Hey All,

My contract for my 9810 is finally up and I'm considering upgrading to a Q10.

I recall there being discussion a few months ago about issues with the BB Bridge functionality between OS10 and the Playbook.

I use the Bridge app all the time (remote control, internet access via the phone, etc) and am concerned that if I get a Q10 then I'll be losing some much needed functionality on my Playbook.

Has there been any update or addressing of the issues?

Thanks in advance
    09-17-13 11:10 AM
    Nothing changed
    If you have a BB10 phone, Bridge will ONLY give you remote control & internet access.
    That's it.

Edit: when using BB10 device, bridge also allows the PB to access files on the BB10 device ( via file manager )
    Last edited by Briard; 09-17-13 at 11:44 AM.
    09-17-13 11:28 AM
    I would have thought they would have been more compatible when considering the are born from QNX.
    09-17-13 11:31 AM
    I would have thought they would have been more compatible when considering the are born from QNX.
    Well they may have figured that the pb would get its own BBM and text apps since it was going to get bb10. Then they decided no bb10 for the pb. They really appear to be skitzoid at times. For me the best part about bridge is Internet without a bigger bill using the data I already pay for and what should it matter how I get it? And having BBM, no groups, and texting.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 09-17-13 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Out
    09-17-13 11:50 AM
    For what it's worth, when I first got my Q back in May I was caught off guard by the "missing" bridge functionality. However, the reality (for me at least) is that I find my need/desire to go to my PB is much less now due to the capabilities of the Q10 itself.

When I need to, I can surf with my PB via my Q10 and access files etc. I don't miss the bbm or texting from the PB at all. The Q is THAT good.

Get the Q, learn to use it and you will be very happy.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    09-17-13 12:40 PM
    For what it's worth, when I first got my Q back in May I was caught off guard by the "missing" bridge functionality. However, the reality (for me at least) is that I find my need/desire to go to my PB is much less now due to the capabilities of the Q10 itself.

When I need to, I can surf with my PB via my Q10 and access files etc. I don't miss the bbm or texting from the PB at all. The Q is THAT good.

Get the Q, learn to use it and you will be very happy.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Unless you want or need (eye sight) a larger screen like some of us. My torch does everything beyond flash player that the pb can do but I need the larger screen space.
    09-17-13 12:44 PM
    For myself, I find that the functionality I use and need is exactly what is available. I use remote control and Bridge tethering to access the Internet when I am not near wifi and there is an urgent need for something (read: golf course). Responding to texts etc on my Playbook isn't something I ultimately found myself utilizing much with my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 03:27 PM
    Thanks for the responses.

From what I gather, the only thing I won't be able to do with a Q10/Playbook combo is to use the Playbook to read/respond to emails/BBM that are on the phone and use the Calendar (without actually setting up the email accounts/calendars on the Playbook itself).

Hopefully that'll come with a future Bridge update as those are convenient features!

Nothing changed
    If you have a BB10 phone, Bridge will ONLY give you remote control & internet access.
    That's it.

Edit: when using BB10 device, bridge also allows the PB to access files on the BB10 device ( via file manager )
    09-17-13 03:28 PM