Greetings fellow Z/Q10 lovers. We all need a bit of blackberry good news right now. I love my zed but I'm still the only person I know with one. I'm shocked to say that I haven't seen another in the wild yet and I live in London.
    All my friends and colleagues use iPhone or Android, it's bizarre because we all know that berry 10 is the best but no one is buying it.
    I'm afraid to think this may be my last blackberry before I'm forced to move on.
    Reasons to stay faithful or is it already doomed?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 03:44 PM
    I doubt it's doomed.

The thing is, I stick to it because it's gets my certain work done how I want it and efficiently than the other platforms.
    Take a moment and block out the news and such, it's a smartphone, does it do its job well? Yes, it does so brilliantly. That's enough for me to continue to use it.

Outside news doesn't really change the way you use the phone does it? It still operates the same way it did since you've bought it. (Or last updated)

Unlike you, I've seen quite a few in my city. It's not a common sight but I see them. Even my buddy has a Q.
    09-04-13 03:48 PM
    I'm good news. Can I come in?
    09-04-13 03:50 PM
    I'm in Birmingham and I've so far seen 1 z10 and 1 q10. Real shame as the phone itself is great. Will there be a reason to still be with BlackBerry this time next year? Who knows.. hopefully

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 03:50 PM
    Thanks and I agree completely, it gets things done better than any other device. BlackBerry has such a low profile here now, it's a tough job to see it advertised anywhere. A few billboards when it first appeared but zero since.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 03:54 PM
    Well I do not know if it is good news or bad news..but here it goes..
    My bro bought a IPhone5 in Jan/2013. When I got my Z10 in May/2013, he mocked me about apps, dying brand, jittery active frames etc etc.

Every time he saw my phone..he would go on and on..(I am sure most of you BB users have gone through this social berating). Right after 10.1 update, I kind of gave up and actually starting believing into all the negative stigma. I felt downright sad as most of things he said were coming true (Z10 was laggy, heated up a lot, battery would run down once a week within matter of an hour or so).

MR Update kind of solved the heating and battery issues. There is a little bit of stutter, but I know it will get better with 10.2.

Last week when I met him I was lamenting the end of BB and was wondering where I would go next. Funny thing, he started lamenting about his Iphone5. It was heating up, battery does not last for more than 3 hrs, it lags for him now and then. He wanted to head up to the Apple store to replace it. Kind of understood why all summer he did not comment much on how "crappy BB" is, as he had his own smartphone problems lol.

So, BB is not the only tech that is having growing pains. Even airplanes (Dreamliners, 380s) had engine fallouts, fires etc.

Just hoping the suits in BB don't screw it up further! Cuz hands down BB10 is THE best phone OS out there. Period.
    Last edited by shads77; 09-04-13 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Typo
    damien kupuku likes this.
    09-04-13 04:04 PM
    Saw 3 on the way to the train.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 04:07 PM
    Someone left a Z10 on a park bench. It was still there 3 hours later when i walked by again.

Good news for who ever left it there.
    09-04-13 04:47 PM
    Someone left a Z10 on a park bench. It was still there 3 hours later when i walked by again.

That's both good and bad.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 05:10 PM

Lollllll.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-04-13 05:10 PM

I'd have popped it open and returned it to whichever company the SIM belonged to, as I'm sure they'll have some sort of contact information on file.

Actually, I did that the other day with a Curve I found on the bus. I'm sure the nice people at Rogers tried very hard to find the owner of the phone. (*sigh* that last bit was hopeless optimism)

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    09-04-13 05:39 PM
    Greetings fellow Z/Q10 lovers. We all need a bit of blackberry good news right now. I love my zed but I'm still the only person I know with one. I'm shocked to say that I haven't seen another in the wild yet and I live in London.
    All my friends and colleagues use iPhone or Android, it's bizarre because we all know that berry 10 is the best but no one is buying it.
    I'm afraid to think this may be my last blackberry before I'm forced to move on.
    Reasons to stay faithful or is it already doomed?

Posted via CB10
    I see a lot of Z10s around, one day I was going through the mall. Walking up the hall I saw 3 Z10s, then I got to the Starbucks and there were 5 Z10s, 3 iPhones and 1 S3. Not bad I thought, unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Q, I have only seen 2 in real life.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 07:49 PM