I don't get it. Any insight would be appreciated

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 04:28 PM
    I don't get it. Any insight would be appreciated

Posted via CB10
    It's a cry for help - the board are worried that the company will slowly falls to pieces before they can sell it off and cash-in - that would be my guess.
    09-20-13 04:29 PM
    Getting the bad news out before BBM launches cross-platform..

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 04:30 PM
    Regulatory reason..... they have to warn shareholders ASAP if something is out of whack.... and now they got the figures together and so they had to tell the street....

Btw... not As bad as it seems.... hopefully someone can elaborate..... I will do it later.... maybe even on seeking alpha....

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    09-20-13 04:34 PM
    Regulatory reason..... they have to warn shareholders ASAP if something is out of whack.... and now they got the figures together and so they had to tell the street....

Btw... not As bad as it seems.... hopefully someone can elaborate..... I will do it later.... maybe even on seeking alpha....

Posted via CB10
    Seekiing Alpha is the Worst place.....

It's EZ at least for me:

The peoples that bring the company here are the same that run the company now.

Soit's EZ you know the result if you like it, buy BBRY Share if you don't trust them or don't like where they are just Sell it !!!

Same Peoples with same methods will deliver tha same kind of results next time... ;-)
    09-20-13 04:39 PM
    Yes, perhaps you can convince people to buy more shares! No doubt a winning strategy. Dollar cost averaging? Watching the average number of dollars in your pocket dwindle.
    09-20-13 04:56 PM
    Damn, I loaded and then closed the browser window for that link posted by now-removed "Deep Throat" (lol)... now the post has disappeared into the digital ether...

Did anyone else catch that, or was that just a glitch in the matrix??

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 05:01 PM
    Dumping the stock market

Even when the numbers are say better this is a way to get rid of the stock market

I'm not allowed to post anything in my signature anymore...
    09-20-13 05:09 PM
    I don't know, but it totally effed me up by letting this news out.

I was planning on being able to cover my some of my longs next week, assuming that there was going to be a loss larger than last time around.

I'm guessing that the number of q10 sold reflects the number of posts in the q10 section on this site.

Posted via CB10
    Tariq Nasir likes this.
    09-20-13 05:54 PM
    Basically the q10 isn't selling, the z10 isn't selling, and neither is q5. 1.6 billion rev, 1 billion dollar loss. This is bad. It's not over, cause the fat lady hasn't sung yet but it's close.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:18 PM
    Hopefully it caught the Shorts off guard and they're stuck with no play to make on the stock. If they were hoping to dump it next week in the hopes of scooping it up cheap the week after, then they have no play. That would be awesome to see!!!!!

(sounds a lot like a move that Prem would make.... LOL)
    09-20-13 06:27 PM
    Basically the q10 isn't selling, the z10 isn't selling, and neither is q5. 1.6 billion rev, 1 billion dollar loss. This is bad. It's not over, cause the fat lady hasn't sung yet but it's close.

Posted via CB10
    Yes these are the numbers but they weren't obligated to announce until next Friday. Why catch everyone off guard with this info??There must be an underlying reason only privy to the bod.
    I think they knew that the market would respond negatively thus driving the SP down for the potential next owner of BlackBerry to get the stock price cheap before announcing the sale of BlackBerry next Friday. (just a theory of course)

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 06:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Those figures from today's report are the funny bit.

Notice tucked in the end they give sell through figures of 5.9 M.

So that (horrific) 1.6 B doesn't include those 2.2 mln devices.

They have, within today's release, announced that they will be changing their revenue recognition practices. Now they recognize revenues when it's in the end-user's hands.

This would effectively end-load revenues as opposed to front-loading it.

With some immediate, but temporary effects.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and kadakn01 like this.
    09-20-13 08:44 PM
    Yes these are the numbers but they weren't obligated to announce until next Friday. Why catch everyone off guard with this info??There must be an underlying reason only privy to the bod.
    The reason is not some secret. (1) The results were not even close to general expectations and (2) they have to share these results with potential buyers sooner rather than later. So for both reasons they had an obligation to tell their shareholders.
    09-20-13 08:48 PM
    "Hiding" (sorta) the news during the iPhone hype
    09-20-13 09:03 PM
    They had to report that they were changing their revenue recognition methods and also had to warn on the massive inventory write down.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat, morganplus8 and kadakn01 like this.
    09-20-13 09:14 PM
    Trying to yell with the barrel already in their mouth
    09-20-13 09:17 PM
    They had to report that they were changing their revenue recognition methods and also had to warn on the massive inventory write down.

Posted via CB10
    this to me makes the most sense. They have done this in the past. Its just good business practice to have a warning. I also agree with people that with all the leaks they had to do something.
    dusdal and southlander like this.
    09-20-13 09:20 PM
    I think they knew that the market would respond negatively thus driving the SP down for the potential next owner of BlackBerry to get the stock price cheap before announcing the sale of BlackBerry next Friday. (just a theory of course)

Posted via CB10
    As someone else already said, they have an OBLIGATION to release such information in a timely fashion. The auditors, lawyers, or regulators FORCED them to release the info. Probably the auditors. It should have been released weeks ago. Disgraceful. I expect lawsuits over this.

A lot of people got caught off guard today because ONE WEEK before is not normal. They have the numbers usually one month in advance of the c/c. So that means they've been sitting on the numbers for a few weeks. I am disgusted.

This company really doesn't deserve to survive. My heart goes out to the regular employees.
    sakin13 likes this.
    09-21-13 04:01 AM
    As someone else already said, they have an OBLIGATION to release such information in a timely fashion. The auditors, lawyers, or regulators FORCED them to release the info. Probably the auditors. It should have been released weeks ago. Disgraceful. I expect lawsuits over this.

A lot of people got caught off guard today because ONE WEEK before is not normal. They have the numbers usually one month in advance of the c/c. So that means they've been sitting on the numbers for a few weeks. I am disgusted.

This company really doesn't deserve to survive. My heart goes out to the regular employees.
    I am disgusted as well. Really. One effing week before announced ER. It completely caught everyone off. In the investors mind they assumed they had one week left whether to keep their position or sell.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:12 AM
    My guess :

BB was forced to issue such a statement one full week before the end of the reported Quarter as a restructuring strategy - to get rid of non-performing distributors & managers.

Pin: 219D20AF
    09-21-13 04:13 AM
    Yes, perhaps you can convince people to buy more shares! No doubt a winning strategy. Dollar cost averaging? Watching the average number of dollars in your pocket dwindle.
    Well.... I've been running the charts and it's pretty clear to me that we are seeing a Solo Space Otter formation, there was some resistance but a few laxatives cleared that out - I'm super-pumped about this stock and this just confirms to me that people should get in on the ground. Check out the chart and get in now with the smart-money.

what was purpose of Q2 preliminary report-ta.jpg
    Fuzzballz and JeepBB like this.
    09-21-13 04:19 AM
    It is better than last ER when TH was bragging on the huge sales and that Blackberry was going to be number 3!
    09-21-13 09:21 AM
    I am disgusted as well. Really. One effing week before announced ER. It completely caught everyone off. In the investors mind they assumed they had one week left whether to keep their position or sell.

Posted via CB10
    You just hit the nail on the head as they KNEW that many would get out before the impending ER. Not a word out of the board until this good for their purposes. I will say it again the the BB board is NOT looking after the stockholder's interests, they are looking after theirs.
    09-21-13 09:24 AM
    It's brilliant but a tad sheisty.... Do it at the end of the day Friday so it's not in the news Monday. BBM will hopefully be released this weekend and create some positive news.

Also it could have been worse as they had changed their record keeping format and the real loss is only between $250-$265 mil (they still have $2.6 bil with no debt) and 2.8 mil BB10 devices sold is about on par with projections. I bet the stock goes up next week once people realize this.
    09-22-13 06:00 AM
37 12