Total rewrite 2013.09.24:

Get the newest .apk for Spotify here (0.7.0.224). Choose 'manually download the application' (direct download, no need for plugins).

How to install: Side-load using debug token method. That is all. No more need for adding folders manually. Debug token install is needed for all functions, they will not work on the older unlocked runtimes (confirmation needed*). Easiest tutorial by syplex here.

On this latest leak, Spotify finally has all functions working and more!
    Functions:
    - Local Files (desktop) sync!
    - Browse, Discover, Playlists can all be used without work-arounds.
    - New layout in settings menu.
    - Increased stability.

Local Files can now be sync'd for Offline Mode. So you can finally use your own music library in Spotify. But there is more: they even show up in the Native Music Player! This means Spotify will allow you to sync music to your device and the songs will be available in the native Player and Spotify (WMP/iTunes only sync to the native Media Player).

Disclaimer: You can still use the old unlocked runtimes without a debug token, but you will have to add the cache-folders manually, and Local File sync will probably not work (confirmation needed*). The Local Files folder is called LocalSync, and located at spotifycache/Users/[username]-user/LocalSync. Again tutorial by syplex.

Just one negative point left: (my) headphone remotes still do not work, because BB10 does not recognize the app as a music player (no 'play' icon in statusbar). This means using in-line remotes will open the Native Music Player, not control Spotify.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 09-24-13 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Total rewrite for Spotify 0.7.0.224
    anon(5818411) and wizkid313 like this.
    09-20-13 06:26 PM
    Thanks for the headsup. I wonder if BlackBerry has been working with Spotify to get this working - perhaps an official release is possible.

Posted via CB10
    mr3flowers likes this.
    09-21-13 03:49 AM
    Thanks
    Is good post

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:11 AM
    Sorry if I'm a bit lazy here but can you point me to a matching guide to do this? This seems slightly complicated...

As I said, a bit lazy
    09-21-13 11:13 AM
    Ah if u not lazy go and figure it out your self

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 06:20 PM
    Sorry to say, but sysplex' guide for creating the debug token is one of the easiest around. And there are other sources too, I do not have an easier way.
    Take some time to try it, it is not as difficult as it looks!
    ...This seems slightly complicated...
    Just to be sure, can anyone confirm if this works without a debug token on the latest leak?
    09-21-13 07:21 PM
    U can sideload unlock android runtime

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 09:18 PM
    How to get Spotify working the easy way.
    Confirmed working on 1743 and 1725 on unlocked runtime 810.
    1.Download and install the 810 runtime. Here's the link MEGA

2. Get the latest version of Spotify bar.
    Here's another link AdF.ly - shrink your URLs and get paid!

3. After install with either DDPB or the Chrome extension Start spotify 20 seconds and close

4. Turn off developer mode and password

5. Now download these file folders and copy them to your SD card in:

/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/files/spotifycache

(Note some of these folders do not exist inside your android repository so you will have to create them. (I personally had to create both files and spotifycache) I'm sure you guys know how to create new folders.)

6.Now copy the Storage and Users folders there.

7.Finally restart and enjoy!

All credit goes to Blackberry Empire.
    09-22-13 09:10 PM
    ... reading must be difficult.
    1) that method has nothing to do with BlackBerry Empire, it has been thought of and shared by users on this forum.
    2) the "unlocked" runtime is a lot older than the current one, meaning it is less stable for one. The only benefit is that some apps work without a debug token.
    3) only on the latest runtime can you sync Local (desktop) Files, that does not work on the older versions, as far as I know.
    _____
    Untill someone can show me Local Files sync works with the "unlocked runtime", using the latest+debug is the best way to get all Spotify functions working!

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    09-23-13 05:27 AM
    How to get Spotify working the easy way.
    Confirmed working on 1743 and 1725 on unlocked runtime 810.
    1.Download and install the 810 runtime. Here's the link MEGA

2. Get the latest version of Spotify bar.
    Here's another link AdF.ly - shrink your URLs and get paid!

3. After install with either DDPB or the Chrome extension Start spotify 20 seconds and close

4. Turn off developer mode and password

5. Now download these file folders and copy them to your SD card in:

/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/files/spotifycache

(Note some of these folders do not exist inside your android repository so you will have to create them. (I personally had to create both files and spotifycache) I'm sure you guys know how to create new folders.)

6.Now copy the Storage and Users folders there.

7.Finally restart and enjoy!

All credit goes to Blackberry Empire.
    You don't need to do any of this now. Just sideload Spotify with the debug method on 1743 and it works.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:50 AM
    ... reading must be difficult.
    1) that method has nothing to do with BlackBerry Empire, it has been thought of and shared by users on this forum.
    2) the "unlocked" runtime is a lot older than the current one, meaning it is less stable for one. The only benefit is that some apps work without a debug token.
    3) only on the latest runtime can you sync Local (desktop) Files, that does not work on the older versions, as far as I know.
    _____
    Untill someone can show me Local Files sync works with the "unlocked runtime", using the latest+debug is the best way to get all Spotify functions working!

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    ...comprehending must be impossible task for others too. Chill out Glenny not everyone has the time or patience to install **** via debug method. Also this has helped many including me to run this app. I'm simply giving props to the place I found it.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:48 AM
    Yes you are right, the unlocked runtime makes it easier for some apps, if you don't mind using an older runtime version. I did not mean to sound so annoyed.
    My point was the debug token tutorials on here are pretty easy as well, and you can use the latest runtimes (more stable and supported).

[MAJOR EDIT]
    I rewrote the OP for the latest Spotify version (0.7.0.224) and included a better reference to the unlocked runtime. I still mention the benefits for using the latest runtime (all functions working), I hope this is a better way of putting it!
    [/MAJOR EDIT]

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 09-24-13 at 12:29 PM.
    09-24-13 11:02 AM