My PlayBook was stolen yesterday when my house was broken into. Is there a way to delete email accounts from it? It's not bridged to my phones at all. I also don't have it on BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 03:44 PM
    Did you have a screen lock on it? If so the device will wipe after 5 password attempts and this will remove your info.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-11-13 03:49 PM
    My PlayBook was stolen yesterday when my house was broken into. Is there a way to delete email accounts from it? It's not bridged to my phones at all. I also don't have it on BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    At this time, no. BB has BB protect for the phone(s), where you can ping the phone, send a message to the phone and wipe the phone.

We were waiting for that to come to the Playbook, but as of now, it's only "End Of Life" support. The update we received yesterday is probably the last we will see.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Did you have it password protected? If so, they can't get to you email accounts etc., and then at best, "they" can wipe it for you by entering 5 or10 bad passwords(not sure) and the device will wipe itself.

c
    pkcable likes this.
    09-11-13 03:52 PM
    Is there a way to delete email accounts from it?
    No. Go online and change your passwords. Then, if you have the PB's pin number, call Blackberry. They can blacklist your PB.
    Carl Estes and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    09-11-13 03:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry bout the breakin. Hope you have insurance.
    09-11-13 04:16 PM
    Just wanted to say I'm so sorry this happened to you. Hope the perpetrators get caught & whatever was taken gets returned to you.
    09-11-13 04:28 PM
    Thanks for replying, everyone. My wife called BlackBerry, and gave the serial number. They said that they would switch off Internet access to it. So, whoever has it, it's now a brick, basically. Such a pain having to deal with this.
    My thanks to the kind people at BlackBerry for their courteous service.

And thanks to the folks on Crackberry for their kind words.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 06:15 PM
    If you didn't have a password on your Playbook, you should probably still change your email passwords. I'm not sure that Blackberry can turn off internet access. What I believe that they can do is deny your PB the ability to update or reload the OS. It still may be functional if it wasn't password protected.
    Cynycl likes this.
    09-11-13 06:36 PM