Hey guys....I bought my Q10 like 2 days ago...everything's been great and I love it but today I tryed listening to some music on it....I started off by using Sony-headphones but a problem occured:

First of all the headphones plug wont go fully into the jack...a tiny part of the metal is showing is what I mean. However, it seems that the pfone doesnt connect properly with the headpfones....it plays music only when I put em in certain position but it's so "fragile" that even the firmest moves can **** it up....so the pfone switches back to speaker mode and pasuses the song.....basicaly what happens is that if you push em in the problem occurs again...if you pull em back up (trying to find the proper position) same stuff happens....there's literaly like a very hard to hit position in which they start working properly.....

However, as I went back home I tryed with the original BB earphones which I got in the box....things got worst -they wont even work ! So pls guys tell me -I believe it's a hardware issue since the connection between the pfone and earphones is obviously ****ed up + I find really fishy that the headset plugin wont go fully into the jack ( I tryed to press it a bit harder but at some point I decided to stop -so I dont break something)......have anybody else experienced such problem ?

I wonder should I go return the device and hope to get it swapped for another/fixed or is it a well-known issue that can be fixed via software update or something ??? Please help ! The pfone doesnt have the leaked 10.0.2 version yet or w/e -it's 2 days old and not yet updated/connected to PC -pls help

thanks in advance ! :X
    08-31-13 04:03 PM
    On the one side of the female jack there is a small spring like strip of metal that holds the headphone jack in place. This should barely be visible. If it's blocking the hole, then it needs to be repaired.

Plugging in the jack should not take a lot of force.
    BIG problem with my Q10 please guys help asap  !-dscn0030-1-.jpg
    opteron7 likes this.
    08-31-13 04:22 PM
    thanks for the reply man -I'm just amazed that it's not a well known issue -seems to be quiet rare one :/

I saw what you talk about but I dont know if that's the issue -plugging in doesnt really take a high ammount of force....just it doesnt plug in entirely like on my Note2 (used to) for example.... :/ I dont know how to describe the problem in more details but I really hope my first post is enough for ppl to understand :/ I'm really upset that I might have to return the pfone to the carrier for a fix or something
    08-31-13 04:55 PM
    Take it back to the store, certainly would not leave it. Get them to have a look rather than attempt to fix it yourself. Most definitely hardware. I would have thought after only a couple of days they would just replace it but then I guess that depends on your location and the store.

Posted from my Z10 with CB10
    08-31-13 05:00 PM
    You should be able to see to the bottom of the hole. Make sure nothing got in there just to save yourself embarrassment before you take it back. I've seen them filled with lint before. Doesn't sound like you've had long enough for that to happen though.
    08-31-13 05:37 PM
    well I cant rly see lots of the bottom of it....it's kinda dark in there :X I'm so annoyed cuz I fell in love with the phone and takin it back for repair or even replacement will mean couple of days without it and I dont even know if I'll get a proper one in exchange -.-
    08-31-13 06:17 PM
    well I cant rly see lots of the bottom of it....it's kinda dark in there :X I'm so annoyed cuz I fell in love with the phone and takin it back for repair or even replacement will mean couple of days without it and I dont even know if I'll get a proper one in exchange -.-
    And if they exchange it have them give you a new phone vs a refurb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    08-31-13 06:41 PM
    I dont know if that'll work out man :/ Thing is Q10 is so rare in my country it wasnt even in store for like 90% of their offices....so I got this one and it was the only one they had -I really dont want them to mess with it (I mean to repair it by cracking it open and so on) so I'd rly preffer em to exchange but who knows if they'll be able to considering how few devices they actualy got....I'm rly annoyed by the whole story -I gave 600euro for it :/
    08-31-13 07:18 PM
    F***ing Bulgarians, they ripped you off

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:26 PM
    U can buy the jack it is very simple to replace

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:26 PM
    Sometimes I find with new devices that it requires more force than I would think would be necessary for the jack to fully engage...until it gets broken in, so to speak.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 12:26 AM
    yea ! It's all fine guys -seems like I had to push it bit harder and it's all good now THE PHONE IS AMZING AND I'M IN LOVE :d <3 thanks for all the help <3
    09-01-13 07:37 AM
    I understand your concern given Q10 is a rare find in your area, but it should not discourage you from returning it to the store and let them fix the problem for you. It is a 2 days old phone, they should solve this problem for you. If you mess around with the phone, then it becomes your responsibility.
    09-01-13 07:56 AM
    From where he is, there is no such thing as returning it to the store, trust me.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 08:49 AM
    Warranty claim with BlackBerry?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    09-01-13 10:31 AM
    Hey guys....I bought my Q10 like 2 days ago...everything's been great and I love it but today I tryed listening to some music on it....I started off by using Sony-headphones but a problem occured:

First of all the headphones plug wont go fully into the jack...a tiny part of the metal is showing is what I mean. However, it seems that the pfone doesnt connect properly with the headpfones....it plays music only when I put em in certain position but it's so "fragile" that even the firmest moves can **** it up....so the pfone switches back to speaker mode and pasuses the song.....basicaly what happens is that if you push em in the problem occurs again...if you pull em back up (trying to find the proper position) same stuff happens....there's literaly like a very hard to hit position in which they start working properly.....

However, as I went back home I tryed with the original BB earphones which I got in the box....things got worst -they wont even work ! So pls guys tell me -I believe it's a hardware issue since the connection between the pfone and earphones is obviously ****ed up + I find really fishy that the headset plugin wont go fully into the jack ( I tryed to press it a bit harder but at some point I decided to stop -so I dont break something)......have anybody else experienced such problem ?

I wonder should I go return the device and hope to get it swapped for another/fixed or is it a well-known issue that can be fixed via software update or something ??? Please help ! The pfone doesnt have the leaked 10.0.2 version yet or w/e -it's 2 days old and not yet updated/connected to PC -pls help

thanks in advance ! :X
    Agreed the build quality of the headphone jack is defective! I can plug my headphone plug in fully and it's fully plugged into the headphone jack. There is no headphone plug showing! You definitely need to bring your phone back and get a new one exchanged fersure

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    09-01-13 09:03 PM
    Hello guys!

I have been recently facing this issue where when I'm putting my headsets it keeps showing me the box when I press the volume button even though I'm not pressing anything. It keeps coming on and off.
    At first I though it's from the headsets, but recently sometimes it continues even when I remove them.
    I tried other headsets but it didn't happen with it.
    And one more issue appeared today, when I'm on a call, the voice outcome shows its out of headsets, even though there is no headsets attached.
    I know I wrote a lot, I'm just trying to describe my issue literally.
    Hence I'm using the new iPhone headsets (I lost my original BBQ10 headsets and they are quite expensive here)
    Can anyone help me with that ASAP?
    Your help will be appreciated.
    Thanks guys.

Twitter: @mohd_fedaa

Twitter: @mohd_fedaa
    09-22-13 03:43 PM
    Had similar problem with my Q10. Went to local ATT and customer service agent took it and plugged the headphone jack all the way. Obviously
    I felt stupid. It didn't go in initially all that well, but now does. Use the headset for long distance calls. Works great now! Good luck.
    09-22-13 04:08 PM
    Thought I had the same issue and realized also you have to plug it in all the way or it may get stuck in a certain "headset state". And if by per chance it does get stuck in any particular mode just power it down. Haven't had the issue since.

Posted from my BB Q10
    09-22-13 10:38 PM