Hey guys, just a few quick questions or you on a battery that I bought. I ordered this high capacity J-S1battery from eBay a while ago. Got a fair price on it and bought it new. When I plugged the phone in after installing the battery, the charge icon came up for a few seconds and then the infamous red x over an empty battery showed up. I've read on some forums that you can fix this problem by either pulling out your battery contacts to make them reach the battery pack contacts (really didn't want to do that). Later I starting running into more forum posts about a battery decoder. Guess I didn't realize generic batteries couldn't be used unless they were "unlocked". Should I look into purchasing one of these decoders? I know my particular model of phone isn't on the battery itself but the auction said that it was supposed to work. Since the battery was ordered direct from China, I decided not to return it.

Below is a picture of the battery pack...
    J-S1 battery letdown-image.jpg
    09-02-13 12:21 AM
    Thanks for sharing the information, I've seen similar issues with other batteries like this, and all of the 'activation decoder' stuff, which I've always looked at as a hinky way to do business.
    09-02-13 12:30 AM