Just a heads up for those of you still looking to buy a Playbook, 1SaleADay.com has the 64gb model (open box) for sale today for $109.99 and free shipping (US only).Here is the link:

https://www.1sale.com/electronics/co...aign=m09122013

They are reputable but only ship to a US address. I use a US reshipper as I am in Canada.

Get them while you still can.
    09-12-13 11:36 AM
    not a bad deal if you still want one!
    09-12-13 11:40 AM
    This is a sweet deal! I bought one from these guys a few months ago, for $149, which I thought was a steal back then. Takes a while to ship it(took about 10 days to receive it), but their products are as advertised. Despite the number of people who rip this tablet and BB, I find people are surprised by how much I can do with this, compared to their iPad or other droid tablets. For this price, it almost becomes disposable, if it died. I still have my 16gb I bought over a year ago. Works great, and haven't had any issues. Both are used every day.
    09-12-13 11:54 AM
    Just for the storage size alone it would be worth considering for that price...Movies, Pics, Music, Etc.........I mean isn't a 64GB USB Drive or Micro SD around $50.00?
    09-12-13 12:19 PM
    Just for the storage size alone it would be worth considering for that price...Movies, Pics, Music, Etc.........I mean isn't a 64GB USB Drive or Micro SD around $50.00?
    I think it's bad deal, it's too old hardware and there wont be any more OS developments, BB10 even killed the bridge best features.

If you need a USB drive or MicroSD the playbook is defo the wrong choice, you cant stick it no where.
    09-12-13 12:24 PM
    I think it's bad deal, it's too old hardware and there wont be any more OS developments, BB10 even killed the bridge best features.

If you need a USB drive or MicroSD the playbook is defo the wrong choice, you cant stick it no where.
    I think you missed the point. He was suggesting that a basic memory stick would cost $50.00 and for another $50.00 or so you get a playbook (and all that it can do still) with the 64 gb storage. Hence $50.00 for a tablet computer that still does a lot of things really well.

How is that a bad deal for anyone who could get use from the playbook in it's current state?
    09-12-13 12:32 PM
    For me it's a bad deal because I would never buy something technologically obsolete and that the manufactured declared end of life and wont be developed further. That's my opinion but if anyone else thinks different they should go ahead and take advantage of this offer.
    Cynycl likes this.
    09-12-13 12:46 PM
    For me it's a bad deal because I would never buy something technologically obsolete and that the manufactured declared end of life and wont be developed further. That's my opinion but if anyone else thinks different they should go ahead and take advantage of this offer.
    My two firesale Touchpads say hello, along with the other two firesale ones I sent to my parents and my brother abroad...
    catch22kev and yellowhammer like this.
    09-12-13 01:16 PM
    I'm not sure if investing in a PlayBook at this time is something I would do, but thanks for the info OP. I'm happy with my 32 gb PlayBook
    09-12-13 01:23 PM
    I don't know about an investment but I like the deal. Been sitting on the fence watching Amazon at $153. Thanks for the tip OP. Popped on this as soon as I saw it. I can retire my 16g to my garage for music and searches and enjoy some extra storage on this one for work. I still love mine, use it every day.
    09-12-13 06:11 PM
    They are back to $129 today, still not a bad deal. There is one available in the CB Marketplace that comes to less than $99 that is barely used (20 hrs). He just wants to trade for a 64 gb usb 3.0 memory stick, but will take cash (paypal) and buy his own, only catch is you pay all shipping costs. It is still a really great deal.

http://forums.crackberry.com/marketp...-drive-846632/
    09-13-13 05:57 AM