Hey everyone, just was thinking about the release of bbm on android and iOS and it then had me thinking more, why doesn't blackberry put out their own apps on android and iOS?

Google has numerous of their own apps in their playstore, why doesn't bbry put out apps there as well.

Bbry travel, a sports app etc. Although bbry isn't doing well with market share in phones I believe people who were one time bbry customers still like the company, they just weren't able to continue to wait for new phones.

Within the apps bbry could sell advertising and even have a paid version with extra features that would be free for BlackBerry users and iOS and android folks would have to pay a premium for it.

You naysayers will say no one would download them, but I disagree there are literally hundreds of millions of people without a blackberry phone, the apps will be downloaded by people. Seems like at the least they could at least monetize iOS and android users.

Maybe bbm is the jumping off point for that but I see this as an opportunity to keep business churning, and then perhaps if an app takes off it may actually draw people to blackberry.

Thoughts?
    08-31-13 10:47 AM
    Where is Scrapbook for BB10?
    08-31-13 10:53 AM
    Where is Scrapbook for BB10?
    oh don't start pulling at threads like that lol, the whole thing will unravel
    08-31-13 10:54 AM
    BlackBerry pounds the drum about productivity so put out apps that do that. Yes it would be nice to just have these users for themselves but until that happens why not make money off of the other platforms.

If nothing else it gets the blackberry name out there to people who may mot even know the company.
    08-31-13 11:04 AM
    Hey everyone, just was thinking about the release of bbm on android and iOS and it then had me thinking more, why doesn't blackberry put out their own apps on android and iOS?
    Which apps would these be? Blackberry barely makes any apps for BB10, nevermind other platforms...

In contrast, look how many apps Nokia self-publishes for WP. It puts BB to shame.
    08-31-13 11:15 AM
    Which apps would these be? Blackberry barely makes any apps for BB10, nevermind other platforms...

In contrast, look how many apps Nokia self-publishes for WP. It puts BB to shame.
    Pretty sure this is my point. Hire developers to make bb apps then release them to other platforms.
    08-31-13 11:20 AM
    BlackBerry Travel would do well. Maybe also the remember app. And, if it's all going downhill anyway, the Camera App with Time Shift.

Posted via CB10. Follow Nerds On Site, your technology partners world wide, on BBM Channels: C001227C4
    08-31-13 11:21 AM
    Return on investment.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:08 PM
    Could be a good idea. If they can't get android apps in BlackBerry or Google play for that matter, get BlackBerry World on Android! Sell up the built for/by BlackBerry section as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:25 PM
    Time shift is mow owned by Nokia I believe because the bought the company that created it..

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 12:54 PM
    Time shift is mow owned by Nokia I believe because the bought the company that created it..

Posted via CB10
    Time Shift was a Qt thing?

Posted via CB10. Follow Nerds On Site, your technology partners world wide, on BBM Channels: C001227C4
    08-31-13 03:28 PM
    The company that created time shift was purchased by nokia... BlackBerry has an exclusive deal for the time being

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 03:53 PM
    BlackBerry recently patented the whole keyboard deal why not sell it in iOS and android and charge 4.99 or 9.99 for it and make money on it. Who wouldn't buy it? Word would spread fast.
    09-01-13 12:21 AM
    BlackBerry recently patented the whole keyboard deal why not sell it in iOS and android and charge 4.99 or 9.99 for it and make money on it. Who wouldn't buy it? Word would spread fast.
    I've thought about that too... would be worth to test it out and see how well it sells, maybe a free trial first...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Siya10; 09-01-13 at 06:32 AM.
    09-01-13 06:18 AM
    BlackBerry Travel would do well.
    BlackBerry Travel is just a BlackBerry-branded front-end for WorldMate, which already has apps on all the other platforms.

WorldMate - Travel Smart. Organize your itinerary and book your travel on iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone
    JamesPtheNerd likes this.
    09-01-13 03:16 PM
    I could be wrong, but without a flow feature, it might not do as well.
    09-01-13 03:37 PM
    iOS and Android do not need Blackberry's apps. I love blackberry but they can barely make decent apps for their own platform.
    09-03-13 05:53 PM