BlackBerry is retooling to accomplish more challenging and ambitious goals. This takes time, so let's be patient. All will be revealed at the shining light at the end of the tunnel. Just keep the faith, the force is with them.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 and stevepar like this.
    09-09-13 01:07 PM
    BlackBerry is retooling to accomplish more challenging and ambitious goals. This takes time, so let's be patient. All will be revealed at the shining light at the end of the tunnel. Just keep the faith, the force is with them.

Posted via CB10

The Force was instrumental in the defeat of the Rimpire. Never understood the use of the Rimpire here - they were the bad guys and got defeated in the end...
    09-09-13 01:27 PM
    The force is a metaphor for the belief of the majority of the CrackBerry community that blackberry will continue to succeed. I personally think they will survive and become more successful than most people think, including the shorters.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 and Carjackd like this.
    09-09-13 01:36 PM
    ...and then again you may have mistaken a maggot for a caterpillar
    09-09-13 01:37 PM
    I guess evolution was not taught in your school, lol. You have to go through adversity to become stronger.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-09-13 01:45 PM
    I guess evolution was not taught in your school, lol. You have to go through adversity to become stronger.
    The inherent humor of that notwithstanding it's OK that you do not understand that both maggots and caterpillars are LARVAE
    MERCDROID likes this.
    09-09-13 01:54 PM
    I know that they are the same. LOL. Nevertheless, I think blackberry is evolving as a company, as did apple and others.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 01:58 PM

Posted via CB10

I've heard of this evolution idea... that only the strong survive and the weak perish.

Don't remember the strong becoming weak and then strong again?

But I understand - You are hoping for the best for BlackBerry!
    09-09-13 02:08 PM
    The vast majority of caterpillars get eaten by predators before turning into butterflies.
    09-09-13 02:12 PM
    Welcome to the modern evolution process, which has been altered by technology.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 02:12 PM
    I know that they are the same. LOL. Nevertheless, I think blackberry is evolving as a company, as did apple and others.
    Got it, but you have to admit that was funny
    09-09-13 02:14 PM
    The vast majority of caterpillars get eaten by predators before turning into butterflies.
    Really. They have stealth capabilities. BlackBerry is cloaking themselves.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 02:15 PM
    However, is it possible that BlackBerry has more innovative projects going on that we are not aware of. Going private would allow the company to take these projects to fruition without having to respond to the shareholders. Just thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    09-09-13 02:29 PM
    However, is it possible that BlackBerry has more innovative projects going on that we are not aware of. Going private would allow the company to take these projects to fruition without having to respond to the shareholders. Just thoughts.

Posted via CB10

Anything is possible.

As long as you discount the past history of BlackBerry, sure you can believe that they are innovative and capable of keeping anything secret.

That is the problem with CrackBerry right now, there are a lot of newbies coming that are full of love for BlackBerry and are hyped about their new devices - and they just want to be huge fans on a fan site.

But there are so many older ones here that have watched as BlackBerry shoot themselves (and us) in the foot, over and over and over. Many of us gave BlackBerry one more chance and accepted all the BlackBerry said about the new platform and we bought in again. Now we can't believe that after the STORM, and the PlayBook that we let BlackBerry do this to us again.

There really needs to be two sites - one for those "experienced" with BlackBerry that have gotten old and sour. And one for the new whipper snappers that are still full of innocence and wonder.
    09-09-13 02:42 PM
    End of days. I guess the time has come to have discussions like this. Quite sad.
    09-09-13 02:46 PM
    I've heard there are big things coming for a long time already. When will they be revealed? Soon? Too late? Where are they?
    09-09-13 02:52 PM
    Anything is possible.

As long as you discount the past history of BlackBerry, sure you can believe that they are innovative and capable of keeping anything secret.

That is the problem with CrackBerry right now, there are a lot of newbies coming that are full of love for BlackBerry and are hyped about their new devices - and they just want to be huge fans on a fan site.

But there are so many older ones here that have watched as BlackBerry shoot themselves (and us) in the foot, over and over and over. Many of us gave BlackBerry one more chance and accepted all the BlackBerry said about the new platform and we bought in again. Now we can't believe that after the STORM, and the PlayBook that we let BlackBerry do this to us again.

There really needs to be two sites - one for those "experienced" with BlackBerry that have gotten old and sour. And one for the new whipper snappers that are still full of innocence and wonder.
    You are right, I am new to the CrackBerry forum. However, I am not new to the blackberry /rim phones, as I have been using a BlackBerry phone since the mid 2000. I still believe in the company. It has a lot of smart software engineers working there. Part of the purge of the old members of the company happened in 2011. I believe so strongly in the company that I am buying more and more shares. Watsa can't be that wrong about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 02:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Evolution is not always kind to all.... just ask the dinosaurs....
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    09-09-13 02:56 PM
    Got it, but you have to admit that was funny
    It was

Posted via CB10
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-09-13 02:57 PM
    Evolution is not always kind to all.... just ask the dinosaurs....
    They were at the endpoint of their evolutionary capacity. BlackBerry is not, hopefully.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 03:00 PM
    Evolution, schmevolution, I'm banking on Intelligent Design

Lord I can't believe I typed that
    09-09-13 03:08 PM
    I think blackberry is also thinking along that line. M2M!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 03:12 PM
    I've heard of this evolution idea... that only the strong survive and the weak perish.

Don't remember the strong becoming weak and then strong again?

But I understand - You are hoping for the best for BlackBerry!
    Actually that is exactly what evolution states. Under current condition the organisms with the best suited traits to fit the environment will survive. However, we forget the environment changes, as well as, the organism. So what was once strong can become weak, and what was once weak can become strong, depending on the existing conditions. The change is slow, so who knows what will happen.
    09-09-13 03:19 PM
    I have no doubt that there are people in the world who despite the most glaring and obvious evidence, continue to believe that the world is flat; that Republicans have "compassion and conservative ethics" toward the poor; that there really is a Santa Claus...etc. Blackberry is not evolving, but rather devolving and ultimately dissolving as a corporation. All the signs are there to the persons who have to weigh the evidence. With lackluster products, no vision of how to become relevant in an evolving mobile computing platform world, (while still embracing corporate security, and voice/texting models), it is no wonder BB is dying. The light at the end of the tunnel in this case Is the entry into the next world of obsolescence and the dead. There is no business force or plan coming from the CEO, who is probably more clueless than Lazaridis was on what could make or break the BB brand. Nothing wrong with hope, but there must be a reason to hope. I am on to Windows 8, others have adopted IO and Android because there was no competing alternative from Canada.
    09-09-13 03:27 PM
    I have no doubt that there are people in the world who despite the most glaring and obvious evidence, continue to believe that the world is flat; that Republicans have "compassion and conservative ethics" toward the poor; that there really is a Santa Claus...etc. Blackberry is not evolving, but rather devolving and ultimately dissolving as a corporation. All the signs are there to the persons who have to weigh the evidence. With lackluster products, no vision of how to become relevant in an evolving mobile computing platform world, (while still embracing corporate security, and voice/texting models), it is no wonder BB is dying. The light at the end of the tunnel in this case Is the entry into the next world of obsolescence and the dead. There is no business force or plan coming from the CEO, who is probably more clueless than Lazaridis was on what could make or break the BB brand. Nothing wrong with hope, but there must be a reason to hope. I am on to Windows 8, others have adopted IO and Android because there was no competing alternative from Canada.
    I respect your options and you are entitled to share them. However, I beg to differ by saying that they have taken a huge risk by developing a new os that is refreshing. The os is young, but the potential is there as it matures. It is like a bottle of red chateau margaux that needs to be aged to reach that age that one would die to taste.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 03:38 PM
60 123