Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce the availability of a new native PlayBook app, Beyond Voice Recorder.

Summary:
    Beyond Voice Recorder is a native BlackBerry� PlayBook� app designed to provide high fidelity recording and ability to set and playback selections in the recording.

Selections
    Provides ability to set unlimited selections within the recording to highlight sections that are especially important. This is perfect for students recording lectures and going back to key concepts for review. This is also great for musicians practicing a new song and replaying parts of the songs that they want to improve. It is also ideal for parents bed-time reading stories to their children and repeating portions that the kids find especially entertaining!

The selections are persisted so that it will remain upon app restart.

High fidelity recording:
    Recording is captured with 100% lossless format. This ensures high quality sound during playback.

Playback
    Ability to playback the whole recording or just the sections delimited by the selections.

Repeat mode
    Allows you to repeat playback of individual or groups of selections or the entire recording

Waveform display
    Full precision waveform analysis of the entire recording. This is useful in determining the pattern and silences and hence the sections to be selected for playback or export.

Export to mp3
    Export the entire recording or only a selection.

It's on sale for at 0.99 US. We hope you will try it.

Bumblebee Computing
    Attached Thumbnails New app: Beyond Voice Recorder-ss1_bvr.jpg   New app: Beyond Voice Recorder-ss2_bvr.jpg   New app: Beyond Voice Recorder-ss3_bvr.jpg   New app: Beyond Voice Recorder-ss4_bvr.jpg   New app: Beyond Voice Recorder-ss5_bvr.jpg  

New app: Beyond Voice Recorder-ss6_bvr.jpg   New app: Beyond Voice Recorder-ss7_bvr.jpg  
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    09-04-13 10:44 PM
    thank you for supporting the playbook!!

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    Bumble2000 and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    09-04-13 10:51 PM
    Wow looks awesome!! I am definitely tempted. Does it keep recording with the playbook on standby?
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    09-04-13 10:52 PM
    Very nice, Bumble.

While I've not necessarily needed it, some folks have asked for the ability to speedup (and maybe slow down) a recording on playback. So that if listening to say a lecture, they can move through the material faster. I don't know how hard it would be to implement something like that.

Also, thanks for your continued support for the pb.
    chaosdivine, Blackman91 and nappp like this.
    09-04-13 11:14 PM
    Very nice, Bumble.

While I've not necessarily needed it, some folks have asked for the ability to speedup (and maybe slow down) a recording on playback. So that if listening to say a lecture, they can move through the material faster. I don't know how hard it would be to implement something like that.

Seconded, that would be a really useful feature.
    09-05-13 12:12 AM
    Very nice, Bumble.

btw found an app that does something like that but I dont think it can save your recordings:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/93338/
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    09-05-13 08:36 AM
    Awesome! I want this. For playing guitar, this is especially important to me. If you could develop a slowdown or speed up feature that doesn't distort the playback then this would be even more useful. There are apps like Amazing Slowdowner ( !Slow down and transcribe with Roni Music software - slow down the speed of music without changing the pitch ) that allow this type of features but do not work on the PlayBook (I've asked and had them port over a demo Android APK that would sideload fine but not play back on the PlayBook).

I am happy to support a PlayBook Developer. Especially when one releases a useful and quality app like yours. Thank you!
    dgmckenzie and Bumble2000 like this.
    09-05-13 08:58 AM
    Can't buy it at the moment (24 hrs) as it is being updated :-(
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    09-05-13 10:49 AM
    I cant buy it too, oh well Ill have just to wait.

Btw Bumble have you consider creating apps that dont exist for the playbook in any form like:

An app to edit video or just a simple tool to cut parts of a video.
    An OCR app to convert image to text.
    A Handwriting to text app.
    A speech to text app with support for various languages like english and spanish.
    An app to play flash games offline like you can do with the playbook browser but with onscreen controls to play games that require a keyboard.
    An app to extract text from a pdf.

To my knowledge this apps dont exist for the playbook in any form, not even sideloaded apps, so I am sure people would buy them right away, I know I would.
    Bumble2000 and osbook like this.
    09-05-13 05:11 PM
    @dgmckenzie, blackman91: The error message is very strange. Hopefully it will clear itself up shortly, but it looks like others have a similar problem . We have reached out to BlackBerry support for help.

@blackman91: The app is designed to keep recording even when the device is beyond the time limit set by the "standby time-out". Upon completion of recording, the power setting is resumed to preserve battery life.

In terms of your app suggestions, we'll definitely keep those in mind for future ideas. Thanks!

@F2: Thanks for the great suggestion in speeding up / slowing down of playback, we will definitely look into the possibility of adding this feature.

Thanks everyone for supporting our new app!

Bumblebee Computing.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-13 09:03 PM
    Thanks for your response bumble. I am still getting the same error after more than 24 hours, Has anyone been able to buy the app?
    09-06-13 12:50 PM
    Nope doesnt work for me too... Same error
    09-06-13 02:09 PM
    Still giving the same error on Saturday 16:00 in the UK.
    09-07-13 10:19 AM
    Still giving the same error on Saturday 16:00 in the UK.
    Hi everyone,

Many thanks for the support! We've reached out to BlackBerry and they have quickly replied saying that this is a problem with the DigitalRiver system that powers the app store (apparently it's related to caching). They have indicated that they are working on the problem and hope to have a resolution by next week.

In the meantime, we will remove the app from sale temporarily. We will post an update when this problem is resolved.

Bumblebee Computing.
    FF22 and chaosdivine like this.
    09-07-13 12:57 PM
    Maybe RIM fixed this issue with the new playbook update?
    09-10-13 05:10 PM
    I mean the update apparently fixes those issues:
    Release Notes:
    Software update v2.1.0.1753
    Sept. 10, 2013

Includes the following updates for all models of the BlackBerry PlayBook (Wi-Fi only and 4G/4G LTE�)
    Adobe� Flash� Player security updates to ensure customers remain protected from these issues
    Resolves issues where some users were unable to either purchase or upgrade apps within the BlackBerry� World� storefront
    09-10-13 07:59 PM
    Still unable to purchase
    09-11-13 01:58 PM
    Yeah still getting the same error, wtf RIM.

Has anyone been able to purchase the app?
    09-11-13 04:15 PM
    Hi everyone,

We're following up with BlackBerry support to see if there is an outlook for resolution of this problem.

Bumblebee Computing.
    09-12-13 07:13 AM
    Hi everyone,

We're following up with BlackBerry support to see if there is an outlook for resolution of this problem.

Bumblebee Computing.
    Ok, it appears the problem has been resolved! We have just been able to download from the BlackBerry World. We hope that others will also be able to also :-)

Bumblebee Computing.;
    09-12-13 11:11 PM
    Ok, it appears the problem has been resolved! We have just been able to download from the BlackBerry World. We hope that others will also be able to also :-)

Bumblebee Computing.;
    Awesome! I bought it right away, pretty awesome app I love the waveform display. So what was exactly the problem with bb world?
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    09-13-13 12:20 AM
    Awesome! I bought it right away, pretty awesome app I love the waveform display. So what was exactly the problem with bb world?
    Many thanks Blackman91! The problem appears that DigitalRiver, the company that BlackBerry uses for payment processing, had a caching issue. So all new apps would experience the same problem. Thankfully, this is now resolved.

Bumblebee Computing.
    09-13-13 07:18 PM
    Great app, left a 5 stars review, adding the ability to export to other formats would be great too.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    09-17-13 04:28 PM
    Great app, left a 5 stars review, adding the ability to export to other formats would be great too.
    Thanks very much! We've just completed the BB10 version on the smartphone. PlayBook users will have free access to the BB10 version also. There are a couple of new features we've added for the BB10 version that we'll backport back to PlayBook :-)

BumbleBee Computing
    yellowhammer and FF22 like this.
    09-21-13 01:24 PM
    Nice looking app, i need to try it.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    09-22-13 03:03 AM
42 12