
    Sorry I should have mentioned that, you are correct I am using Outlook 10. When I open it all my accounts are listed down the left hand Columb on the screen and their respective mail, calendar, contacts and tasks are displayed at the bottom left of the scrren.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:20 AM
    Just to side-track this little thread here: I have given up on syncing the native calendar with anything and have been using EssentialPIM 5.53 on the desktop and the side-loaded companion app on the Playbook without a hitch. Note: it's important (I think) to get the 5.53 version of the desktop software as that is what the companion app is made for/works with...
    09-23-13 04:24 AM
    Really, you don't need a microsoft email account to open a calendar there. I opened a calendar there and uploaded my local Outlook calendar .ics (or whatever the extension is) file. I did this using a gmail email address to log into outlook.com.

When I tried to establish an "outlook" email on outlook.com it told me that I did not have permission or that the domain was reserved for something, something, something, B.S., B.S.

I wonder if any of the 20 million iPhone 5 users are having any similar problems getting their crap to work.
    If you don't follow the rules, you get burned.

I have 4 emails synched with my native email. The one that works, flawlessly, for both mail and calendar, is my Outlook. Then again, I did follow the rules and used a Microsoft account.
    09-23-13 09:52 AM
    In case anyone is following, Hotmail Connector for 32-bit Outlook 2007 does not seem to work well. I've come close but I can't get it to work after struggling for a long time.

I have gotten my PB native Calendar app to sync with outlook.com. This is neat, but since I use Outlook on my PC for my calendar I am at a dead end in terms of using the PB without Bridge or without being able to USB sync the locally stored calendar on my PC.

I guess the last resort is to upload isc (or "ics" or whatever) files every day or so into my outlook.com account. Once there I can rely on the PB to sync with outlook.com.

Or I could upgrade to Outlook 2010 and hope that MSFT's terrible software works a little better.

This is where Apple excels over MSFT. How many Apple users have to fumble around to get basic functions working? Blackberry, if it survives, needs to think and care about the end-user. I think they lost sight of this.
    Maybe you have an older version of the Hotmail Connector installed. Try uninstalling and then download and install the latest version.

That's all I did and it worked.
    09-23-13 10:14 AM