For a few days, the scroll wheel was slow moving down. Now, it's not moving at all. I assume it's just dust trapped underneath. How can I pull it apart (or can I?) to clean? Oh how I remember the 'ol days when we had the mice with the wheels .

Thanks!
    10-21-08 10:14 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 10:20 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

Great! Thank you.
    10-21-08 10:28 AM
    Before you try removing the track ball you may want to try cleaning it with alcohol, canned air & a q-tip. I recently had the same problem. I just turned my berry off set the BB on a table & pressed the track ball in while scrolling it with one hand & using the q-tip/air with the other. You probably have some debris traped in it & doing this repeatedly should free it.

10-21-08 10:31 AM
    Your very welcome!

10-21-08 10:31 AM
    Before you try removing the track ball you may want to try cleaning it with alcohol, canned air & a q-tip. I recently had the same problem. I just turned my berry off set the BB on a table & pressed the track ball in while scrolling it with one hand & using the q-tip/air with the other. You probably have some debris traped in it & doing this repeatedly should free it.

hmmm I'll try this method first, thanks! Although I am quite comfortable taking the trackball out for cleaning, I'd rather avoid it if I could. I want this phone working until I switch over to the Storm.
    10-21-08 11:01 PM

This what I will do the next time. Took my trackball totally apart then trying to put it back lost one the white pieces. Now I sit here all gloom waiting for the mailman to bring me relief.
    10-22-08 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD