It is sad to see the problems that have affected BlackBerry, but what annoys me most, are the so called BlackBerry die hards who have already written the company and its great products off. I believe that these people are worse than the android and ios fans who continually slam a great product. The critics may be putting BlackBerry in the coffin but you nay sayers and pretend loyal followers are putting the nails in. Below is a link for everyone to give you a reminder of all the dooms day people tolling the Apple Death Knell...

Apple Death Knell Counter - The Mac Observer

I am not an Iphone or anything Apple fan, but it is worth noting how they too were and continue to be writtn off but keep coming back and grew into the largest company in the world..Crackberry is where true BlackBerry fans come for support not to hear people whine and second guess everything the company does. Anybody who really believed that BlackBerry could turn things around in 6 months, knows nothing about the reality of running a big business. If you are a true believer, then you will hang in there and not jump ship.

Thank you...that was my rant for the day....and for the record, if there were no upgrades after 10.2, i would still be happy cause its still the best os out there and totally does the job for me
    09-20-13 08:17 PM
    I honestly expected the original post to simply say "you were right".
    09-20-13 08:21 PM
    You know that will never happen.
    One more quarter. By then Thor will have buried all of the unsold <fill in the blank devices> and <new OS version> will turn everything around and global cross platform BBM will be the answer.

Keep Losing.
    Saiga likes this.
    09-20-13 08:28 PM
    You don't have to stay here you know.

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep and eldricho like this.
    09-20-13 08:36 PM
    You know that will never happen.
    One more quarter. By then Thor will have buried all of the unsold <fill in the blank devices> and <new OS version> will turn everything around and global cross platform BBM will be the answer.

Keep Losing.
    Yes. This quarter didn't include the z30 sales so its not fair. Q5 not deployed enough places. The next one is THE ONE!
    09-20-13 08:38 PM
    Yes. This quarter didn't include the z30 sales so its not fair. Q5 not deployed enough places. The next one is THE ONE!
    To quote Rocky Balboa in Rocky V:

Rocky - "Hey, yo Tommy, I didn't hear no bell. One more round"(or quarter)
    09-20-13 08:45 PM

I'm sure Blackberry will hear the bell loud and clear down on Wall street on Monday morning.
    09-20-13 08:48 PM
    I've seen many smart BB Fans and contributors get driven off by those that think anything negative, even if it is the truth or constructive criticisms was being a troll.

I wish someone at RIM/BB had listen to some of the naysayers over the last five years!
    09-20-13 08:57 PM
    It is sad to see the problems that have affected BlackBerry, but what annoys me most, are the so called BlackBerry die hards who have already written the company and its great products off.
    That sentence alone makes it seem as if you believe this is a relatively new and sudden occurrence. It's not like BB has been slowly deteriorating since sometime around 2009/2010... oh... wait...
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    09-20-13 09:10 PM
    It wasn't a matter of people thinking BlackBerry could turn it around in 6 months. Firstly, they had almost 6 years to turn it around. They didn't. If you count from the time BB10 launched, 6 months wasn't a fan estimate of how much time they should turn around, it was a fiscal reality that they HAD to do it. They have failed. It's actually pretty stunning to see so many posts here today with people saying "keep the faith"!

Facts:
    BlackBerry is laying off 40% of their staff
    BlackBerry has lost almost $1 billion dollars in 1 quarter alone
    BlackBerry 10 is a total flop, legacy devices are outselling the new product, by quite a bit
    BlackBerry has announced they are abandoning the consumer market
    BlackBerry has announced they are scaling back phone models and only having 4
    Carriers aren't announcing the z30
    Carriers aren't restocking current models

There is no faith to keep alive, if you need BlackBerry to say "we're dead" for you to believe it, you won't ever get it. They may never die, but their hardware division, the part where they make phones for you to buy, IT'S OVER.
    09-20-13 09:19 PM
    Long live BB!
    I am getting the z30!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-20-13 09:21 PM
    It wasn't a matter of people thinking BlackBerry could turn it around in 6 months. Firstly, they had almost 6 years to turn it around. They didn't. If you count from the time BB10 launched, 6 months wasn't a fan estimate of how much time they should turn around, it was a fiscal reality that they HAD to do it. They have failed. It's actually pretty stunning to see so many posts here today with people saying "keep the faith"!

Facts:
    BlackBerry is laying off 40% of their staff
    BlackBerry has lost almost $1 billion dollars in 1 quarter alone
    BlackBerry 10 is a total flop, legacy devices are outselling the new product, by quite a bit
    BlackBerry has announced they are abandoning the consumer market
    BlackBerry has announced they are scaling back phone models and only having 4
    Carriers aren't announcing the z30
    Carriers aren't restocking current models

There is no faith to keep alive, if you need BlackBerry to say "we're dead" for you to believe it, you won't ever get it. They may never die, but their hardware division, the part where they make phones for you to buy, IT'S OVER.
    And all I have to say You are wrong.
    Nothing is over! You hear me? Nothing!
    Long live BB!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-20-13 09:24 PM
    And all I have to say You are wrong.
    Nothing is over! You hear me? Nothing!
    Long live BB!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    Facts are wrong? These are all things BlackBerry has announced... I hope that is sarcasm
    09-20-13 09:26 PM
    Why does everyone keep saying this, "Look at Apple..". Blackberry isn't Apple, Mike L. isn't Steve Jobs. Blackberry hasn't shown us any evidence that things are going to change, the only thing they keep doing is cutting cost. At least now it makes sense why the z30 event, wasn't really an event...
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-20-13 09:29 PM

Or to quote Bullwinkle: "Hey Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"
    09-20-13 09:31 PM
    Why does everyone keep saying this, "Look at Apple..". Blackberry isn't Apple, Mike L. isn't Steve Jobs. Blackberry hasn't shown us any evidence that things are going to change, the only thing they keep doing is cutting cost. At least now it makes sense why the z30 event, wasn't really an event...
    Actually they have announced things are going to change, they've announced they're trying to sell the company, have exited the consumer market, have cancelled future hardware development... that's change, it's just not good change.
    09-20-13 09:32 PM
    The competition was rough - like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli!
    Jman056 likes this.
    09-20-13 09:35 PM
    Blah blah it's not over till its over

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-20-13 09:46 PM
    Blah blah it's not over till its over

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    that's the thing though, blackberry announced it was over.

I have a feeling if Heins got on national television and said BlackBerry was throwing in the towel, that it was quitting hardware, that it was "officially over" people around here would call him a paid shill
    09-20-13 09:46 PM
    In some ways I'm kind of grateful that there seems to be some clarity as to the direction (dead end?) of BlackBerry now. Up until a couple of days ago I had been holding off getting things for my phone like various peripherals and apps because I thought something better might come along because bb10 was still new and developing. But recent news has convinced me that what my phone is now is basically as good as its going to get (and I'm okay with that - love my z10).
    I'm hunkering down now with the peripherals and apps I need (or at least that I can get) and will settle into a rhythm for the next couple of years or more with my z10. It's not what I hoped for initially but in the end.....its just a phone...for me anyways.
    I feel bad for those that are more financially (and emotionally) invested into BlackBerry than I am. I'm Canadian and am still pulling for them but it's going to be what it's going to be. Life goes on....at least mine needs too.

Posted via CB10
    katiepea likes this.
    09-20-13 09:49 PM
    You don't have to stay here you know.

Posted via CB10
    What about my post lead you to believe that I don't or didn't want to be here?

After reading "To All The Nay Sayers..." , I honestly expected to see "you were right". That wasn't a crack at you, the OP, BlackBerry or this website. It wasn't a crack at anyone. It was just what I expected after all of today's news. Sorry if I hurt your feelings though.
    09-20-13 09:50 PM
    I wish someone at RIM/BB had listen to some of the naysayers over the last five years!
    You mean all the "constructive criticisms" that say, "Oh, they should have done X a year or more ago?"

Though I agree that after the big reset, when Heins became in charge, they didn't advertise enough that they had a new OS/experience nor sell the Z10 at a very aggressive price. As far as development time, BB10 was probably being developed as quickly as they reasonably could. I can't fault them for not being able to go back in time and start on it sooner. As for whether they should have waited for 10.2 or just released 10.0, well, opinions are probably half and half on that matter, i.e. they need it perfect no matter how long it takes versus they need to get something out soon.
    09-20-13 09:50 PM
    I have owned only BB phones until I just bought the Droid MAXX ok I get that your going to call me a troll but if you do I only have two words for ya and it isn't good morning. I like you lived and breathed BB. I have a BB Z10 on my desk. It just won't do what I want my phone to do. Apps mostly. the Droid MAXX actually works really well I get many app updates daily so Android is not th Android we used to put down. BB10 is the OS that has fallen behind. Peace out time to move on you might be surprised
    pantlesspenguin and Saiga like this.
    09-20-13 10:08 PM
    I have owned only BB phones until I just bought the Droid MAXX ok I get that your going to call me a troll but if you do I only have two words for ya and it isn't good morning. I like you lived and breathed BB. I have a BB Z10 on my desk. It just won't do what I want my phone to do. Apps mostly. the Droid MAXX actually works really well I get many app updates daily so Android is not th Android we used to put down. BB10 is the OS that has fallen behind. Peace out time to move on you might be surprised
    I really like my Droid MAXX as well.

Here is something any smartphone fan should be able to appreciate:

To All The Nay Sayers...-screenshot_2013-09-06-12-47-04.jpg
    pantlesspenguin, louzer and travaz like this.
    09-20-13 10:12 PM
    I really like my Droid MAXX as well.

Here is something any smartphone fan should be able to appreciate:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-06-12-47-04.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	203963
    I know freaking battery is AWESOME . I go 12 hours off charger with 55%
    battery left and no wifi only LTE. I went 2 days without charging BB is no longer the king of the battery. Plus I love the wireless charger
    Saiga and louzer like this.
    09-20-13 10:16 PM
32 12