I have been a loyal user of BlackBerry for over five years. I want the experience to live on. WE AS LOYAL FANS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND CREATE AN INDUSTRY SUCCESS STORY! I have an idea. Anyone with me?!!
    09-04-13 09:03 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Moved thread to Armchair CEO Forum. It was accidentally in the BBM Chat Forum.
    Lendo likes this.
    09-04-13 09:10 PM
    The reason why loyal Blackberry users won't save Blackberry is that Blackberry wasn't loyal to its users, taking way too long to release a new operating system that could compete with other, "modern" operating systems. Blackberry also was like the boy who cried wolf, making too many promises it did not keep (Exhibit A: BB10 on the Playbook).
    09-04-13 09:19 PM
    ...but that's the old-era BB. By now, anyone who's using a BB10 is using it by CHOICE, not circumstance .
    And I figure: if even six million of its sixty million contributed a little cash, we could make a statement that would certainly put the industry in a state of awe.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 09:27 PM
    The reason why loyal Blackberry users won't save Blackberry is that Blackberry wasn't loyal to its users, taking way too long to release a new operating system that could compete with other, "modern" operating systems. Blackberry also was like the boy who cried wolf, making too many promises it did not keep (Exhibit A: BB10 on the Playbook).
    So tired of this. Is anyone out there currently using a 2 year old android tablet? Did we really think we would be using the PlayBook for the rest of our lives? We know they tried to put BB10 on pb. Look at the reaction BlackBerry got from the glitches in 10.0 when the Z came out. Do you really think they could afford to have a bunch of people upset with a poor performing BB10 on pb? I think the biggest problem is that they spent so long trying to make it work vs giving up earlier and focusing on BB10. Who knows? Maybe we'd be on 10.3 right now?

Posted via CB10
    si_chindo and blink333 like this.
    09-04-13 09:36 PM
    You should change this sites name to WhineBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 10:36 PM
    So tired of this. Is anyone out there currently using a 2 year old android tablet? Did we really think we would be using the PlayBook for the rest of our lives? We know they tried to put BB10 on pb. Look at the reaction BlackBerry got from the glitches in 10.0 when the Z came out. Do you really think they could afford to have a bunch of people upset with a poor performing BB10 on pb? I think the biggest problem is that they spent so long trying to make it work vs giving up earlier and focusing on BB10. Who knows? Maybe we'd be on 10.3 right now?

Posted via CB10
    Bradu1 - you might be tired of the arguments me and various other people on crackberry.com are making. However, the reality is Blackberry has lost subscribers at a time when more and more people globally are buying smartphones. Furthermore, according to essentially all published reports, BB10 device adoption has been weak. IMO, both of these are a function of former Blackberry users throwing in the towel and saying "enough", in most cases because BB10 took too long to be released. Additionally, as I already noted, Blackberry has made various promises it either hasn't delivered on or took too long to deliver on (i.e. the frequent "over-promise and under-deliver complaint and/or observation many people have had about Blackberry). Why should users who waited and waited and waited for Blackberry to deliver have loyalty to Blackberry (if they choose to no longer have loyalty to Blackberry) when Blackberry didn't deliver for them and other companies were delivering?

Blackberry loyalists won't be able to save Blackberry because there are a lot fewer Blackberry loyalists than there used to be. That is the painful reality Blackberry faces, albeit a reality the company played a large role in creating.
    09-04-13 11:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    The argument falls apart when you realize one fact: BBRY management decided completely on its own to promise PlayBook owners (and potential purchasers) BB10. It could just as easily have waited, had the software ready, then said "surprise! BB10 for PlayBook!" But it didn't do that, opting instead to shoot itself in the foot by making a promise it ultimately couldn't keep.
    si_chindo and kbz1960 like this.
    09-05-13 12:10 AM
    I'm sure that BlackBerry is the first company that's ever promised something it couldn't deliver.

Look, I wanted bb10 on pb also. I bought two myself, and talked my immediate family in to buying 3. That's 5 pb's I'm responsible for. But c'mon guys... how many times can you repeat the same complaint. We all know that BB10 isn't selling, we all know there's a lot of legacy users not transitioning to bb10, we know that Android is top dog with Ios in second. So, if you want BlackBerry to continue making devices and continue improving what I think is the best os out there, then I'm right there with you. If you want BlackBerry to shutdown and become a memory, well, you're closer to that reality now than ever before.

I'm just so tired of hearing 'Thor promised, wah!' and 'I want my instagram, wah!' and 'BlackBerry needs better specs, wah!' Let's all complain that they rushed PB to market, then complain they waited to long to release BB10 then complain it wasn't ready yet and they shoukd have waited til 10.2. See the problem here? There's no way for them to win when we're looking at it after its already happened.

So let's just all agree, yes, BlackBerry screwed up with the pb, I'm pretty sure everyone at BlackBerry would agree. Yes, we all want as many apps as we can get in the market. Yes, better specs would probably get better sales (even though in my opinion, they simply aren't needed at this point and would just drive cost up)

So how many more months do we have to hear the same complaints, day in and day out? It's the same thing that's been said a thousand times by a thousand people. It's not a point that needs to be argued anymore. Constantly repeating sonething that is pretty much the opinion of everyone... is just boring. How about offering something new?

And sorry, I'm not trying to be antagonistic. It's simply I'm tired of hearing it, voiced it when I probably shouldn't have, then I have two people trying to convince me. Lol! Why? I agree about the PlayBook. I totally want bb10 on the pb. But it's not going to happen. And the pb is just a fraction of what got BlackBerry where we're at now.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 02:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    It would of been three years old had BlackBerry delayed bb10 even more, again, the age of the PlayBook is the companies own doing, really don't see your point.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 02:16 AM
    Because BlackBerry was and still is not loyal to its users. In the language of Steve Covey, they tarnished the goose that produced the golden egg.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 02:41 AM
    I think BlackBerry should concentrate on the software side rather than producing newer devices. We have the z10, q10 now we should start with the apps. This is the only way BlackBerry can start to compete with others like the iPhone & Android platforms.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 06:46 AM
    I have been a loyal user of BlackBerry for over five years. I want the experience to live on. WE AS LOYAL FANS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND CREATE AN INDUSTRY SUCCESS STORY! I have an idea. Anyone with me?!!
    09-05-13 07:07 AM
    the phones are too expensive in this saturated market. Change of CEO brought uncertainty. Lack of the major apps. too much restructuring and the worst ad campaign ever. I enjoy my Z10 but am getting sick of waiting for apps to arrive and work. BBRY should update with totally unlocked android 4.4. At the very least for those of us that paid $700 for the phone.
    09-05-13 07:09 AM
    Answer: BlackBerry management insist upon treating the users of their products and services as though we are in a BDSM relationship in which the dominant has no respect for the submissive.
    09-05-13 08:44 AM
    ...but that's the old-era BB. By now, anyone who's using a BB10 is using it by CHOICE, not circumstance .
    And I figure: if even six million of its sixty million contributed a little cash, we could make a statement that would certainly put the industry in a state of awe.

Posted via CB10
    I applaud the intent behind your idea. However, the millions have already contributed cash when they purchased their BB devices. Yet that didn't help.
    09-05-13 08:51 AM
    I'm sure that BlackBerry is the first company that's ever promised something it couldn't deliver.

Look, I wanted bb10 on pb also. I bought two myself, and talked my immediate family in to buying 3. That's 5 pb's I'm responsible for. But c'mon guys... how many times can you repeat the same complaint. We all know that BB10 isn't selling, we all know there's a lot of legacy users not transitioning to bb10, we know that Android is top dog with Ios in second. So, if you want BlackBerry to continue making devices and continue improving what I think is the best os out there, then I'm right there with you. If you want BlackBerry to shutdown and become a memory, well, you're closer to that reality now than ever before.

I'm just so tired of hearing 'Thor promised, wah!' and 'I want my instagram, wah!' and 'BlackBerry needs better specs, wah!' Let's all complain that they rushed PB to market, then complain they waited to long to release BB10 then complain it wasn't ready yet and they shoukd have waited til 10.2. See the problem here? There's no way for them to win when we're looking at it after its already happened.

So let's just all agree, yes, BlackBerry screwed up with the pb, I'm pretty sure everyone at BlackBerry would agree. Yes, we all want as many apps as we can get in the market. Yes, better specs would probably get better sales (even though in my opinion, they simply aren't needed at this point and would just drive cost up)

So how many more months do we have to hear the same complaints, day in and day out? It's the same thing that's been said a thousand times by a thousand people. It's not a point that needs to be argued anymore. Constantly repeating sonething that is pretty much the opinion of everyone... is just boring. How about offering something new?

And sorry, I'm not trying to be antagonistic. It's simply I'm tired of hearing it, voiced it when I probably shouldn't have, then I have two people trying to convince me. Lol! Why? I agree about the PlayBook. I totally want bb10 on the pb. But it's not going to happen. And the pb is just a fraction of what got BlackBerry where we're at now.
    Bradu1 - at least in my case, Blackberry's failure to implement BB10 on the Playbook is 1) only part of my argument above, 2) not even the more important part of my argument above, and 3) not the only example of Blackberry over-promising and under-delivering. IMO, the bigger issue with Blackberry receiving less loyalty from its customers is that many of its customers have moved to other operating systems (or in some cases haven't done so yet but plan to do so, regardless of the company's current precarious position). In most cases, those people moved not because of Blackberry's broken promise on the Playbook, but because they were competing with (IMO and presumably many other people's opinions) a vastly inferior product in BBOS and took way too long to deliver a competitive product (BB10). The weak BB10 device sales prior to the late June earnings call when it was confirmed BB10 wasn't coming to the Playbook is proof of that IMO. Blackberry's initial errors with the Playbook (namely the lack of a native e-mail client for a year and other features traditionally associated with Blackberry) also turned a lot of people, including some former Blackberry loyalists, off.

You can't receive loyalty from your customers if you've already lost or alienated them.
    09-05-13 09:46 AM
    Did my part, bought my BB10 device, still own a PlayBook (not hardly used now since the bridge was neutered). I'm not going to evangelize for BlackBerry anymore since I did that with the PlayBook and got burnt when they didn't deliver on BB10, or even marginal improvements to TabletOS. Sorry but I can't let my reputation be hurt by a company that doesn't care about their own and spews out an audacious amount of arrogance given the current situation.

Unfortunately most of BlackBerry's current subscriber base on the consumer side has been in countries where cheap Curves is where the growth came from, and their is no BB10 device to fill the void, just more cheap BBOS devices in the 9720 coming out. BBM on cheap Androids will likely destroy BBOS in these markets once available. The other is in Government where you won't see purchases for months more at least, and now that they put the company up for sale, probably not at all as this is doesn't look good from a purchasing and support standpoint. I still see many on here that are complaining about BB10 sales and failures but at the same time haven't bought a BB10 phone. If you don't buy one then you have no reason to complain about poor sales. Many even haven't given the phone a chance. Also doesn't help that you have a Million pissed off PlayBook purchasers out there badmouthing the company (and rightfully so).
    09-05-13 09:58 AM
    I still see many on here that are complaining about BB10 sales and failures but at the same time haven't bought a BB10 phone. If you don't buy one then you have no reason to complain about poor sales. Many even haven't given the phone a chance. Also doesn't help that you have a Million pissed off PlayBook purchasers out there badmouthing the company (and rightfully so).
    Lnichols - I'm unsure if I'm one of the people you are referring to in your comment above, but for the record, I do intend to buy a Z10, regardless what happens to Blackberry. Additionally, in all honesty my comments about Blackberry's BB10 device sales are not complaints, just critical observations. I'm not tied to any one mobile operating system, and I don't care one way or the other what Blackberry's (or any other company's) sales are in terms of how useful or enjoyable I find a particular mobile OS. I do find company's business activities, especially their business strategies, personally interesting to think about and discuss, and I do like to comment on those activities.

Stated more simply, most of my comments on crackberry.com are focused on Blackberry as a company, not my personal feelings about its products.
    09-05-13 10:28 AM
    No one has ever suggested this. But when a company does promise something and fails to deliver, even the company realizes there will be a penalty. This is why the "underpromise, overdeliver" line is such a wise rule to live by.

Also, let's not act as though this is something that occurred years ago. . .the announcment was at the end of June. Yeah, people are still pissed, and they will be for a while. After all, their expectations were set by then-RIM, who has always had a very strong relationship with its customers. Unfortunately, the PlayBook seems to have done an exceptional job of driving a wedge between those loyal customers and the company itself, especially since many of those customers created the only real marketing campaign the device ever had and thus were particularly bothered by BBRY's reversal.

I understand that you're tired of hearing about it, but this is a forum, and iif people are upset they have just as much a right to talk about it as you do to coplain about them.
    09-05-13 10:30 AM
    Lnichols - I'm unsure if I'm one of the people you are referring to in your comment above, but for the record, I do intend to buy a Z10, regardless what happens to Blackberry. Additionally, in all honesty my comments about Blackberry's BB10 device sales are not complaints, just critical observations. I'm not tied to any one mobile operating system, and I don't care one way or the other what Blackberry's (or any other company's) sales are in terms of how useful or enjoyable I find a particular mobile OS. I do find company's business activities, especially their business strategies, personally interesting to think about and discuss, and I do like to comment on those activities.

Stated more simply, most of my comments on crackberry.com are focused on Blackberry as a company, not my personal feelings about its products.
    Wasn't pointing anyone out from this thread, just a general statement from a trend I've seen since the BB10 launch here on CrackBerry. I've seen many people opining about why it isn't selling well and not understanding it, but at the same time not jumping in, waiting for full Bridge, waiting for a slider (that will likely never come), etc. I guess after jumping on the PlayBook early and now BB10, and seeing the same pattern over time of people not buying it and trying to figure out why it isn't selling well or why devs aren't supporting BlackBerry while they sit on the sideline themselves is just frustrating. Cans in seats get attention, and support. Promises to buy are no better than BlackBerry's promises to deliver!
    09-05-13 02:42 PM
    As far as current users supporting BB, I still feel a lot of current users would upgrade if it weren't for contract issues.... I think most people with Bolds are still under contract and so they have to wait a while. That's pretty much the story in my family.... If I weren't so strapped I'd pick up a Q10, but $650 - $700 is a lot. On that note, I would assume lowering the price would also help more users make the leap. Maybe BB could have taken a cue from Google and aim to make money off the app store rather than the device/OS. That's pretty much the model in video games too.... Lose money on console for years but make royalties on games sales....
    09-05-13 03:19 PM
    Exactly!
    09-21-13 03:15 PM
    No hope really
    09-21-13 03:19 PM