I am attempting to transfer pictures from my computer to my bb but the Media Manager "Start" button is grayed-out and not clickable. What's the deal?

Other information that might help:
    - Just upgraded OS to 4.5
    - No media card
    - Using Desktop Manager version 4.6.0.12
    10-21-08 01:01 AM
    my recommendation is to do mass storage mode

its a lot easier you just drag and drop from your computer to your berry
    10-21-08 01:03 AM
    my recommendation is to do mass storage mode

its a lot easier you just drag and drop from your computer to your berry
    OP stated he doesn't have a media card.

How many pictures are we talking here and what file sizes? If you have a lot, you should really get a media card. The device memory isn't suitable for storing a lot of photos.
    10-21-08 01:09 AM
    I am planning on using a media card very soon. I just want to try transferring one or two small jpg files to use as wallpapers.
    10-21-08 02:03 AM
    I have this problem also. I have a 1gig card and when connected to computer media manager button is greyed out.

media card is installed and working, mass storage is on.
    10-21-08 05:40 AM
    I have this problem also. I have a 1gig card and when connected to computer media manager button is greyed out.

media card is installed and working, mass storage is on.
    you are best suited to use the drop and drag through the computer, shouldn't need to use the media manager with the media card, if you want to use a picture on your media card as wall paper, it can be done from the card.
    10-22-08 07:29 PM
    I have the same issue - I have about 10 pictures on my berry that I want to transfer to my computer but I cant because the Media Manager is greyed out.

I am on the old OS 4.2.2 and I have no media card.

SO any help as to how I can get the pics off my phone and on to my computer ?
    10-23-08 09:48 PM
    Email them to your computer.
    10-23-08 11:43 PM
    you are best suited to use the drop and drag through the computer, shouldn't need to use the media manager with the media card, if you want to use a picture on your media card as wall paper, it can be done from the card.
    Hi, how do you "drag & drop"?

Do I go to My Computer and do something there?

Can you please list what to click and soforth? thanks!
    12-05-08 04:27 AM
    I would say you downloaded the wrong desktop manager to your computer, one supports media, one does not. I did the same thing, I just uninstalled the first one and downloaded the one that supports media. Hope this helps!
    12-05-08 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD