Ever since trying 10.2 builds ive had a single issue. I shrugged it off until now as im using un-released software, but these builds must be quite close to the release status, so im getting more sure that something else is wrong.

Ever since installing the first 10.2, ive had intermittent network issues. This manifests itsef in 2 ways.
    1/Loosing network connectivity on Mobile/Wifi. The Blackberry icon dissappears from the to bar and mail etc stops syncing.
    2/When connecting to my computer via USB, my computer does not receive an IP address.

A reboot fixes both of these for an undetermined amount of time.
    Sometimes, i think turning on/off flight mode fixes it.

I have never done a restore from BB link, and prefer to set up all my accounts manually.

I have just installed the latest leak, did a security wipe, and manually set up my accounts, and its still doing it.

Ive got a red Z10 STL100-2 running in the UK on Three.

Any ideas/suggestions?

ta
    09-21-13 02:09 AM
    Ever since trying 10.2 builds ive had a single issue. I shrugged it off until now as im using un-released software, but these builds must be quite close to the release status, so im getting more sure that something else is wrong.

Ever since installing the first 10.2, ive had intermittent network issues. This manifests itsef in 2 ways.
    1/Loosing network connectivity on Mobile/Wifi. The Blackberry icon dissappears from the to bar and mail etc stops syncing.
    2/When connecting to my computer via USB, my computer does not receive an IP address.

A reboot fixes both of these for an undetermined amount of time.
    Sometimes, i think turning on/off flight mode fixes it.

I have never done a restore from BB link, and prefer to set up all my accounts manually.

I have just installed the latest leak, did a security wipe, and manually set up my accounts, and its still doing it.

Ive got a red Z10 STL100-2 running in the UK on Three.

Any ideas/suggestions?

ta

I have noted the behaviour you describe in item #1 on recent OS versions in both the 10.1.0.4xxx series, as well as the 10.2.x.xxxx series.

My personal theory is that it is due to aggressive power-management that has trouble re-acquiring a signal after going into "deep sleep", ie when the signal is lost due to an obstruction or distance or congestion etc.

It seems to be slightly less of a problem on the latest 10.1.0.4xxx OS builds, and on recent 10.2 leaked builds. But it still seems to occur, for me anyway. The problem seems worse for me on 5Ghz wifi signals than on 2.4Ghz signals.

Re: #2, because Link uses a network connection model, various aspects of the computer configuration can impact connectivity, including aggressive firewalls and conflicting drivers. IPv6 is also necessary for the "remote file access" feature, if it is disabled or unavailable for some reason, RFA will not work.

Have you tried the latest version of Link that was just released within the last week?
    09-21-13 02:29 AM
    I also have the WiFi issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 02:45 AM
    Since I replaced my Linksys G router with a Libksys EA4500 (N Dual Band) I've only had this happen twice in 3 months. On the older one (WRT 54g) it was an ongoing issue...

Trusted Member Genius
    09-21-13 04:12 AM