We have recently upgraded our Microsoft Exchange product from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 and now our BES 10 is no longer synchronising the users Z10's with their mailboxes.

Both the Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 are running on single servers in a co-exist environment.(2003 server & 2008 R2)

The BES10 server has been configured to use the new Exchange 2010 server. But still it wont synchronise. Everything else appears to be working fine on the new Exchange 2010 server. Cannot see what am missing.

I have noted that the Exchange 2010 has only a self signed certificate and not a 3rd party SANS certificate. Would this have any bearing on the issue? Can anybody help or point in right direction?
    Thanks
    09-05-13 06:12 AM
    There are a lot of different possible issues with this so it might be better to open a case with BlackBerry support.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:02 AM
    09-05-13 08:07 AM
    Bad advise - the KB is for BES 5 which uses MAPI/CDO(/EWS) for synchronization on behalf of the handhelds.
    BES 10 clients uses pure ActiveSync.

OP: If possible wipe a BB10 device and connect it to your LAN using WiFi. Manually configure an Exchange ActiveSync account and test. If it works your environment is OK.

You don't need a SAN certificate in all cases - split DNS will do fine (use same FQDN internally and externally).
    09-05-13 03:50 PM
    More like bad reading comprehension on your part. The KB covers exchange version from 5.5 to 2013.
    09-05-13 04:18 PM
    More like bad reading comprehension on your part. The KB covers exchange version from 5.5 to 2013.
    More like bad reading comprehension on your part NinjaRAT. Note to yourself READ the Environment before replying.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Microsoft Exchange
    BlackBerry Professional Software

Is BES 10 covered under this? NO.

Not to mention the permissions they ask you to check don't apply to BES10. If you were a BES10 Admin you would know that.
    09-06-13 05:34 PM
    We have recently upgraded our Microsoft Exchange product from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 and now our BES 10 is no longer synchronising the users Z10's with their mailboxes.

Both the Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 are running on single servers in a co-exist environment.(2003 server & 2008 R2)

The BES10 server has been configured to use the new Exchange 2010 server. But still it wont synchronise. Everything else appears to be working fine on the new Exchange 2010 server. Cannot see what am missing.

I have noted that the Exchange 2010 has only a self signed certificate and not a 3rd party SANS certificate. Would this have any bearing on the issue? Can anybody help or point in right direction?
    Thanks
    The SSL cert doesn't matter since BES 10.1 and 10.1.x use the local cert and not the external SSL cert on your server. Remember BES talks to Exchange locally on your network sending the traffic back through BBRY NOC to the device, and vice versa, it doesn't ever come into your Exchange server from the outside unless you are doing a direct ActiveSync connection.

You should actually test your ActiveSync to confirm it's working, there is a good 3rd party tool on the web that allows you to test your activesync internally and externally on your network, this way you can make sure it's working 100%.

And I am guessing you have confirmed the mail profile is setup correctly?

You may have to contact TSS to see if there is anything that could stop BES10 from talking to the Exchange 2010 server you migrated to; if there is some server setting you need to make in BES10. You could for argument sake as a test and if you have completely removed your old Exchange 2003 from the environment add its name into your local DNS and point it to the new Exchange; this would confirm if BES10 is trying communicate with the old server still; again this would only happen if there is some component inside BES10 that thinks the old Exchange server is still around.

Let us know.
    09-06-13 05:43 PM
    Any update on this? I am having terrible trouble w/ BES10 and Exchange 2010. I have a Q10, straight activesync works fine, if I activate it on BES10, much slower, and larger attachments (typically over 30kb) won't download.. blue progress bar attempts to start, then stops.
    Very frustrating, seeing as how straight activesync works fine. I even installed a 2nd BES10 server, and same thing happened.
    12-20-13 11:13 AM
    Any update on this? I am having terrible trouble w/ BES10 and Exchange 2010. I have a Q10, straight activesync works fine, if I activate it on BES10, much slower, and larger attachments (typically over 30kb) won't download.. blue progress bar attempts to start, then stops.
    Very frustrating, seeing as how straight activesync works fine. I even installed a 2nd BES10 server, and same thing happened.
    Do you have SMIME enabled in your mail profile or on Exchange? That adds a ton of overhead and can cause issues.
    12-20-13 01:12 PM
    On your Exchange, what is your setting for IIS, Basic Auth, Cert Auth, etc...?
    12-20-13 01:19 PM