I've been researching apps for PlayBook for a little over 2 weeks now. I've Googled everything I can think of, I've communicated with some of you Forum folks including Kozmonaut from GoodEReader and gotten into sideloading. But it looks like these 4 apps are just not going to happen for OS 2.1.0.1526. Koz hasn't been able to fix Skype since we updated to 2.1.0.1526. No one can actually purchase My Vine from App World, I cannot contact the developer and Koz says converting the existing Android apk file into a bar file that can be loaded onto the PlayBook and run just doesn't work. Similarly, Instagram doesn't work. And lastly, there is no working version of the regular Foursquare, only Foursquare for Business which doesn't have all of the features that the regular version has.
    Can anyone tell me where I've gone wrong? What I mean is, are any or all of these apps available for PlayBook if I just went to website A? Or maybe there are apk files for 2 of them at website B, but I'll have to convert them to bar files? Is there any chance someone can put me onto at least the Vine app? This is my last shot. If I can't get these 4 apps, I'll be off to buy an Android Tablet. Probably a Nexus 7 2013. My housemate lets me use his sometimes and I think it's very good. Thanks in advance for your help with this my last ditch effort.
    09-05-13 10:25 PM
    I've been researching apps for PlayBook for a little over 2 weeks now. I've Googled everything I can think of, I've communicated with some of you Forum folks including Kozmonaut from GoodEReader and gotten into sideloading. But it looks like these 4 apps are just not going to happen for OS 2.1.0.1526. Koz hasn't been able to fix Skype since we updated to 2.1.0.1526. No one can actually purchase My Vine from App World, I cannot contact the developer and Koz says converting the existing Android apk file into a bar file that can be loaded onto the PlayBook and run just doesn't work. Similarly, Instagram doesn't work. And lastly, there is no working version of the regular Foursquare, only Foursquare for Business which doesn't have all of the features that the regular version has.
    Can anyone tell me where I've gone wrong? What I mean is, are any or all of these apps available for PlayBook if I just went to website A? Or maybe there are apk files for 2 of them at website B, but I'll have to convert them to bar files? Is there any chance someone can put me onto at least the Vine app? This is my last shot. If I can't get these 4 apps, I'll be off to buy an Android Tablet. Probably a Nexus 7 2013. My housemate lets me use his sometimes and I think it's very good. Thanks in advance for your help with this my last ditch effort.
    As much as I hate to say it, your really better off getting a cheap droid tablet. It's what I did. I bought a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    pttptppt likes this.
    09-05-13 10:29 PM
    Stay away from headaches and buy an Android tablet or even an iPad mini.
    09-05-13 11:09 PM
    Yeah, they just don't work. Sorry buddy
    09-05-13 11:41 PM
    I find it impossible to believe that you will ever see any of these in this OS. It is, effectively, dead.
    09-06-13 06:03 PM
    While it is incredibly unlikely that there will be any change and that we will see these apps come to the Playbook directly, let's not forget that we did see a leaked OS higher than the current release for PBOS 2.1. It may be that they are still giving little pushes to the Playbook OS in order to bring JellyBean support, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that currently.
    09-06-13 06:11 PM
    i bought the new nexus 7 never been happier to kill app gap while my bb10 serves me best for my business use and personal use for messaging
    09-06-13 06:14 PM
    Stay away from headaches and buy an Android tablet or even an iPad mini.
    Are you kidding or what ?

Moving to those two flawed platforms is like asking for a migraine.
    09-07-13 02:44 AM

Are you kidding now?
    09-07-13 04:42 AM

Dude, you MUST be joking right? It was the best thing I did and not once have I looked back. Please don't give misleading advice.
    09-07-13 08:41 AM

Functionality>Security

Dealwitit
    09-07-13 01:06 PM