I just replaced my Z10 with a new one due to a faulty headphone jack.

Something that is occuring differently on the new Z10 is that the Hub has split into two....a "work" and a "personal" Hub. The first entry on the hub menu is a "switch to work" or a "switch to personal".

On my prior Z10, all accounts were shown in one version of the Hub. If I chose a work account, it requested the work password prior to opening (if I hadn't entered a work password recently).

The only account that this really impacts is my work email (exchange) account. My calendar, contacts, etc. all seem to show up on the personal side.

Is there a way to "integrate" all of the accounts on to one version of hub?
    09-12-13 12:47 PM
    Talk to your IT department. Sounds like you have BES and BlackBerry Balance.

Posted via CB10
    slalom likes this.
    09-12-13 12:53 PM
    Yup you're on Balance and no way for you to change anything without their permission unfortunately. I've noticed similar things. Biggest pain for me is screen grabs. They get saved to the work side and can't be "shared".
    Contact your IT but change is prob unlikely. Good luck!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-12-13 01:40 PM
    Interestingly I had my IT dept initially set me up on BES, so I had Balance. But I didn't need that separation and it isn't corporate policy to have it, so I deleted my work email account, which got rid of balance. Then I reinstalled my work email myself and Balance did not come back.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 10:51 PM
    In the HUB go to settings, display and actions. Turn off split personal and work. This should do the trick unless it's blocked by your IT.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 11:07 PM
    In the HUB go to settings, display and actions. Turn off split personal and work. This should do the trick unless it's blocked by your IT.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully this works for the OP. This option is greyed out for me courtesy of IT.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-13-13 12:20 PM
    BlackBerry can be set up in 2 different ways on BES. With balance (2 hubs, personal and work) or restricted mode (just work, no private).
    Ask your it department to Re-activate with restricted mode if you don't want personal area.

I highly recommend not to delete work email and set up as private as this breaks the concept of 2 areas and mixes both wich means a serious security issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 12:41 PM
    So, there was no option to turn off split hub into personal and work, however....I needed to reinstall the O/S due to some other issues (covered in another thread).

I set up my work email following the instructions of my IT department and "voila" - one hub with a work email (still with a separate password and locking time).

Problem solved!
    09-17-13 01:48 PM