When I add a BBM contact and proceed to chat it prompts me with this little Window that says "about your new BBM contact:" if I delete it, a pop up "referenced contact deleted" I've also seen "about your photo". When I message that contact it says it shows the "about your BBM contact:" in the message with a little bookmark ribbon symbol thingy.

What is this??

Posted via q10.2 pin:2B052FFE
    09-07-13 01:48 AM
    When I add a BBM contact and proceed to chat it prompts me with this little Window that says "about your new BBM contact:" if I delete it, a pop up "referenced contact deleted" I've also seen "about your photo". When I message that contact it says it shows the "about your BBM contact:" in the message with a little bookmark ribbon symbol thingy.

What is this??

WOW really?!?!? I haven't seen this!!! Can you send a screen shot? Remove any personal info, please!
    09-07-13 05:25 AM
    I'm pretty sure this is what happens when you start a chat from the 'updates' screen.
    For example, if I see an update from contact X that has changed their picture, and I click on it, it takes me to a new chat screen. It then also shows the note "about your picture"
    You can just ignore that little popup and type as you always do in the text field.

Edit to add an example screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails BBM question...Google no help.-img_00000106.png  
    09-07-13 05:29 AM
    I'm pretty sure this is what happens when you start a chat from the 'updates' screen.
    For example, if I see an update from contact X that has changed their picture, and I click on it, it takes me to a new chat screen. It then also shows the note "about your picture"
    You can just ignore that little popup and type as you always do in the text field.

Edit to add an example screenshot.
    That's how I initiated the chat but it happens if I open it from bbm.
    BBM question...Google no help.-img_00000187.png

09-07-13 12:17 PM
    This only happens when you respond via the updates page. I actually like it because I no longer have to explain that I'm commenting on their status update or picture update.

Posted via CB10
    schmeat likes this.
    09-07-13 12:40 PM
    Does that lil pop up show up on their BBM when you send the message with it?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 02:38 PM
    Does that lil pop up show up on their BBM when you send the message with it?

Posted via CB10
    In their BBM message from you, they will see what you were commenting on.
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-07-13 03:25 PM
    This only happens when you respond via the updates page. I actually like it because I no longer have to explain that I'm commenting on their status update or picture update.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. I think I understand it now. When you tap on that certain update you can comment on it. Thanks guys!

cjcampbell likes this.
    09-07-13 03:30 PM
    In their BBM message from you, they will see what you were commenting on.
    Do they have to the same BBM version that I do which I got from the BBM channels beta app? It doesn't seem to show up on someone who has one of the 10.1 official OS

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 05:22 PM
    Do they have to the same BBM version that I do which I got from the BBM channels beta app? It doesn't seem to show up on someone who has one of the 10.1 official OS

Posted via CB10
    Yeah they do. Otherwise they don't see anything but your message.

Posted via CB10
    _SyCo_ likes this.
    09-07-13 06:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, they would need to have the latest BBM beta.

Posted via CB10
    _SyCo_ likes this.
    09-07-13 06:37 PM
    Thanks.

Quick question. When you change your dp and it shows up on the update it looks fine but when you look at the picture by directly clicking it on your profile then it looks blurry.

When looking at that picture from another phone, is it blurry or fine?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 06:57 PM
    Mine's not blurry either time...maybe restart phone and check again
    Thanks.

Quick question. When you change your dp and it shows up on the update it looks fine but when you look at the picture by directly clicking it on your profile then it looks blurry.

When looking at that picture from another phone, is it blurry or fine?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 03:05 AM
    I think it's a bug with the latest BBM Channels beta update.

In the updates menu, if you tab on someone who changed their dp, this will appear :

BBM question...Google no help.-img_00000153.png

If you tab on someone who changed their status, this will appear:

BBM question...Google no help.-img_00000152.png

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:22 PM
    I think it's a bug with the latest BBM Channels beta update.

In the updates menu, if you tab on someone who changed their dp, this will appear :

[image delete]

If you tab on someone who changed their status, this will appear:

[image delete]

Posted via CB10
    It's not a bug, it's just adding a subject to your message. It's a really nice feature , actually.
    09-12-13 09:14 AM