Hey all. I'm getting the message "Your device could not be registered with the Blackberry Infrastructure" after loading the new 1725 leak, but before completing the initial setup of the phone. Any ideas on what I should do? The only thing I did different this time was to put the phone in Airplane mode before the install because emails and texts were constantly coming through just before i started the leak install.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!
    09-17-13 12:13 PM
    Same thing here right now ??? mine stuck there before wipe but went thru second try now no go. Did a battery pull & didnt help Im on a Q10
    Last edited by tlgem; 09-17-13 at 12:27 PM. Reason: more info
    09-17-13 12:18 PM
    I also am having this issue. I just installed .1725, did my security wipe, and now when it searches for software updates in that part of the initial setup, it eventually times out and says "Your device could not be registered with the Blackberry Infrastructure" and gives the option to Retry or Shutdown. My phone was not in Airplane Mode previous to the install like the above user. Any guidance would be welcome! Thanks!
    09-17-13 12:24 PM
    Yep. It keeps "Checking for Updates" and then giving me the above message. I remember in doing earlier installs that the phone was able to turn on it's radio when/if needed, so I don't know what the problem could be this time
    09-17-13 12:25 PM
    09-17-13 12:26 PM
    Hey all. I'm getting the message "Your device could not be registered with the Blackberry Infrastructure" after loading the new 1725 leak, but before completing the initial setup of the phone. Any ideas on what I should do? The only thing I did different this time was to put the phone in Airplane mode before the install because emails and texts were constantly coming through just before i started the leak install.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

What I generally do with leaks is run the autoloader and when it boots swipe past the WiFi and BBID screens, can be in airplane mode or not, doesn't make any difference if it complains about not being able to connect to anything because the next step is to do a security wipe of the device. But make sure to go out of airplane mode before you start so when it reboots it will have its radio enabled.

After the security wipe the OS will remain intact but any user/account info will be removed, and THIS time when it asks to login to your BBID during the boot process, go ahead and do so. Then after it's booted and you swipe through the demo junk and let it settle a bit, do your restore, if any. (You can re-enable airplane mode before doing the restore but if I'm not mistaken the more recent 10.2 OS's do that themselves anyway.)
    09-17-13 12:27 PM
    Im having the same problem aft installing the update (.1725), it says "Your device could not be registered with the Blackberry Infrastructure"
    Can someone pls help!! I need to use my phone
    09-17-13 12:27 PM
    What I generally do with leaks is run the autoloader and when it boots swipe past the WiFi and BBID screens, can be in airplane mode or not, doesn't make any difference if it complains about not being able to connect to anything because the next step is to do a security wipe of the device. But make sure to go out of airplane mode before you start so when it reboots it will have its radio enabled.

After the security wipe the OS will remain intact but any user/account info will be removed, and THIS time when it asks to login to your BBID during the boot process, go ahead and do so. Then after it's booted and you swipe through the demo junk and let it settle a bit, do your restore, if any. (You can re-enable airplane mode before doing the restore but if I'm not mistaken the more recent 10.2 OS's do that themselves anyway.)
    My phone was never in Airplane Mode at any point during the process. The first run through the initial setup before the wipe went fine, for some reason it's only been giving me this issue after the security wipe.
    09-17-13 12:32 PM
    Can't be the problem for me, I'm on vacation in Thailand right now so I'm using my hotel's WiFi here.
    09-17-13 12:33 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Anyone managed to solve it yet?
    09-17-13 12:37 PM
    Hmm ... so after an hour of hitting retry it suddenly decides to work ... go figure? Good luck tigem and airninja
    airninja likes this.
    09-17-13 12:40 PM
    I guess I'm not as patient as seretse, I'm reinstalling the OS Hopefully it will work this time...
    09-17-13 12:43 PM
    Just did a re install didnt sign in to wifi or BB ID and it went through ok but I have verizon signal here so any way that worked for me
    On reinstall it flashed that update screen for a couple seconds and then the install went ok
    Hope that helps
    airninja likes this.
    09-17-13 12:45 PM
    let us know if the reinstall works and wat did u do differently...
    09-17-13 12:46 PM
    Didnt want to let me sign in to BB ID reboot and now ok signing into accounts & wifi now will post if more problems otherwise no news is good news
    Adding accts first somewhere in forum said you need to do that before restore for dark contacts
    09-17-13 12:58 PM
    I think some of the blackberry servers weren't responding to some requests earlier, but they seem to be working again now
    airninja likes this.
    09-17-13 12:58 PM