Hi everyone,

When I put my cursor on the icon for one of my email accounts, it says 1 message (at the bottom). I also have an envelope icon (without the red star) displayed constantly at the top of my screen. However, when I actually click on that icon, it says "no messages." I can't figure out where this envelope/message indicator is coming from, because I have no messages on this account either on my blackberry or when I access my account online. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can remove that indicator? Thank you!
    10-20-08 05:55 PM
    Hello,

I had the same problem the other day on my BB 8310 curve. The e-mail indicator showed that I had an e-mail message but when I checked there was no e-mail. Seems when I did a battery pull and re-booted it went away.
    10-20-08 06:12 PM
    Yep, happened to me for the very first time earlier today. Just did a battery pull and it disappeared!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 06:21 PM
    Same thing here, but I managed to figure out that the message indicator realy related to updates to RSS in Viigo, if you have it, you know what it is and should consider checking to see if you have any updates going on, if not well, it might be a glitch in the OS. Uninstalling and intalling back the OS, there are a couple of threat that relate how to properly do the uninstalling/installing.
    10-20-08 06:46 PM
    Happens to me all the time, just ALT+SHIFT+DEL away!
    10-20-08 08:59 PM
    Sometimes when this happens to me, it means I saved a message without opening it, then deleted it out of my main message viewing folder. Does that make sense? Then I have to go into my saved messages folder and "open" or "mark as read" the message and then the indicator light goes away. So if pulling the battery doesn't work, this might be the issue.
    12-12-08 12:18 PM
    I have noticed that a few times this this is from a missed call as that will also show as an unread message.
    12-12-08 12:25 PM
    A reboot worked for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD