I had dinner with an old University friend this week who is now a senior partner at a "magic circle" London law firm. This guy works incredible hours, sends an unbelievable number of emails, and has to have a keyboard. He is definitley one of the prosumers Blackberry is now aiming at.

I asked him why he did not have a BB10 phone. His answer was that he did try a Q10 but it kept freezing so he ended up back with a Curve. He thought the Q10 was useless and bug ridden.

This is the view of a partner at one of London's biggest law firms. No doubt he was not using the 10.2 leak that most of us use because he has to stick with what his IT department gives him, but one can easily see that Blackberry has poisoned its own well with 10.0 (or maybe he had been using 10.1, he really would not know or care.)
    3Dee likes this.
    09-21-13 10:04 AM
    Professionals use the same devices as consumers, iPhone, galaxy, etc.
    ssbtech likes this.
    09-21-13 10:06 AM
    - "Prosumers".
    - "old University friend".

Seems legit.
    djdragon likes this.
    09-21-13 10:16 AM
    This was a topic in the latest podcast. Its hard to define a prosumer. Even BB didnt do this. I think there are many ways to do this. From the podcast I think that bb10 might not be the prosumers choice also. It sounds like prosumers are already satisfied with what they use, whether than be iOS, android of BBOS7.

BB10 was a big step away from the BBOS in many cases and there are many that will stay on BBOS. Many more than BB thought and more than I thought too. For me bb10 works better in almost every way. Maybe im not the prosumer that BB is looking for though. I think the ER will shed more light in where BB is headed. Just have to wait another couple days for a complete look at where they stand
    09-21-13 10:16 AM
    Sad that people wanted something new, got it, then got mad at the ecosystems and reverted back to the old format!! Too bad, really. I enjoy all that my z10 is but, so confused as to what will happen with a phone I really like, don't care for the others (otherwise I would have bought another phone).

I think most of us feel the same about this and have no idea what to think.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-21-13 10:20 AM
    This was a topic in the latest podcast. Its hard to define a prosumer. Even BB didnt do this. I think there are many ways to do this. From the podcast I think that bb10 might not be the prosumers choice also. It sounds like prosumers are already satisfied with what they use, whether than be iOS, android of BBOS7.

BB10 was a big step away from the BBOS in many cases and there are many that will stay on BBOS. Many more than BB thought and more than I thought too. For me bb10 works better in almost every way. Maybe im not the prosumer that BB is looking for though. I think the ER will shed more light in where BB is headed. Just have to wait another couple days for a complete look at where they stand
    But are you, like me, on a 10.2 leak? My wife's Q10 is on an early 10.2 leak and she is delighted with it. I was absolutely amazed when he said his Q10 had regularly frozen. My point (if I had one!) is that he was a solid Blackberry user, would not dream of using anything other than a Blackberry unless he had to, but that the buggy 10.0 or 10.1 had put him off. He's not going to notice the 10.2 release as he is not a Blackberry addict, just a work addict. Also, with the way carriers delay giving users the 10.2 update, who knows when he will get it anyway?
    09-21-13 10:31 AM
    - "Prosumers".
    - "old University friend".

Seems legit.
    715 posts says I'm legit!
    09-21-13 10:32 AM
    Enterprise user = you use a company provided device.

Prosumer = the kind of user that prefer the overall BlackBerry experience (despite lack of apps etc) and go on to sites like CB and learns about sideloading, leaks etc to somewhat make that experience better by loading apps and leaks.

Consumers = kind of users who rely purely on BestBuy sales-rep's recommendation on what to buy

In a nutshell, Prosumer = CrackBerry crowd mainly

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    09-21-13 10:47 AM
    Hmm, I work long hours too. I guess I need to stop using my iPhone now and go back to my Z10 (which actually has far less business apps).
    09-21-13 11:06 AM
    The software is only getting better. Having had the Z since day one I have seen it first hand. Hopefully with 10.2 releasing soon a prosumer picking up the phones after this will have a much more positive experience
    bob_tn likes this.
    09-21-13 11:47 AM
    I just picked up a Q10:-)

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    09-21-13 11:55 AM
    Prosumer is the small business owner and the self employed people, basically anybody that doesn't have things provided by an employer, and that's exactly the people that BB10 has let down through the lack of BIS and traditional Legacy features.

The way I see it BB10 is for the Enterprise and for BYOD employees that want to keep their work and private smartphone lives separate.

I really don't know why BlackBerry management doesn't realize that, BB10 was promised for the prosumer from the start in a way, the so called BlackBerry People and it was anything but.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-21-13 11:58 AM
    I just picked up a Q10:-)

Posted via CB10
    Ironically I just upgraded to a Q10 yesterday after an uncertain two weeks. The deal I got is good with or without the phone so I'm not worried if I'll have to give up the phone later
    09-21-13 11:59 AM

Prosumer = the kind of user that prefer the overall BlackBerry experience (despite lack of apps etc) and go on to sites like CB and learns about sideloading, leaks etc to somewhat make that experience better by loading apps and leaks.
    Wait... prosumers are pirates? LOL
    09-21-13 12:01 PM
    I love my Z10!!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-21-13 01:12 PM
    Freezes and restarts distracted many potential users. I think this is the main reason of BB10 failure.
    tack likes this.
    09-22-13 04:54 PM
    My Q10 didn't freeze and restart on 10.1.0.2xxx. Was I just lucky then? Or was he just out of luck. Did he get another Q10 or just give up right there? That sucks. The ones that BBRY needed to champion the device had some bad luck.
    BroncoVAL and CDM76 like this.
    09-22-13 05:50 PM
    I think what BlackBerry means by prosumer is that they'll keep selling to people who buy BlackBerry but won't do much to market their wares outside of that audience.
    09-22-13 05:58 PM
    Okay so I'm a Prosumer then. Oh Just as long as we can get them phones then I'm good. I just hope that we can get enough sales by then.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:02 PM
    #nailedit

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:04 PM
    My Q10 never froze not even once!
    My girlfriend had some problems with the Z10 but not too often. (but she is a massive user)
    BB10 is still a young OS i think all the fluidity and instant actions (for the q10) is worth a little annoyance here and there.
    Even if i was to experience some inconvenience i'd wait the OS to become more mature because i couldn't go back to iOS, BB10's gestures got me!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:07 PM
    BlackBerry has neither defined Prosumer or "mobile computing". They are simply throwing out buzz words to buy time at this point. No Bb10 on the PlayBook and BB10 is buggy as hell at launch, just say you are at the beginning of a mobile computing oddesey and people need to look at the future not today. Can't succeed in the consumer space, say you are moving to "prosumer" space. Define neither and no one can pin you down for it. Meanwhile the real focus is to buy time to unload the company in some way.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and notfanboy like this.
    09-22-13 06:46 PM
    The Z10 works wonder for this prosumer, I can tell you.
    09-22-13 06:48 PM
    I think prosumers are customers who are going to want any new BlackBerry phones that are made for Star Ship Enterprises.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:49 PM
    Prosumers don't like Blackberry 10-img_1308.jpg

Pro-sumer is the opposite of Con-sumer
    sparkaction, techvisor and 3Dee like this.
    09-22-13 07:12 PM
74 123