Hi all,
    Had an issue for a while now on a few of the OS's installed, kinda gotten used to it but is a Pain!
    When I open the hub to check the messages, if I only check the facebook Or whats app the Emails waiting will mark themselves read! i've missed a few emails this way and only picked them up when on the main computer later that day,
    Am I missing a setting anywhere or is it just one of those freak things??
    Q10 100-3 10.2.0.1047

Many thanks in advance for any tips and ideas on it!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 06:34 AM
    I had this issue as well when I first got the Z10, ( I am speaking of only emails , I do not use FB or twitter) .I had entered the wrong settings and then had to call my internet provider to get the proper settings. POP.SMTP etc etc
    09-17-13 08:20 AM
    How are they showing up on your main computer later that day? Do they show are read or unread? And what is your email provider?
    09-17-13 08:31 AM
    its not the pop settings etc as i had to get the specific setting for one ofmy mail accounts, its happening on all the email accounts,

they show up as Unread in outlook and on the webmail inbox's but on the phone they read themselves!
    09-17-13 08:37 AM
    Was it happening on the official OS or just on leaked OS's? I notice that you're on a leaked 10.2 OS, wondering if that may have something to do with it. Can other 10.2 users chime in on if they have similar experiences?
    09-17-13 10:13 AM
    Also, how do you check Facebook and WhatsApp? Do you open the hub then select their specific tab of do you just stay in the main hub view?
    09-17-13 10:14 AM
    I kinda flick between both individual folders to view or just poke the message in the hub,

Ive been running leaks for a while and cant remember if it did it on the std os, sorry!
    09-17-13 10:25 AM
    They showed up read on my phone as well, it was the settings . I had entered them incorrectly on my initial setup, they were unread on my computer. I am with Primus and they straightened it out. I even talked with Blackberry support , this was settings issue in my case
    09-17-13 11:14 AM
    They showed up read on my phone as well, it was the settings . I had entered them incorrectly on my initial setup, they were unread on my computer. I am with Primus and they straightened it out. I even talked with Blackberry support , this was settings issue in my case

And WHICH setting was responsible? I can't think of any email setting that would mark messages read without some sort of user action.

One of the common UI things that people sometimes activate by accident is the "Mark Prior Read" feature - this flyout menu option only appears if you press and hold the date separator in a BB Hub listing. (Rather than a specific message) Sometimes people quickly activate it thinking it is some other menu option, without actually looking at what they are pressing.
    09-17-13 12:37 PM