I'm posting this without comment, so don't shoot the messenger, full figures in the table:

The latest smartphone sales data from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, for the three months to July 2013, shows Windows Phone has posted its highest ever level of 8.2% across the five major European markets*, emerging as a key player in the smartphone race.

Dominic Sunnebo, strategic insight director at Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, comments: �Android and Apple take the lion�s share of the headlines and continue to dominate smartphone sales, so it�s easy to forget that there is a third operating system emerging as a real adversary. Windows Phone, driven largely by lower priced Nokia smartphones such as the Lumia 520, now represents around one in 10 smartphone sales in Britain, France, Germany and Mexico. For the first time the platform has claimed the number two spot in a major world market, taking 11.6% of sales in Mexico.�

Windows Phone�s growth isn�t coming from stealing Apple or Android consumers. Only 27% of Apple and Android users change their OS when they replace their handset, and those that do switch tend to move between the two big operating systems.
    News - Record share for Windows phone - Kantar Worldpanel

Kantar world panel July 2013-1236976_314881605322226_822015616_n.jpg
    Last edited by cgk; 09-02-13 at 06:40 AM.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-02-13 06:16 AM
    Blackberry appears to have increased by a tenth of a percent in the US compared to last month's report. Two tenths of a percent in EU5. Maybe there's something to the stat counter increases after all? LOL.
    dusdal likes this.
    09-02-13 06:33 AM
    This is bad news. Why do you post such stuff!
    09-02-13 07:49 AM
    It is good news for Windows. I'm glad that there is still room for a third player whoever it is.
    09-02-13 07:53 AM
    Because it is important news? Just not good news, right?
    09-02-13 07:57 AM
    Kantar world panel July 2013-head-sand.jpg
    09-02-13 08:08 AM
    In UK, France the market share of BB and WP are swapped. Thats bad because UK and France are traditionally strong markets for BB in Europe.

Mexico is another dangerous sign. BB is nosedived along with Symbian. WP is now second best selling OS there.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-02-13 08:12 AM
    Just for you:

The latest smartphone sales data from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, for the three months to July 2013, shows BB10 has posted its highest ever level of 102% across the five major European markets*, emerging as the key player in the smartphone race.

Dominic Sunnebo, strategic insight director at Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, comments: “ALL HAIL BLACKBERRY! Blackberry now represents around Eleven in 10 smartphone sales in Britain, France, Germany and Mexico. .”

Blackberry’s growth is coming from stealing Apple or Android consumers. 100% of Apple and Android users change their OS to Blackberry when they replace their handset.

Tim Cook was seen sobbing in the apple carpark after the figures were released.
    09-02-13 08:15 AM
    Just for you:
    We will see that reposted at Gadget Masters I'm sure.
    09-02-13 08:34 AM
    You do realize that I was being sarcastic? Just poking some 13 yr olds and their TOOLs

The "best" is suffering because it doesn't have three big ticket items

1. Staying power
    2. Business strategy
    3. the "best" OS
    Just for you:
    09-02-13 09:03 AM
    You do realize that I was being sarcastic?

Sorry about that, it's just that point has been made in a deadly serious manner before now by many posters...
    09-02-13 09:05 AM
    So RIM/BlackBerry is moving to Mexico where they are number 1.
    09-02-13 09:28 AM
    So RIM/BlackBerry is moving to Mexico where they are number 1.
    Correction, Numero uno.

Correction #2: They were numero uno last year, now in third place.
    09-02-13 09:45 AM
    well you can`t get marketshare without low end cheap devices. I thinking a lot of these WPs are probably 520s. I think BB went for margins over marketshare tbh and that is the reason the phones are so expensive and do not sell in huge volumes(as well as **** marketing).
    09-02-13 10:01 AM
    Sales are picking up in most markets compared to 3 months ago. Sales have been below my expectations, but there is some positive to this report.

See below:
    Kantar world panel July 2013-marketshare.jpg

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    Last edited by koolrosh; 09-06-13 at 12:53 PM.
    09-02-13 12:35 PM
    really sad about this report WP just keeps gaining more and more and killing BB on the spot

Sent using my Z10
    09-02-13 01:10 PM
    Sales are picking up in most markets compared to 3 months ago. Sales have been below my expectations, but there is some positive to this report.

See below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marketshare.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	197916
    Sales of what? That doesn't separate out cheap BB07 and BB10 devices, even if we are widely over the top and make the mix 50:50 in affluent markets, then you are looking at a penetration of maybe .4% in some markets and a share that can be a rounding error in another. Face it, BB10 has failed to gain critical mass.

Could it gain critical mass? At the minimum, it needs something to compete against the low-end nokias and a revamp of marketing activity - no point hoarding $4 billion if nobody is buying your devices.
    09-02-13 01:42 PM
    **** it, sell the company and let me get my $15/sh back.
    09-02-13 01:50 PM
    Sales of what? That doesn't separate out cheap BB07 and BB10 devices, even if we are widely over the top and make the mix 50:50 in affluent markets, then you are looking at a penetration of maybe .4% in some markets and a share that can be a rounding error in another. Face it, BB10 has failed to gain critical mass.
    Agreed with you its sad for BB.

In the future i think there are only gonna be 3 main OSes Android, IOS and Windows phone. The rest are minor ones. Pure logic. WP is the only OS increasing to compete with IOS and android
    09-02-13 01:52 PM
    Agreed with you its sad for BB.

In the future i think there are only gonna be 3 main OSes Android, IOS and Windows phone. The rest are minor ones. Pure logic. WP is the only OS increasing to compete with IOS and android

Which is funny when you consider all the folks around here who insisted once BB10 dropped BlackBerry was going to crush WP.
    ajst222 likes this.
    09-02-13 08:00 PM
    Which is funny when you consider all the folks around here who insisted once BB10 dropped BlackBerry was going to crush WP.
    And I even remember Kevin saying in a video that BB10 would most likely emerge as the number 3 OS because Microsoft has tried and failed.

But the differences are that Microsoft actually worked/is working to get top name app developers on board and the Microsoft/Nokia's marketing has been gold and they are doing a great job at letting people know the platform is there.
    bekkay likes this.
    09-02-13 08:10 PM
    And I even remember Kevin saying in a video that BB10 would most likely emerge as the number 3 OS because Microsoft has tried and failed.

But the differences are that Microsoft actually worked/is working to get top name app developers on board and the Microsoft/Nokia's marketing has been gold and they are doing a great job at letting people know the platform is there.
    Is Alec Saunders still padding his resume or playing on twitter? Last big app announcement was what? Skype PREVIEW...

Gee, I hope we get some more games soon
    09-02-13 08:23 PM
    Is Alec Saunders still padding his resume or playing on twitter? Last big app announcement was what? Skype PREVIEW...

Gee, I hope we get some more games soon
    And games are probably the BB10 ecosystem's strongsuit haha. But seriously...the selection is quite poor and there is no excuse for it.
    bekkay and h20work like this.
    09-02-13 08:27 PM
    Blackberry appears to have increased by a tenth of a percent in the US compared to last month's report. Two tenths of a percent in EU5. Maybe there's something to the stat counter increases after all? LOL.
    Can we still blame the US for Blackberry's woes when their market share is down in the "non sheep" markets of UK and France?
    h20work likes this.
    09-02-13 09:39 PM

Really?
    MS has been doing a pretty terrible job at marketing WP since it's inception a few years back...it's really just Nokia that has being doing the work...

Case in point is Canada which has Zero...underline that...Zero ****s of effort going on with marketing from MS Canada...only country I've travelled to where I see almost zero lumias
    09-02-13 09:43 PM
26 12