YouTubers,

If you're looking for a really decent YouTube application in BB World, check this one out. There's a pretty good description there, so I won't retype it all here. It even locates vids you have on your device. There are quite a bit of features offered in this one, and the dev is taking a look at more, including Inbox capability, check it out!

BlackBerry World - Super2 for YouTube

super: Super for BlackBerry 10

Added a few extra screens shots to show what this native YouTube application offers. Since only being limited to 12 pics, and unable to delete/update current uploaded pics, there are additional screen shots added by the dev showing the newly added feature of caching/preloading of videos on page 3 of this forum thread as well - check them out too!

Additional update: This application has also been renamed to SuperTube in BB World and is now Built for BlackBerry.

Download and give this awesome application a try today - you won't be sorry!

This dev is also the creator of LapseLab HD and Audio Extractor - you may want to check these out as well!

Super2 for YouTube-img_00000314.jpgSuper2 for YouTube-img_00000312.jpgSuper2 for YouTube-img_00000309.jpgSuper2 for YouTube-img_00000307.jpgSuper2 for YouTube-img_00000316.jpgSuper2 for YouTube-img_00000313.jpgSuper2 for YouTube-img_00000311.jpgSuper2 for YouTube-img_00000306.jpgSuper2 for YouTube-img_00000315.jpgSuper2 for YouTube-img_00000310.jpgSuper2 for YouTube-img_00000308.jpgSuper2 for YouTube-img_00000305.jpg
    Last edited by BB10QNX; 12-13-13 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Added 2 Links, some extra screen shots
    09-01-13 04:58 PM
    link maybe?
    ATMJOE likes this.
    09-01-13 05:10 PM
    Sorry about that, link added to OP. Also just added additonal link to dev's blog page for it.
    Last edited by BB10QNX; 09-01-13 at 06:43 PM.
    09-01-13 06:19 PM
    Thanks OP. Just downloading it!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 07:27 PM
    What loads faster? This or fastube?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 07:45 AM
    When you say 'loads' faster, what do you mean exactly?

- application startup
    - individual page loads
    - video playback

For me here, the speed seems really good, but each user does have their own expectation/need regarding speed.

I believe in the blog link in the OP, it talks about buffer adjusting for network flow and things like that, if that helps. I also know that the dev is working on a fix for speeding up thumbnail loads too. This is a pretty flexible, feature rich application, and it appears the dev is working diligently to make it even better, faster, etc.
    09-02-13 10:26 AM
    I mean the buffering of the video.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 10:33 AM
    Ok, just tried both, same video played. Both seemed to be on par with each other, as both played the video smoothly without having the blue circle show up in the middle of it. Also, when beginning to play, starting the video, they both also seemed to be on par, at least on this end.
    09-02-13 11:38 AM
    Hi, I developed this and really wish to tank BB10QNX for this post. He anticipated me and also gives me some good suggestions for the next release.
    I wish also to thank mmmeep that helped me with the new UI
    First of all I'd like to tell to old Super user that with the new already available release, a page is displayed at first with the way to get the full version of Super2 free of charge. I had to do this 'split' just because a paid app can't be converted to freemium and I apologize for any inconvenience but since now I didn't received any insults
    @magsasaka I don't like to make comparison with my app and another and say which is better, the thing I can say is that Super2 uses a built in video player and if you open Video Info it is also displayed a video buffer bar to let the user see how the used network works, but for sure it all depends on the user netwwork capabilities. By the way are both freemium apps to let the users evaluate before purchasing it.

A note to this new version is that playlist, favorites and watch later lists can be shared (and downloaded) with DownloadsManager that can be found in the blog link in the OP and must be sideloaded into the phone since its not available on App World.

Hope soon I will implement the InBox, channels comments and improvement on thumbnails load as suggested by BB10QNX

thanks to all
    Korepab likes this.
    09-02-13 12:12 PM
    Just wanted to chime in here and say that I now use this over FastTube as I love having it play in the background when in the active frame. Thanks to the dev for making an awesome app

Posted via CB10
    lildeimos likes this.
    09-02-13 01:18 PM
    Actually, same here.
    09-03-13 06:30 PM
    Looks like Super2 has received an update, and it sure is a bit quicker, smoother. Remember as well, the UI on this application is unique, in that, it can be changed by the user in how it displays, be it bar list, thumbnail, etc, and it's all built in. The side menu is also not cluttered, as it acts like a top menu should, tap and get to what you want to see, like category lists for instance. The more this application is used, the more I appreciate the work the dev has done here to provide a quality application for BB10 users. Looking very forward to future updates here.
    lildeimos likes this.
    09-04-13 04:51 PM
    Yes it's really great app, and developer is very nice. He help you immediately if you got a problem

Posted via CB10
    lildeimos likes this.
    09-05-13 04:49 AM
    I whis to thank again BB10QNX for his kind interest
    I would like also to add some screenshots with some features asked to be implemented some time ago:
    Super2 for YouTube-3_shots.jpg
    On the left it's show a fast way to set filter parameter. Pulling down the search field, will reveal all the available options.
    At center a Now Playing feature let you listen to video while in active frame, and the active frame shows the title, the thumbnail and the state of the video.
    At right, by pressing the back button, the video will stop, but by swiping from left, the video player will continue to play while the user can continue to browse, manage playlist and do other app's features.
    Also, maybe a hidden feature, by pinch to zoom on thumbnails, it's possible to change the layout. Pinching vertically in the grid will change the height of the cells, pinching horizontally will add or remove columns. So its possible to see a standard rows layout or a grid where can be seen 10 entries in landscape mode.
    Another, maybe hidden feature, is the capability to share entire playlist, watch later or favorites list to DownloadsManager (the bar at the bottom of this page) that will download them all at once
    Wolfgan, BB10QNX and damien kupuku like this.
    09-07-13 05:51 AM
    A suggestion I have is u can click on the users name to show all their videos they have uploaded

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:33 AM
    Hi patel26, with a long press on a thumbnail and choosing "Author channel" in the context menu, all user uploads are displayed. I this what you are looking for ?
    09-11-13 09:32 AM
    Hi patel26, with a long press on a thumbnail and choosing "Author channel" in the context menu, all user uploads are displayed. I this what you are looking for ?
    This is a nice feature to quickly get to their channel page video list. This is the page that is likely best to have the author's channel banner show up on in a fixed position up top too, allowing their video list to scroll while their banner stays put ;-). Maybe then, a hard press on their banner can bring up their Channel's 'Discussion', 'About', 'Channel Search', 'Browse/Feed', their website link (if they added one to their banner) in the context menu for this page to access those too .
    09-11-13 10:02 AM
    thanks again BB10QNX, I'll take care your suggestion
    BB10QNX likes this.
    09-11-13 10:25 AM
    I think with all this good descriptions I'll give my support and go for it!

Posted via CB10
    BB10QNX and lildeimos like this.
    09-11-13 10:57 AM
    Totally missed it! Thanks. That's what I was looking for! Could u also reply to thread regarding the error I receive on the download manager dnt want to hijack this thread for that app

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 02:29 PM
    I keep getting the attached error when I start it up.

Super2 for YouTube-img_00000379.png

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 11:12 AM
    Hi bobo616, can you send me an email ( lil.deimos at gmail.com ) with the OS version, if you recentrly updated it and if when you purchased the app you have got some throubles ? Also are welcome any other infos, for example if the app fully work after that message (ie you can sign in into Youtube).
    thanks
    09-20-13 11:43 AM
    Hi bobo616, can you send me an email ( lil.deimos at gmail.com ) with the OS version, if you recentrly updated it and if when you purchased the app you have got some throubles ? Also are welcome any other infos, for example if the app fully work after that message (ie you can sign in into Youtube).
    thanks
    Hi, sorry I can't get to my email at the moment but my OS is 10.1.0.4633 . I didn't have any downloading issues but I haven't upgraded to the full version and I have tried with all permissions apart from bbm, is this essential to work? The app works fine as far as I am aware after the message but I don't sign into YouTube as I don't have an account.
    09-20-13 03:00 PM
    BBM permission shouldn't be the cause of this.
    I read on dev forum that some time ago (with an earlier OS) was a problem related to App World but didn't found any other infos. I am considering to do not let Super to display that error. If someone else has some information about, please tell me
    09-21-13 06:10 AM
    My main beef with FastTube was that it didn't display the top comments in the videos I was watching. Does this YouTube app fix that or not?

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Channel @ C0012477B for BB News, MMA & Tech Updates ]
    09-21-13 12:50 PM
316 123 ...