For Starters. Love the Blackberry Z10 in just about every way except for the availability of certain apps. For the most part I have found most of the new apps for blackberry serve me well.

Every now and then I come across a company that I would like to use their specific app. Just download here. In this example, I would like to download myfitnesspal.

Problem is that the downloadable app for blackberry is for the old blackberry.

So I thought I would sideload. So where and how do I get the app in order to sideload. If I try and download the android app it wants me to sign in with my android id and password.

Please advise.
    Thank You,

Kevin
    09-03-13 01:47 PM
    Youre gonna need the .bar file for sideloading. There are many great threads and website full of working .bar files. Once you have saved the .bar file to your computer (or other method) you can then sideload it to your bb.

If you obtain an .apk from the adroid market, you will have to convert it to .bar before loading it to your bb. Also something you can learn to do in the forums.

Happy hunting!!

Edited to include link to .bar for app

http://apk2bar.org/bar/1a/71/132645/..._v2.7-3340.bar
    09-03-13 01:51 PM
    For Starters. Love the Blackberry Z10 in just about every way except for the availability of certain apps. For the most part I have found most of the new apps for blackberry serve me well.

Every now and then I come across a company that I would like to use their specific app. Just download here. In this example, I would like to download myfitnesspal.

Problem is that the downloadable app for blackberry is for the old blackberry.

So I thought I would sideload. So where and how do I get the app in order to sideload. If I try and download the android app it wants me to sign in with my android id and password.

Please advise.
    Thank You,

Kevin
    read and read and read

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...eloading-f279/

1. You either have your own or a friend's Andorid device, download the app, back it up, and then copy the APK file and then use a converter to make it a bar file that can be sideloaded.
    2. Find either a APK File or an already converted BAR file on the internet and download it from some source and then sideload it.
    3. Download a emulator to your PC that allows you to pretend like you have an Android Device and download the app and they convert it and then sideload it.
    4. Use Google...

That all assumes that the app will work. In fact, I've found that only about 25% of the apps I want are capable of being converted and sideloaded.
    09-03-13 02:01 PM
    Wow... I figured the chances were low that I could get to work. I thought I would try though. Sure would be easier if the world would acknowledge the new blackberry.
    09-03-13 02:24 PM
    Wow... I figured the chances were low that I could get to work. I thought I would try though. Sure would be easier if the world would acknowledge the new blackberry.
    Its easy though a tad scary at first. Sideloading becomes second nature once youve done a few.
    newcollector likes this.
    09-03-13 02:38 PM
    True, but in the meantime, happy sideloading
    09-03-13 02:50 PM
    bb10bars.net is a pretty good site if you are looking for some of the popular Android ports.
    09-03-13 02:55 PM
    Monday
    Sideloading Apps.  Specifically how to get the file to sideload.-img_00000598.jpg
    Sideloading Apps.  Specifically how to get the file to sideload.-img_00000626.jpgo

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 04:49 PM