It is unclear if this is just for Africa or worldwide, but here's the source: techsuplex

post>>>>>

About an hour ago, I got the most a tip in the mail saying that BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) would be available on Samsungs Galaxy range of smartphones on the 19th of September. Samsung�s and BlackBerry have already announced that BlackBerry messenger BBM would be part of the messaging hub on the Galaxy range soon, so besides the date, it really isn�t news. I tweeted it, but didn�t make much of it.

A few minutes later, another source let me know that MTN has sent an internal communication to its front-line staff telling them to brace up for customer inquiries following the availability of BBM Samsung Galaxy devices from the 19th. To be certain I have reached out to some contacts and can confirm that the news is indeed legit.

It is unclear if the app would be available on iTunes and Google Play as well on the said date. One source mentioned that the app may be a Samsung exclusive for 3 months but isn�t sure if that is just for Africa or Worldwide.

bbm-android

Update: The exclusive deal is really happening, Samsung just confirmed that to my via twitter.

In related news, the apk of the BBM app for is out in the wild, but it is pointless to install, because BlackBerry has locked down the access to the beta to only registered BBIDs on the beta program. if you still want to see if you can get it to work using some magic we all don�t know about, you will find it here.
    schmeat likes this.
    09-16-13 01:38 PM
    #BBMForAll (unless you don't have a blackberry or samsung device)

lol
    h20work and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-16-13 01:53 PM
    Interesting. So announce it on the 18th to be available next day.

This exclusive to the galaxy line, this is Africa only?

If it's worldwide, that's terrible decision making on Blackberrys part.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 01:53 PM
    It's not exclusive, both ios and android are getting it, all ics devices are getting it

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 01:57 PM
    The exclusivity sounds fishy. They wouldn't announce that they submitted to Apple App Store 2 weeks ago, to then say that it will exclusively on Samsung for 3 months.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 02:03 PM
    The exclusivity sounds fishy. They wouldn't announce that they submitted to Apple App Store 2 weeks ago, to then say that it will exclusively on Samsung for 3 months.

Posted via CB10
    Alex K's tweet was only about iOS. So theoretically Android exclusivity is possible.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 02:23 PM
    Maybe it's exclusive on Android for Samsung but available on IOS at the same time.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-16-13 02:25 PM
    Android exclusive to a specific geographical area is possible.

It could be an alliance with Samsung in that area.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 02:31 PM
    Bbm with Samsung skin?

28/M/SWEDEN -> 2ABA2B4C (NO PEOPLE FROM AFRICA OR ASIA)
    09-16-13 02:31 PM
    Maybe it's exclusive on Android for Samsung but available on IOS at the same time.
    As Chris/bla1ze pointed out to me, even if it was exclusive to Sammy how long would it take for the apk is released? Also you now have to assume that there will be no more whitelist by this date so even the older version that's currently leaked would begin to work.

Sent from my HTC One running PlayBook 3.0
    09-16-13 02:33 PM
    Interesting. So announce it on the 18th to be available next day.

This exclusive to the galaxy line, this is Africa only?

If it's worldwide, that's terrible decision making on Blackberrys part.

Posted via CB10
    Well, when it's announced on the 18th in Malaysia, it will be the 17th in North America.
    When it's the 18th in North America, it's the 19th in Malaysia.
    That could be the explanation.
    09-16-13 02:43 PM
    Update: The exclusive deal is really happening, Samsung just confirmed that to my via twitter.
    If this is entirely exclusive to Samsung and not available for any other Android or iOS device for three months then BB has just shot themselves in the foot with both barrels.
    09-16-13 03:01 PM
    It's not exclusive, both ios and android are getting it, all ics devices are getting it

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    You could have a situation where it is available world wide, but not available in Africa on iTunes or Google Play except on Samsung's store for a period of time.
    09-16-13 03:02 PM
    Samsung exclusive would be stupid.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    chern likes this.
    09-16-13 03:03 PM
    Bbm with Samsung skin?

28/M/SWEDEN -> 2ABA2B4C (NO PEOPLE FROM AFRICA OR ASIA)
    no offense and not related to the post but what is it with your signature. It sounds...akward

I am Zeeing things. There I Zed it.
    Donvald, BB_Bmore, h20work and 8 others like this.
    09-16-13 03:06 PM
    It is unclear if this is just for Africa or worldwide, but here's the source: techsuplex

post>>>>>

About an hour ago, I got the most a tip in the mail saying that BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) would be available on Samsungs Galaxy range of smartphones on the 19th of September. Samsung�s and BlackBerry have already announced that BlackBerry messenger BBM would be part of the messaging hub on the Galaxy range soon, so besides the date, it really isn�t news. I tweeted it, but didn�t make much of it.

A few minutes later, another source let me know that MTN has sent an internal communication to its front-line staff telling them to brace up for customer inquiries following the availability of BBM Samsung Galaxy devices from the 19th. To be certain I have reached out to some contacts and can confirm that the news is indeed legit.

It is unclear if the app would be available on iTunes and Google Play as well on the said date. One source mentioned that the app may be a Samsung exclusive for 3 months but isn�t sure if that is just for Africa or Worldwide.

bbm-android

In related news, the apk of the BBM app for is out in the wild, but it is pointless to install, because BlackBerry has locked down the access to the beta to only registered BBIDs on the beta program. if you still want to see if you can get it to work using some magic we all don�t know about, you will find it here.
    Wouldn't this defeat the whole purpose of bbm cross platform?? Smh I really hope this isn't true. If so blackberry might have just played it's last hand.
    09-16-13 03:07 PM
    Maybe Samsung paid millions to have it exclusive for the short term?
    NotGoodIMO likes this.
    09-16-13 03:13 PM
    Maybe Samsung paid millions to have it exclusive for the short term?
    ...and thereby wrecking the future chances of a cross-platform BBM ecosystem? If you're trying to reach as many people as possible then it's brain-dead to restrict it to a select few. BBM is already going to have a problem whereby people who try it may find that hardly any of their friends use it - and a deal like that would make sure it was true. Doomed.
    09-16-13 03:28 PM
    South Africa only...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    09-16-13 03:48 PM
    Well...I still bought the Jay Z Magna Carta album after it's exclusive release on Samsung phones. Lots of doom and gloom here considering no one knows what form this "exclusive" agreement will even take. Or if it truly exists. I guess we will know all of the answers by this Friday!
    09-16-13 03:52 PM
    Well...I still bought the Jay Z Magna Carta album after it's exclusive release on Samsung phones. Lots of doom and gloom here considering no one knows what form this "exclusive" agreement will even take. Or if it truly exists. I guess we will know all of the answers by this Friday!
    I am sure that I already know lol. This is nonsense. It will be available for all Android ics and up along with iPhone in a few short days

Sent from my HTC One running PlayBook 3.0
    09-16-13 03:57 PM
    This is from our South African Tech Journalist. I think what Samsung is trying to do is too try win over as many BB Legacy users as possible before Apple does. Our biggest carrier has 3.1 million BlackBerry user and BlackBerry is the best mobile phone 3 years in a row in South Africa. Smart move by Samsung, but would it pay off?

BBM is coming Samsung Galaxy devices on September 19th! As a 3 month Exclusive-img_00000629.jpg
    09-16-13 04:11 PM
    Defo won't be worldwide

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    09-16-13 04:31 PM
    If this is entirely exclusive to Samsung and not available for any other Android or iOS device for three months then BB has just shot themselves in the foot with both barrels.
    Vhat caan vee doo foar me to get my $55 million? -TH

Lols

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    jtfolden, Nharzhool and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-16-13 04:39 PM
    ...and thereby wrecking the future chances of a cross-platform BBM ecosystem? If you're trying to reach as many people as possible then it's brain-dead to restrict it to a select few. BBM is already going to have a problem whereby people who try it may find that hardly any of their friends use it - and a deal like that would make sure it was true. Doomed.
    If this crap is true, then yes, BlackBerry is more doomed than Doomguy playing Episode 4, Levels 1-3 on Nightmare! difficulty.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    09-16-13 04:44 PM
116 123 ...