This is the issue i'm having. I send a text to recipient A. i come back to the text message later. I send another text message to recipient A. I get a pop up that it's going into MMS mode and the recipient A gets duplicated into the text exchange. So recipient A receives my text message twice.

Also, if I go to the text folder a message will appear read. But when I look through the HUB it appears unread.
    09-04-13 11:23 AM
    This is the issue i'm having. I send a text to recipient A. i come back to the text message later. I send another text message to recipient A. I get a pop up that it's going into MMS mode and the recipient A gets duplicated into the text exchange. So recipient A receives my text message twice.

Also, if I go to the text folder a message will appear read. But when I look through the HUB it appears unread.
    What OS are you on? We could see if this is a known bug for it.
    09-05-13 02:01 PM
    I am having the same issue on my Q10 using 4.1.0.4189. It just started 2 days ago. It is not happening with all contacts, but some are saying every text is duplicated. I get the same MMS mode popup.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 03:05 PM
    Same issue here. 10.1.0.4699

This is so infuriating. Especially since that "switching to mms mode" pop up hangs on the screen 2 seconds every time I open up a new message.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 04:16 PM
    I think I figured out what is going on with my Q10. I will explain and maybe it will help someone else. Each recipient that received duplicate texts had their name listed twice, separated by a comma in my text message list in the Hub. They all had 2 contact pics at the top of the text Chat too. I realized that each was in my favorite contact list, and also I had them set up in Shortcutme (a 3rd party app) to text easily with a few key strokes. These were the ones getting duplicate msgs. I believe when I texted them using Shortcutme, I actually added them to the existing text 'chat' that had been showing up in the Hub. From that point on, it was a MMS actually nd they received duplicates. My fix... I ended up going through the Hub looking for MMS msgs, or names listed twice rather than their name with "(Mobile)" behind it. Using the menu, I ended the chat. After that, I sent a text msg. It was just a text msg and not a MMS. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 05:05 PM
    I had the same issue.Did you do an update over the air? Reload the device software. I went into the desktop software and reloaded the device. Granted I had to reload all of my contacts, etc. So back your device up before you do it. That will solve the problem.
    09-07-13 07:48 PM
    Any new updates on this issue...i am experiencing the same issue (which just recently started) but I do not have duplicate contacts...and suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! Also, when are the new updates expected to be released? Hoping they will fix this issue.
    10-06-13 08:15 PM
    my suspicion is that this is a "user initiated event" as in bobop's case. If this were an OS issue, this would have been massive and documented much earlier. If the chat conversation is between several contacts, I think this becomes MMS messaging automatically...but even then, there should be only one msg coming through for each contact, not several...
    10-07-13 06:04 AM
    my suspicion is that this is a "user initiated event" as in bobop's case. If this were an OS issue, this would have been massive and documented much earlier. If the chat conversation is between several contacts, I think this becomes MMS messaging automatically...but even then, there should be only one msg coming through for each contact, not several...
    Not a user issue at all I suspect. Reload the device via the desktop software and it will solve the problem.
    10-07-13 01:14 PM
    I did a search and found this thread; I am hoping people can help me out. I am getting ready to throw my Q10 out of the window over this duplicate texting problem. When I updated the software (I think 6 weeks ago now) all of my text convos turned to duplicates. I ended up having to end each conversation and start over. However, now it is happening again and it seems random. I will be in the midst of a text conversation and suddenly a second picture will pop up at the top of the screen of the same person (same picture, mind you, as I do not have duplicate contacts) and the recipient(s) will begin receiving duplicate texts. It is infuriating to have to start every conversation from scratch and have to delete everything that's been written in order to fix this. Can someone please help... this one is driving me up a wall.
    10-10-13 08:36 AM
    I did a search and found this thread; I am hoping people can help me out. I am getting ready to throw my Q10 out of the window over this duplicate texting problem. When I updated the software (I think 6 weeks ago now) all of my text convos turned to duplicates. I ended up having to end each conversation and start over. However, now it is happening again and it seems random. I will be in the midst of a text conversation and suddenly a second picture will pop up at the top of the screen of the same person (same picture, mind you, as I do not have duplicate contacts) and the recipient(s) will begin receiving duplicate texts. It is infuriating to have to start every conversation from scratch and have to delete everything that's been written in order to fix this. Can someone please help... this one is driving me up a wall.
    Go into the desktop software and reload the device software. SHould fix it.
    10-10-13 03:16 PM
    You need to delete all of your text messages in your inbox. This resolved the issue for me. The duplicate texts are being caused by an overflow because there are too many messages stored. Delete all text messages and this should stop the duplicate texts from being sent.

I'm using the Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.1.0.4189)

Good luck
    11-08-13 07:12 PM
    This is a bug in some of the OS's. You have to delete ALL text messages and start over. There numerous threads on this in the BlackBerry 10 OS forum and the leaks forum. I think you can search and find a common fix.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 07:35 PM
    Same thing happened to me, I figured it was from a linked contact issue (all are Facebook users) I Cleared chat AND Ended chat for these individuals, problem solved!
    11-08-13 08:07 PM
    I have this issue when I text to a linked contact. If I unlink the contact before texting, I don't get the duplication. It's a royal pain and clearly a bug in the OS that they need to resolve.

Luckily I hardly ever use text. If I did I would be furious about this.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 08:41 PM
    11-09-13 03:21 PM
    I can't find that setting...maybe it's carrier specific?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:46 AM
    I resolved this issue on two separate Q10s by deleting all text messages. I used SMS Backup to make an archive of the messages prior to deleting. Hopefully the issue will not return.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 11:30 PM
    Will I need to do this every time I have sent a picture?
    12-10-13 08:49 PM
    On VZ network without update (1.4). Does 2 correct this? just got phone yesterday but i may return as this is making my friends crazy and the "fixes" arent really acceptable for how I use the phone. Sorta down at the prospect because i did have my heart set on this. q10 if it makes a dif. thanks
    02-22-14 11:28 AM