Today I was using my Z10's GPS and I noticed my phone was quiet. I looked down and I saw it reboot. I said okay? and kept driving. I look back at the phone and saw that the screen was black. Rebooted the phone and while it was rebooting with the blue startup screen, the screen faded. I plugged the phone into the car charger, fully booted up and then BLUE SCREEN!! I was cursing up a storm cause I knew it was dead.

But it seems to have SOME life. When I pull the battery out and plug the phone in wall/computer, the red light is solid for a good 30 seconds then it shuts off with no screen response. It did attempt to boot with the battery with the white blackberry logo and then the screen faded, turned black and shut off.

Link doesn't respond and I have a Mac. I can use Windows 8 but I need to install link to it.

Any help is appreciated!
    09-18-13 08:15 PM
    Initial suggestion.....

Leave phone on charger and pray.

Hard!
    09-18-13 08:23 PM
    I've had it on the charger for a half hour now. I've been praying a lot lately for other reasons but I will add my Z10 to the list.
    09-18-13 08:28 PM
    Give it a couple hours. If you have an external charger, even better.

May all your prayers be answered.
    09-18-13 08:32 PM
    My Z10 had the blue screen last week and T-Mobile sent me a new one. This one just got the blue screen a few minutes ago. I'm assuming it's dead.

I am on 10.2.0.1725 on it... could that be a cause? I'm also on it on my Q10, and it has yet to die..

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:11 AM
    My Z10 had the blue screen last week and T-Mobile sent me a new one. This one just got the blue screen a few minutes ago. I'm assuming it's dead.

I am on 10.2.0.1725 on it... could that be a cause? I'm also on it on my Q10, and it has yet to die..

Posted via CB10
    I have AT&T on the latest 10.1 update. I went to the warranty center and got a refurbished one. Right now i'm restoring a backup I had so fingers crossed this one doesn't die!
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-19-13 09:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe so. IF 1725 was causing something like this, I am sure others would have been affected by now as well....... I've got a TMo Z10, and I have run leaks up the wazoo from the beginning, and, it is still churning.

Now, that being said, I had my first Z10 replaced by TMo as I had a battery roast event where the battery got to > 140F (this 30 secs after detecting the hot phone, as I had to find my multimeter and thermocouple. SO, safe bet it got hotter than that 140F). That replacement occurred about 30 days after I got it (April of this year). At the time I was on the initial TMo 10.0.xxx .

SInce then, all has been relatively well.
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-19-13 10:26 AM
    My Z10 just died yesterday morning. No blue screen, no nothing.
    09-19-13 01:27 PM
    I don't believe so. IF 1725 was causing something like this, I am sure others would have been affected by now as well....... I've got a TMo Z10, and I have run leaks up the wazoo from the beginning, and, it is still churning.

Now, that being said, I had my first Z10 replaced by TMo as I had a battery roast event where the battery got to > 140F (this 30 secs after detecting the hot phone, as I had to find my multimeter and thermocouple. SO, safe bet it got hotter than that 140F). That replacement occurred about 30 days after I got it (April of this year). At the time I was on the initial TMo 10.0.xxx .

SInce then, all has been relatively well.
    Thanks. That's good to hear. I got the Z10 from T-Mobile when it launched, and it rebooted that day so I exchanged it in-store. Then it lasted all the way until last week, when I got the blue screen of death. Then I just got the replacement, loaded the newest 10.2 leak and was fine until it died (haha). I had loaded like all the leaks on my Z10 previously, and none caused an issue. I did notice that my phone was SUPER hot when I took the battery out during the blue screen last night. It hasn't turned on since.
    09-19-13 04:31 PM
    Two Z's with Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1725 on them since it leaked, and no problems at all, just like every previous leak. Any sideloads that may have caused it?
    09-19-13 04:49 PM
    I had my Zee replaced 2 months ago, im on leaks as soon as it was available for my STL 1, apparently its the hardware causing the problem (loose battery pin, and it cant detect the battery). To the OP, try the usual tricks to revive the Zee if nothing else works, claim your warranty.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 07:20 PM
    Thanks. That's good to hear. I got the Z10 from T-Mobile when it launched, and it rebooted that day so I exchanged it in-store. Then it lasted all the way until last week, when I got the blue screen of death. Then I just got the replacement, loaded the newest 10.2 leak and was fine until it died (haha). I had loaded like all the leaks on my Z10 previously, and none caused an issue. I did notice that my phone was SUPER hot when I took the battery out during the blue screen last night. It hasn't turned on since.
    Sounds like the battery roast event I had. Make sure you have a new battery. Mine replacement was sent without a new battery. I bit the bullet and bought a new one.

it IS possible that a defective battery could fry a device, I suppose, by over heating it..... (??)

Sorry for your luck. try a new battery on the next one, and make sure you use the charger supplied.
    09-19-13 07:30 PM
    Hey. I had a Z10 do this. It isn't a software issue, it's a hardware fault. Some of the early Z10s (like very little of them) had this issue. It may work but it will blue screen again eventually. I would suggest getting it exchanged. Do you have insurance?

Posted via CB10
    Meowx likes this.
    09-19-13 07:51 PM