Not the biggest problem in the world... but frustrating.

Each time my Hub resets, my personalized email signature also resets to the default "Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone".

Any suggestions to fix this?

thanks...
    09-13-13 02:21 PM
    Hi Bertha,

First of all allow me to welcome you to the crackberry forums!

Can you tell me what OS version you are running on your Q10? I experienced this same problem in an early version of 10.2 but not since..
    09-13-13 03:44 PM
    thanks for the welcome just_luc!

software is 10.1.0.4211 on Sprint; as far as I can tell, that is the latest version?

and while I have your attention... any advice on removing a stubborn voicemail notification from the Hub and lock screen? I deleted the VM, but I can't get rid of the notification(s). I just converted to BB from WebOS; on that platform I had a "voicemail reset" option.

thanks again...
    09-13-13 04:25 PM
    Hrmm.. if you are using official software there's no reason for you to be having that bug. There must be something corrupt in your installation.

Unfortunately the only solution I can think of it to reload the OS and and perform a security wipe...

I suppose the upside is that should also clear the errant voice mail notification... on its own, if you didn't need to wipe your device.. and while I haven't experienced that on BB10 as of yet, when it used to happen on BBOS I would call myself from another phone, leave myself a new voice mail, and when I retreived that one and cleared it from the device it would remove the notification.

Posted via CB10
    bertha b likes this.
    09-13-13 06:53 PM
    I am running 10.2.1.537 and have reloaded it once again....same issue.
    I am in business, and thought that was where Blackberry excelled. Now when I land and restart my phone, if I reply to any of the customer email that come through, NO signature. That looks unprofessional, and I think is ridiculous that it has no fix yet.
    Besides that, I landed 2 hours ago, and the Z10 still doesn't have my contacts loaded. this NEVER happened with previous software.
    I keep saying I've had BB since day one for business, but watching everyone around me use other devices without these issues makes me wonder why.
    PICK IT UP BLACKBERRY, before there's nobody left.
    02-17-14 09:45 PM
    This stupidity seems to be getting worse. Now my business email signature disappears WITHOUT the device resetting. I was emailing customers last night, then suddenly my signature is gone. And BIG surprise....no fix yet. My kids S4 and iphone 5's perform better than this...and I HATE apple.
    02-24-14 10:11 AM
    I have the same issue. Signature will not hold.

Have a Q10 with current OS. 10.2.1.537

One Gmail account and one activesync email account. Both signatures get dropped on restart of device. Restarting only the hub does not drop signature.

I agree. Very unprofessional.

I have tried the security wipe. I have also swapped phone to another Q10 recently. Same issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 09:12 PM
    I have re-installed the OS, AND my email account now....and my signature disappears sometimes on a daily basis...This is nuts. can BB fix their issues anymore? A professional business system, and while travelling, I respond clients with "sent from my BB smartphone"?????
    BB and I are tweeting back and forth on this now, and they are telling me how to save my battery life (which is terrible with the new OS) and offered the resets I mentioned on my email sig. So NO help as yet. I I bought this Z10 myself, FULL ticket $500. Great support. And they wonder why people go to the kiddie android and iphones...
    03-12-14 10:55 PM
    BTW, how does one revise the default signature on Sprint Q10?
    03-12-14 11:34 PM
    I don't use a signature, but I've never had it come on on me. I do have an issue where my unlimited sync gets changed to 30 days on a regular basis. Don't know why I need to reset it every couple weeks. Also my email (EAS) doesn't always deliver in a timely manner. And sometimes no emails will come through while on Wi-Fi, but they will as soon as I disable Wi-Fi and use the cell network. And the rest of the data does work over Wi-Fi.

I feel like I'm doing so much complaining about BlackBerry lately. I'm actually one of the biggest BlackBerry fans out there, but all these little annoyances are really getting on my nerves.
    03-13-14 12:23 AM
    Well, I'm (perhaps prematurely) happy to say the upgrade to 10.2.1.2102 came through yesterday.
    After installing and restarting, my signature is still there..) Perhaps they are fixing some of these issues.
    Happy to say that as of today (April 10, 2014) my Z10 is working great, and has not dropped the sig even once.
    Great update BB..thanks.
    Now if only my battery would last more than 5 hours...
    Last edited by harleyx; 04-10-14 at 10:37 AM.
    03-18-14 10:05 AM