I've been quietly watching the latest news of BlackBerrys impending sale. If these reports are true then I am truly saddened. It's still very hard for me to think of a mobile world without BlackBerry and the new QNX OS. I am still convinced without a doubt that it is the best mobile OS that is currently available.

As disappointed as I am I can't imagine how shocked Kevin is. The reformatted and newly design CrackBerry isn't something a person with any doubts would have ventured into. I can only say that it looks amazing and I hope that it has a future.

While hope still reins supreme the uncertainty of the future of BlackBerry is depressing. Not knowing if there will be any future devices to enjoy just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. What irks me even further is the over zealous and joyful responses made by individuals who are so happy about the thought of BlackBerrys demise. There is no benefit to anyone by losing a mobile platform no matter which platform you are currently using.

I'm still hoping that BlackBerry can make an Apple like recovery from their pre iPod days. I believe BlackBerry has the resources and the ability to make it the mobile world. I just hope they have the fortitude to stay their course and push though this difficult time without bailing out and selling themselves short.
    09-05-13 01:42 PM
    The reformatted and newly design CrackBerry isn't something a person with any doubts would have ventured into. I can only say that it looks amazing and I hope that it has a future.
    Mobile Nations likely paid for that? (Was Crackberry even the only one that got a makeover?)
    09-05-13 01:46 PM
    This is such a sad time.
    yet my Z10 is still the most awesomest phone ever
    09-05-13 01:54 PM
    What irks me even further is the over zealous and joyful responses made by individuals who are so happy about the thought of BlackBerrys demise. There is no benefit to anyone by losing a mobile platform no matter which platform you are currently using.
    Agree. Competition breeds innovation. If one isn't even using a particular platform, what care should they have if they go away??
    09-05-13 01:56 PM
    As disappointed as I am I can't imagine how shocked Kevin is. The reformatted and newly design CrackBerry isn't something a person with any doubts would have ventured into. I can only say that it looks amazing and I hope that it has a future.
    I think six - seven months ago Kevin was really pumped about the prospect of BlackBerry being able to provide a more modern platform with devices that would appeal to consumers.

Personally I thought they had a shot, there were a few big apps at launch with promises of much more to come. While the hardware wasn't top of the line on the Z10, it was closer to the leaders than BlackBerry had been in a LONG time. BB10 performed great as a communications device, the HUB was an extremely convenient way to see it all you messages, and to allow for notifications for those accounts. The new predictive text keyboard on the Z10 was a wonderful new experience for most of us.

But after his meeting with Thor following the GM, Kevin was pretty quiet...

Can they turn things around... not sure they are even trying at this point. Very hard for people at BBRY to do their jobs with so may rumors and speculation going on, and the official word that is coming out is not very encouraging. So do you spend you time working on marketing or software integration, or do you dust off you resume and post it were ever you can. Do you focus on contacting carrier about coming changes and updates, or do you see where you can make cuts in your personal budget. There is a reason that growing, thriving business don't let word of any major deals like a buyout get out before they are ready to announce them.
    09-05-13 02:59 PM
    It is a sad time, but it is our reality as BlackBerry users. At thus point all we can hope for is something happening sooner than later. The day to day uncertainty is not good for anyone including users and the company. A lot of people due for upgrades are either not buying until there is some certainty or moving on to a competitor's platform. Once moved on, they will not be back for at least two years if ever. Companies and corporations using BlackBerry as their device of choice are faced with the same dilemma. Basically, I am sure that sales are at a record low due to the announcement and uncertainty. Like Kevin says, it is just time to rip off the band-aid.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 03:23 PM
    Indeed this is a large disappointment for BlackBerry owners and Crackberry members. Maybe if all the members chip in $50 (Kevin $100) Crackberry can purchase BlackBerry and keep hope alive.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-05-13 03:26 PM
    IF these reports are true.

Posted via CB10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-05-13 03:28 PM
    Indeed this is a large disappointment for BlackBerry owners and Crackberry members. Maybe if all the members chip in $50 (Kevin $100) Crackberry can purchase BlackBerry and keep hope alive.
    Let's do it! I'm in!

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-05-13 03:30 PM
    Remember that if Crackberry were to buy Blackberry, it wouldn't be a one-time investment. Workers salaried would need to be paid, and money would need to be poured into R&D.

Though I don't have the love for Blackberry that many others on here do, it saddens me that Blackberry, or more accurately Blackberry's management, let so many people down.
    09-05-13 03:39 PM
    Losing my last BBM contact to the iPhone, sad times indeed

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 03:56 PM
    Does this mean I should not purchase the Z30 upon release??

I'm at a Crossroads here.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 04:46 PM
    Long live BB!!!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-05-13 04:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do it. The naysayers might just be wrong. There's a reason why TH isn't saying anything and it might be a different one than they think.

Either way, do you think a pumped Z10 will be any less of a phone than an SG4? Even if 10.2 is the last update (and I doubt believe it is, could be wrong! ) in the current market it's still going to be one of the best phablets out there, if not the best, for the lifetime of your normal contract anyway.

If BlackBerry isn't around by then? Get something else! In the meantime you'd have missed out on BB10 which is how a smartphone should be, right now!

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    09-05-13 04:59 PM
    Today, my colleagues and I had a discussion about which platforms has the crapiest UI. Android or WP?

WP has those eye soar color boxes but Android has the mess, and the nasty widgets all over the place.

Then we discussed security and how WP is likely better than Android.

And then we discussed email and usability and multitasking.

And then we concluded that BlackBerry wins in every category. And then we had that sad feeling...

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 05:06 PM
    Today, my colleagues and I had a discussion about which platforms has the crapiest UI. Android or WP?

WP has those eye soar color boxes but Android has the mess, and the nasty widgets all over the place.

And then we concluded that BlackBerry wins in every category. And then we had that sad feeling...

Posted via CB10

Ok you BlackBerry employees ... back to work. You have to fix the 9720 earphone failures.
    JasW, JeepBB, richardat and 1 others like this.
    09-05-13 05:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's true

So very true!

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    09-05-13 05:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure the Z30 will work for a long time regardless of what happens to Blackberry. If you like BB10, by all means don't hesitate to buy a Z30 once it is released.
    09-05-13 05:41 PM
    Agree. Competition breeds innovation.
    Normally I'd agree with you. However, if BBRY had actually been able to innovate something after all these years of competition pushing them, then they wouldn't be in the position they are in..

Sent from my gesture controlled Nexus 4
    09-05-13 06:03 PM
    I'm glad I had a chance to experience BLACKBERRY when they were on TOP, BIG DOGS ON THE BLOCK, NUMERO UNO....ect. I guess my hopes of them returning to the prestigious honor is failing fast and furious, but I still love my BLACKBERRY devices now and forever
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-05-13 06:05 PM
    Losing my last BBM contact to the iPhone, sad times indeed

Posted via CB10
    U will get them back ones BBM goes to android and iPhone

Golf=passion
    09-05-13 06:09 PM
    If everyone one of the 21,834,786 readers on CrackBerry/Mobile Nations (not sure what that stat is for) payed CrackBerry $50, it would add up to $1,096,739,300, that money could either be donated OR be used to be buy a large chunk of the company, or but shares to get on the board. Hehe, could work.

Posted from my Red Zed
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-05-13 06:17 PM
    What irks me even further is the over zealous and joyful responses made by individuals who are so happy about the thought of BlackBerrys demise.t.
    When you say this you lose all credibility in my mind. Frankly, I see few "zealous and joyful responses" directly relating to BB's demise. I think there are few here who feel that way, and few posts which read that way. I do think there are MANY individuals who would read anything about BB's demise as joyful....they are the same people who engaged in rabid, ad hominem attacks against anybody who even addressed the issue in the last couple years, or who expressed any criticism of BB products/decisions.

Certainly these people created a lost of CB indirect animosity towards BB. I myself had to often remind myself that these ANGRY NUTS aren't the company, and aren't representative of the majority of users (I hope). So, I would guess that if there are people who are happy about it, many are likely:
    1.happy that after all the nut-attacks against them personally, their posts are being validated by events
    2.some people who have had bad experiences with BB, whether it was PB, battery-pulls, reboots, etc - any product which underdelivered, may be happy to see the company get the fate they feel the company earned

Nevertheless, I think that still quite a minority here at CB. I think it a minority out in the general public, where BB certainly doesn't have a good reputation, but where most people don't spend a second of their day caring one way or another about BB's future.

As for my feelings on BB, frankly, I think anything "good" about the company is long gone....they have earned this failure for at least a couple of years (and arguably at it's roots for a much longer time). They have treated their customers and loyalists poorly. Nevertheless, I do feel a creeping autumn emptiness....it is a bit sad to see such an iconic company slide into the night. Still, to me, it has been nearly certain for 2+ years.....I accepted it long ago.
    09-05-13 06:17 PM
    I see some gleeful "die blackberry" sentiments on blog comments where people can remain somewhat anonymous, but not here so much.
    richardat likes this.
    09-05-13 06:29 PM
    Quite frankly I am so tired of listening to people that think BlackBerry is no good I had an I phone for two weeks and it is no where near the the phone my z10is I'm glad I came back to blackberry and they should not sell the company I am now starting to see a lot of z10around. Keep on going going BlackBerry don't give up

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-05-13 06:55 PM
34 12