BlackBerry should do this for a commercial again. Here's how it'll play out:

Tools not Toys Campaign Again-1378874813710.jpg

"BlackBerry..... Keep Moving"

This would be hilarious but of course BlackBerry wouldn't do it.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10 \m/. On the side note I may buy an iPhone 5S. Doesn't hurt to try new things.
    09-11-13 01:10 PM
    They won't do it because it doesn't make any sense.
    09-11-13 01:12 PM
    BlackBerry should do this for a commercial again. Here's how it'll play out:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1378874813710.jpg 
Views:	1398 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	200704

"BlackBerry..... Keep Moving"

This would be hilarious but of course BlackBerry wouldn't do it.

Posted via CB10
    The reason they won't do it is that it would have zero impact on the phone buying consumer.
    09-11-13 01:13 PM
    The reason they won't do it is that it would have zero impact on the phone buying consumer.
    You sure cut this is the main reason I hear when people are asked why they chose BlackBerry? Maybe I should have added something along the lines like "Nuff said". Eh... it was just a thought when I saw this picture.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 01:16 PM
    Why does it seem like anyone who either works at BB or owns one has crapy ideas in marketing?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    09-11-13 01:30 PM
    Keep moving to a new idea.
    09-11-13 01:39 PM
    Most people like toys

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    09-11-13 04:07 PM
    Yep because not only isn't it true, I would argue that the reverse is very nearly true.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    09-11-13 04:16 PM
    I'D buy one

(only if it was original bb however)
    09-11-13 04:23 PM
    people would just look at their phones and how productive they can be on them and think, wtf are blackberry talking about? this is nothing like a toy. They need some adverts showing fustrations with other platforms which people can relate to, then some funny quips about blackberry does it with ease
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    09-11-13 05:22 PM
    Or just hire this dude haha

si_chindo, eldricho and FSeverino like this.
    09-11-13 06:36 PM
    Well, somewhat inspired by this thread, I carried out an experiment recently. I prepared a 90 minute lecture with 80+ slides including some limited animation and a link out to an outside web site for a video. I prepared the lecture in Keynote on my desktop which automatically saved it to iCloud. I opened Keynote on my iPhone 5 and it downloaded to that. I went to the lecture, plugged in the phone to the projector and the loudspeaker in the auditorium (for the movie only) and gave the whole presentation from my iPhone. Tools not toys indeed.
    09-24-13 06:28 PM
    Come back when Skydrive and Lync are available - native - on BB10 with our without BES10.
    Until then, forget about the whole "tools" game.
    joelhh241 likes this.
    09-24-13 06:56 PM
    Or just hire this dude haha
    PLEASE Don't!
    donnation and Donvald like this.
    09-24-13 06:59 PM
    Well, somewhat inspired by this thread, I carried out an experiment recently. I prepared a 90 minute lecture with 80+ slides including some limited animation and a link out to an outside web site for a video. I prepared the lecture in Keynote on my desktop which automatically saved it to iCloud. I opened Keynote on my iPhone 5 and it downloaded to that. I went to the lecture, plugged in the phone to the projector and the loudspeaker in the auditorium (for the movie only) and gave the whole presentation from my iPhone. Tools not toys indeed.
    BlackBerry fell so far behind as a tool that they allowed the number one toy to also take the tool market.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 07:08 PM
    BlackBerry fell so far behind as a tool that they allowed the number one toy to also take the tool market.

Posted via CB10

I think that is a good analysis actually. The first iPhone wouldn't even do Exchange mail. I passed on that. I had two Curves back then as I recall, one for the US and one international. By the time the 3G came out (I think that was the model) they could do Exchange and really started ramping up for the enterprise market.
    aniym and phylez like this.
    09-24-13 07:12 PM
    Don't blame me. I am in marketing class so I can learn to have good ideas (I think that's also how blackberry thinks it will come across good ideas)

But yes, there is very little they could do. Maybe hit the pavement hard, throw a huge marketing campaign, really spend big bucks on it.

Aggressively push the phone. Get Blackberry reps in stores, get their own booths.

They should also be selling their phones online on their site unlocked, I think that's very Important personally.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier
    09-24-13 07:48 PM
    'Tools not Toys' just perpetuates arrogance. Whats wrong with a mobile device providing entertainment? Its not Lego we are talking about, but referring to toys as watching videos, playing games, enjoying a plethora of varied apps encased in a colourful and modern shell.

These 'Toys' are in fact tools. A tool is something that assists in completing a task whatever that may be. The more things that tool can be utlised for, the more effective the tool. People here seem to think that limitations of a tool make it more effective for some reason.
    09-25-13 11:21 AM
    people would just look at their phones and how productive they can be on them and think, wtf are blackberry talking about? this is nothing like a toy. They need some adverts showing fustrations with other platforms which people can relate to, then some funny quips about blackberry does it with ease
    So basically because I have an iPhone, I can't be productive?

Awesome. Got it.
    09-25-13 03:39 PM
    So basically because I have an iPhone, I can't be productive?

Awesome. Got it.
    Indeed, I assure you that you are in very, very good company. All of us will just have to do our bests to muddle along.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-25-13 08:36 PM
    lol the fact the phrase `these are tools not toys` is from a childrens book is just too ironic hahaha.

Lion, the witch and the wardrobe if you were wondering lol.
    09-26-13 06:28 AM
    I'd defy anyone who believes that iOS products are toys to read these articles and look at the picture and then try to justify just where exactly the toy part is. The second article in particular outlines the software and what it provides to the surgeon during surgery. Tools not toys? Try "delusion vs reality".

Dr. iPad: Apple tablet used in liver surgery

Augmented Reality iPad App Guides Surgeons During Tumor Removal

Tools not Toys Campaign Again-d0bbfddd-786c-4170-91ad-28e6810a8d30_rtx12ree.jpg
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    09-26-13 09:50 AM
    I see business people every day using their "toys" to do WORK in Real Estate, Construction, Design Work, Legal Fields, Medical, Manufaturing....

Whereas their BlackBerry are sitting in a draw because it couldn't and still can't do many of the things a true modern smartphone can do today.

Like it or not Applications have been and always will be tools, yes there are plenty of farting apps and games on iOS and Android. But there are also MANY very powerful application that go way beyond just being a communications device.

And the big problem isn't that BlackBerry can't do these things today.... it that designers, engineer and other tech companies are working on future application, accessories and interfaces that will expand what iOS and Android devices can do in the future. Too be honest, it really seems as if Apple has the upper hand when looking at many different industry applications. Android has the marketshare, but I think that iOS is more uniform and easier to design with.
    09-26-13 10:04 AM
    HERESY! BLASPHEMY! Not following the script.
    09-26-13 10:06 AM
    Good idea. Here's the first ad: "Available immediately." The ad starts by showing Android and iOS devices that are sold out and/or in short supply and frustrated customers a la infomercial. Then it shows a warehouse full of unsold Z10s. Boom. A voiceover then says the following, over the image of the warehouse: "Write down? No no, write THIS down: with BBRY, there are no stock outs, sell outs, lines or waiting for your device. In fact, you can take two, right now. Please. Honestly, you'd be doing us a favor."

That ad would sell a million units tomorrow. You're welcome, BBRY.
    09-26-13 10:10 AM
45 12