I know a lot of us have great ideas that could make BlackBerry 10 even better, but we just feel like no one is listening.

Well here is a way to tell BlackBerry directly what your ideas are to make BlackBerry 10 the best OS out there.

After you tell them, post your ideas here for all to see.

This is kind of BlackBerry's "Suggestion Box":

"BlackBerry has created a special email address that allows our customers to submit suggestions related to BlackBerry development. We encourage you to submit your suggestions to [email protected]"
    09-02-13 09:33 PM
    So here was my first one sent to BlackBerry's Suggestion Box:

"If future updates for BlackBerry 10 could have built in the ability to print any type of file/image wirelessly through wifi (and through the carrier's 4G network, even better) from any location, directly from the phone/device (or its Media Card) to "any" wifi capable printer would be amazing. This would be something that would separate BlackBerry 10 from other phones/OS.*

There are some 3rd party apps out there, but most need to connect to your PC first to print, are limited to what type files they can print and to what type printers they can print to. They are also not BlackBerry native apps.

So if built into the OS, I think it would be a big hit."
    09-02-13 09:36 PM
    I gotta black box where suggestions go, but I really don't give a **** it's probably best ya know

From Q10/HTC One aka Batman & Robin
    09-02-13 09:38 PM
    "BlackBerry has created a special email address that allows our customers to submit suggestions related to BlackBerry development. We encourage you to submit your suggestions to [email protected]"
    "BlackBerry development", meaning... what exactly? That's pretty broad.
    09-02-13 09:42 PM
    Can this be confirmed as real or just a placebo?

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    09-02-13 09:47 PM
    Any idea that you have and would like to suggest to them. It's wide open.

That was sent to me directly from BlackBerry after I made my suggestion.
    --------------------------------
    Here was the full response they sent me:

"Hello mzblues,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

BlackBerry has created a special email address that allows our customers to submit suggestions related to BlackBerry development. We encourage you to submit your suggestions to [email protected].

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,
    Ruban
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    BlackBerry
    Tel:
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: www.blackberry.com"
    ATMJOE likes this.
    09-02-13 09:49 PM
    Any idea that you have and would like to suggest to them. It's wide open.

That was sent to me directly from BlackBerry after I made my suggestion.
    --------------------------------
    Here was the full response they sent me:

"Hello mzblues,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support.

BlackBerry has created a special email address that allows our customers to submit suggestions related to BlackBerry development. We encourage you to submit your suggestions to [email protected].

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,
    Ruban
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    BlackBerry
    Tel:
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: www.blackberry.com"
    Thanks

Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    09-02-13 09:53 PM
    They are definitely getting an email from me about custom profiles and exceptions. Ridiculous that they aren't on bb10.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 08:41 AM
    Not related to software development, but what the hell. I just sent this to them.

The recent surge of Windows Phone, especially entry-level models, in BlackBerry's key Latin America market highlights an important issue related to pricing.

BlackBerry needs to look at how companies like Honda and Hyundai became what they are today. When Honda entered the American market, Japanese import vehicles had much the same reputation as BlackBerry phones do now. So Honda flooded the market with cheap, utilitarian vehicles that were overall quite reliable. Get the brand into as many hands as possible, then slowly add features to change brand sentiment. Once that positive sentiment is banked, then increase prices and add premium features.

More recently, look at how far Hyundai has come using a similar model. Remember the Elantra from the 90s? Dirt cheap, and because of that, you saw quite a few of them even though no one you knew would ever consider it a good brand. Look at them now - a friend of mine just replaced his BMW with a 2013 Elantra and loves it.

BlackBerry has fallen so far out of the major markets that you are basically a brand new player - with the added hurdle that your product has largely been dismissed by the population. Flood the market with cheap yet reliable devices and get the brand back into households.

Here's an idea - since phones in many markets are largely subsidised now that you can't go much lower-priced than $0 for 2-3 years, partner with some carriers to offer yearly upgrades to the customer on that contract. So the customer is signed on for three years, and gets three subsidised phones during that contract. Make it a cheap, almost disposable phone -- Curve-level, small screen, no HDMI or LTE - focus entirely on processing and RAM to allow BB10 to run smoothly. Make it the Nokia 5190 of the smartphone world.

Sincerely,
    [REDACTED]
    Orillia, Ontario

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10
    Posted via CB10 on Q10
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-03-13 08:58 AM
    I know a lot of us have great ideas that could make BlackBerry 10 even better, but we just feel like no one is listening.

Well here is a way to tell BlackBerry directly what your ideas are to make BlackBerry 10 the best OS out there.

After you tell them, post your ideas here for all to see.

This is kind of BlackBerry's "Suggestion Box":

Glad to see another thread with Blackberry's mailbox in it. Please send in your requests. Remember, you won't get a reply in words. The answers from Blackberry come in the updates you ask for in the upcoming os's. Yes, they read them all.
    09-03-13 10:45 PM
    This sounds great! I hope they really read what people write and take it into consideration... I wish they swap send and smiley buttons while writing text messages. It often happens that a message gets sent while I want to edit it and tap into the lower right corner...
    11-19-13 04:59 PM
    KEEP THE ORIGINAL UP/DOWN Professional (and Original) "CALL SCREEN"

PLEASE NO SILHOUETTE
    11-19-13 05:05 PM
    Its a Humble Request to Pls Add Creating Groups for Sms and Emails in The Device Q20 and also to Remove The Limit of Only 100 People in a Group as we feeling isolated without the feature in Q10 and other devices....
    I Promise Sell of 500 Units of The Same in My Family and Friends if This Feature Being Added..
    Right Now Using Bold 9900 as No Option along With Samsung Note 3
    03-05-14 04:07 AM