Ok short and simple, playbook wont respond to charging, but it will connect to the computer and the software will attempt to repair... However, playbook is still unresponsive... any advice
    09-10-13 10:22 AM
    We need more info. It won't charge how? To charge, use the PB charger. It won't charge connected by USB (actually it will, but very slowly and you'll get a notification that it isn't charging).
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-10-13 10:26 AM
    Look for stack charging.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-10-13 10:30 AM
    What happened with the "repair/update" after it proceeded? Or did it stall in the process? Or?
    09-10-13 05:51 PM
    Tried stack charging, but probably wont work without USB charger.. no clue where to get the playbook usb charger from.. I have the stand.. when connected to computer i get the red led followed by 3 flashing yellow lights
    09-10-13 11:11 PM
    Try leaving it on the stand (rapid charger???) for a full day. Make sure that it really is well-oriented on the stand since there are times you can get a false indication that charging is happening but it is not. Check the pins for corrosion and also the pb contacts.
    09-11-13 12:47 AM
    Mine don't turn on!!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:44 AM
    Tried stack charging, but probably wont work without USB charger.. no clue where to get the playbook usb charger from.. I have the stand.. when connected to computer i get the red led followed by 3 flashing yellow lights
    See the following knowledge base article which suggests that your flashing lights mean that the battery voltage is between 2.7 and 3.53 volts. Stack charging may work.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...pl#documentTop

You can try other USB chargers or connect from an external 5 volt power pack. The Blackberry charger wire requires that the data wire pair be connected together. Perhhaps you can get a charging wire from the local phone store. Amost any 5 volt 1 to 2 amp charger (Apple?) would work. When stack charging suggest putting on a switched outlet to make things easier. It can be a time consuming job if you are c,ose to dead because the battery builds up slowly.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    09-11-13 02:15 PM
    One more point when using other than BlackBerry PB microusb chargers is to be careful how you plug the charger in or you can damage the port. The microusb type b male connector is trapezoidal in shape and the shorter side of the trapezoid is plugged in facing up toward the screen. This is inverted from many devices. It is possible to jam the connector into the port in the wrong way damaging the port which is actually a micro usb type a port. Right now I amcharging this PB using an HP TouchPad charger and the TouchPad strangely enough has the same port arrangement as the PB. You can inspect the port and assure yourself that the center tab with the contact points has not been bent. Damage to the PB port could also occur when connecting to the computer.
    FF22 and adjdudley21 like this.
    09-11-13 02:46 PM