Is anyone else having issues with their hotmail account today?

My phone has been a little strange the past few days with excessive battery drain (as compared to the last few months since I upgraded to 10.1.0.2039). Today, when I woke up, I noticed that the last emails I received from my hotmail account were from 5:56 EST and when I clicked on them, I got a message saying "Error: This file could not be found. Check the URL and try again. If the URL is correct, check that your media card is properly inserted in your device". I have tried several reboots during the day and nothing seems to help I have received a few gmail messages in the meantime and those have come through fine. My memory card is accessible via the file manager so I don't think it's a memory card issue (although as I type this, I see that the message really says "media card" - I don't even know what that is - my phone says I'm connected to the network).

I haven't tried to delete the account and reinstall it. The reason is, and I suspect this could be the source of the issue, my hotmail account is set to 'forever' sync and contains roughly 13K+ messages. However, this has been the case since mid-July (or whenever I upgraded to 10.1, I honestly don't remember but it's been months) and I've never had any problems. The only recent changes I've made to my phone before this issue were 1) I batch updated a bunch of apps through app world last week (although I don't think I've used any of them) 2) I added an Evernote account (which I believe could be the source of the above mentioned battery drain) and 3) sideloaded Words with Friends and have been playing a few games. This afternoon, I tried to change the sync from 'forever' to '30 days' (why o why is there not a 2year option?!?) and that seemed to go through however there was no change to the number of messages listed in my inbox. Now, I've tried to change the sync back to 'forever' (or even just update my password) and I keep getting an error message.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I need to keep more than 30 days of messages in this account but I realize that 13K is "a bit" excessive - just not sure what to do about it (since my options are only 30 day or all).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

[Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Wasn't sure if it should be in the Z10 thread, OS thread, or where]
    09-06-13 02:29 PM
    I havent had any issues today. Your battery drain is caused by the new install of the OS it takes a day day and half to straightend out.

You should delete your hotmail account and re add it. You need to do this sometimes when installing leaks. Hope I helped.
    09-06-13 02:35 PM
    That is outlook problem. I couldn't get access to my hotmail from desktop and my Z10 for one hour during mid morning hours. Then outlook guys fixed it. Now it is working fine on both.

Gavi11
    09-06-13 02:42 PM
    Any thoughts would be appreciated. I need to keep more than 30 days of messages in this account but I realize that 13K is "a bit" excessive - just not sure what to do about it (since my options are only 30 day or all).

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    You say that you have to keep more than 30 days of messages in your account, but that your choices are "30 days" or "all". I would ask if you need your entire message cache stored on your Z10? I have my Hotmail set to sync just 7 days of messages, but all (even the ones I delete on my Z10) are retained until I delete them from the Hotmail site or from Outlook on my PC. Go to Hotmail on your PC to set Hotmail (Outlook) not to let another program delete messages from Outlook.
    09-06-13 03:07 PM
    @ Going the Distance - I installed the OS months ago and it's been fine since. Thanks for the suggestion though. When I get home, I'll try to delete the account and then reinstall it.

@gavi11 - I can access my account via desktop (that's how I know it's not syncing messages). What do you mean by "outlook guys fixed it"?

@underway99 - Unfortunately I need access to more than 30 days on my phone. I need to figure something out though because I'm sure the volume of emails has something to do with my problem.

My phone has been running great but this email issue is driving me crazy today. So frustrating.
    09-06-13 03:46 PM
    I'm having the same issue on my Q10 as of late yesterday. I've deleted and reinstalled hotmail and rebooted about 5x and it still doesn't work. Occasionally it will pull up 3 or 4 emails for 10 mins and then everything will disappear again. Frustrating as hell!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 04:16 PM
    Oh, and ive only got about 400 emails in my inbox so I don't think quantity is your issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 04:19 PM
    Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!! It's been driving me crazy.

I'm surprised to hear a reinstall didn't work. I'll have to look into this more when I get home later. I'll post back here if anything changes. Please do the same.
    09-06-13 04:34 PM
    I just reinstalled again and then changed the sync period to 30 days and it's working, but if I change it to Forever it messes up again. I guess i'll live with this for now until the issue gets sorted out, maybe in the 10.2 OS update.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 08:35 PM
    No, I think something is going on. I deleted a bunch of email on my Hotmail account earlier today, but they are still on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:24 PM
    I'm on a Q10, and it is saying 'Hotmail is not responding'...

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 08:34 AM
    Just a quick update on my email situation...

So I tried to delete my hotmail account from the phone and, despite the account not showing in the setup screen and rebooting the hub, the account remained showing in my Hub. I then went and re-setup the account at which point a second hotmail account icon was shown in my Hub. The new icon updated with all of my missing messages and I made sure to only set it to 30 sync. My phone has since been working fine. Battery drain issue is gone and I've been receiving messages as expected. However, I still have the two icons and none of the emails in the old icon are accessible...

At this point I think it's pretty clear that I hit some message limit. I'm planning to do a full security wipe and reinstall everything fresh. I might even upgrade to 10.2 if I'm feeling saucy. Unfortunately I won't have a chance to do any of this for at least 2 weeks so I'm hoping my phone keeps running smoothly until then.

Thanks to those that chimed in with some possible fixes. Much appreciated even if the source appears to be just a phone glitch related to my bloated inbox. Maybe this will finally encourage me to clean out that damn email because there are some important messages mixed in with all the junk.
    09-10-13 03:50 PM