Today I went to Rogers after convincing my boyfriend to change to a Z10 (he was using an iPhone 4S). While we were looking at the phone, the sales woman comes up and my boyfriend says he'd like to purchase the z10 but he's a little wary.

Personally, I think the z10 is SO simple to learn! The first words out of the sales woman's mouth were: "I hate it".

He asked why, and she said "it doesn't have a home button". I almost died laughing. Ummm isn't that the point?!

I just don't understand! The phone is incredible! I want one so badly. He is still getting used to it but lovesit so far. I wish more would give it a chance.
    clickitykeys, nieedo3 and iN10Se like this.
    09-03-13 09:37 PM
    LMAO! I really LOL'd at that one.
    09-03-13 09:39 PM
    When i say my z10 doesnt have a home button people get mind blown when i show them the peek gesture
    Jerale Hoard and jason18 like this.
    09-03-13 09:44 PM
    I like the home button. When it's pitch black at night in bed and I need to turn on the phone for some late night Redtube, it would be much easier to tell if the phone is upside down with one hand because the other hand is, er...occupied.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    extisis, eldricho, sosof and 3 others like this.
    09-03-13 09:45 PM
    The Z10 is the easiest phone to operate with one hand! What are you? A toddler? You don't know how to multitask? Blackberry is a special tool for people that like to live outside the box. Dare to be different. Not follow the beaten path and blaze there own trail. We are different. We are the cool, nerdy, trend setters. Blackberry owners.
    09-03-13 10:01 PM
    I like the home button. When it's pitch black at night in bed and I need to turn on the phone for some late night Redtube, it would be much easier to tell if the phone is upside down with one hand because the other hand is, er...occupied.

Swipe it, if no response, flip and try again.
    You can also pretty easily feel the power button on the top.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:04 PM

Can be done just as easily with the lock screen button or the volume buttons. Don't ask me how i know |:

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:05 PM
    Actually future phones might not have home buttons, but right now people know home buttons. Give an iPhone or Android phone to someone and they can instantly use it. The whole world knows how to use a phone with a home button.

But when I was looking at Playbooks for the first time my girlfriend had to use an iPad next to it to Google how to use the tablet because we started an app and had no clue how to get out of it. Say what you want, but when most people try phones in the store do you think they're going to have the patience to find out how to use it? My guess is they'll go straight for something easier to use. And by easier to use I mean "with a home button". Sad but true.
    09-03-13 10:34 PM
    I would of also laughed right then and there -_-

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 10:37 PM
    Everyone I show my phone to is amazed by the way you navigate BB10. No one hates it lol

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    09-03-13 11:10 PM
    We are different. We are the cool, nerdy, trend setters. Blackberry owners.
    But... never mind.
    09-03-13 11:15 PM
    Everyone I show my phone to is amazed by the way you navigate BB10. No one hates it lol

Posted via CB10
    I'm yet to find anyone that dislikes it. I have heard folks say is is "different" but not one has called it bad.
    BBVegasGirl80 and LewLew23 like this.
    09-03-13 11:16 PM
    Actually future phones might not have home buttons, but right now people know home buttons. Give an iPhone or Android phone to someone and they can instantly use it. The whole world knows how to use a phone with a home button.

But when I was looking at Playbooks for the first time my girlfriend had to use an iPad next to it to Google how to use the tablet because we started an app and had no clue how to get out of it. Say what you want, but when most people try phones in the store do you think they're going to have the patience to find out how to use it? My guess is they'll go straight for something easier to use. And by easier to use I mean "with a home button". Sad but true.
    Well here is one for you. I never owned a smart phone before a BlackBerry. In fact I owned a PlayBook before I switched to a BlackBerry phone from a flop phone. I can tell you that having a home button isn't something you are born knowing. The first time I tried an android tablet I had no idea how it worked. I'm couldn't figure it out because it used buttons and not swipes like on my PlayBook. And I couldn't figure out how to get back to the home screen because I had never used a home button. It didn't take long to get the hang of it once I figured that out.

My point is that we can adapt quickly if we want to. All these systems are easy to use and it takes only a little bit of time to get used to something new. In fact, it's fun. BlackBerry hasn't seemed to have found a way to get that message across which is really too bad.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:26 PM
    Swipe it, if no response, flip and try again.
    You can also pretty easily feel the power button on the top.
    That's too much work and it would make my brain hurt.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:31 PM
    Yeah don't worry. With the hub icon on the home screen now in 10.2 it's probably just a matter of time before BlackBerry revises BlackBerry 10 and builds in a home button. Heh.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    09-03-13 11:40 PM
    Darn straight it doesn't have a home button! The whole idea of not having a home button means that no matter what you are doing, you have lightning quick access to everything. I could never go back to using a phone with a home button. It just seems so... outdated.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 12:15 AM
    Well here is one for you. I never owned a smart phone before a BlackBerry. In fact I owned a PlayBook before I switched to a BlackBerry phone from a flop phone. I can tell you that having a home button isn't something you are born knowing. The first time I tried an android tablet I had no idea how it worked. I'm couldn't figure it out because it used buttons and not swipes like on my PlayBook. And I couldn't figure out how to get back to the home screen because I had never used a home button. It didn't take long to get the hang of it once I figured that out.

My point is that we can adapt quickly if we want to. All these systems are easy to use and it takes only a little bit of time to get used to something new. In fact, it's fun. BlackBerry hasn't seemed to have found a way to get that message across which is really too bad.

Posted via CB10
    After owning the PlayBook for a year, I was handed an iPad in a restaurant. It took me a full three minutes of futile swiping to realize it had a button. Then all I could think was, what a stupid idea, a button on one side, why can't I just swipe from any edge I want?

So yeah. I still don't know how to use an iPhone. Don't care to learn. I suppose other people feel the same way about learning to swipe. But I know what I like better.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 12:17 AM
    The most entertaining part of all this is the Iphone home button breaks a lot.
    8 Tricks for Fixing Your iPhone's Broken Home Button � Smartphones

But the button is repairable. The iphone breaks really easily, but it isn't all that ugly to fix. However, it is better not to have a phone that breaks all the time. And of course, Apple will replace it many times while under warranty. The iphone4 would break just by getting it hot enough. It would crack in the corners.

I saw a van that advertised mobile iphone repair. I forget the name, well not needing the service and all. But there are companies that do iphone repairs, i.e. 3rd party repair shops. You also see a lot of iphones with busted screens in use.

The iphone gets a good rating from the 3rd party warranty companies. But I always figured by the time someone has a 3rd party warranty, they have already busted a few iphones and learned their lesson.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    09-04-13 12:25 AM
    I said at the time of the Z10 launch that Apple WILL one day scrap the home button, this would create more space both internally and externally.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 02:26 AM

Holy **** someone has beat me to it. I have had this running around in thoughts forever!!!

Going up the stairs to my apartment at night. I can't really tell if my phone is upside down. With a home button, it's actually faster than swiping with a double click of a button. PS not trolling; swiping helps me burn calories.

Mister_Sir you savvy b*st*rd.

To be continued...
    09-04-13 02:35 AM
    Today I went to Rogers after convincing my boyfriend to change to a Z10 (he was using an iPhone 4S). While we were looking at the phone, the sales woman comes up and my boyfriend says he'd like to purchase the z10 but he's a little wary.

Personally, I think the z10 is SO simple to learn! The first words out of the sales woman's mouth were: "I hate it".

He asked why, and she said "it doesn't have a home button". I almost died laughing. Ummm isn't that the point?!

I just don't understand! The phone is incredible! I want one so badly. He is still getting used to it but lovesit so far. I wish more would give it a chance.
    09-04-13 06:10 AM
    I couldn't agree more, it is almost as if all the salespeople have a quota to meet on how to bash BlackBerry. I have the z10 and absolutely love it. I have literally gone into the store on more than one occasion and have had the same thing happen.

If BlackBerry was smart, they would hire mystery shoppers as part of their marketing strategy.
    09-04-13 06:15 AM
    I almost want to go and pretend to buy my phone because when I got mine it was release day and everyone knew the reason you were there. For a Zed10 and he wouldn't have dared to try and convince me otherwise. Lol but would like to have some fun with these sales people.

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    09-04-13 06:23 AM
    It's funny how idiots have an job and I don't

Posted via CB10
    Daytona123 likes this.
    09-04-13 06:26 AM
    It's funny how idiots have an job and I don't

Posted via CB10

Oh dear God. The irony.
    MGDania and Daytona123 like this.
    09-04-13 06:38 AM
64 123