After having both the Z and Q since their launches, and deciding that the Q would be my main driver, the Z has been left mainly untouched for most of the day for a while now.

So last night I came to a touch decision that it was time to part company with my Z forever, while the price is still up there (seeing as it's starting to drop now)

With a heavy heart I clicked the sell button on the recycling site, and popped it in the post this morning.

I have enjoyed my time with the Z and glad I got the chance to experience one long term, rather than just taking people's options on it. Its still an amazing handset, and it's keyboard second to none. Sadly it just doesn't tick all the boxes to stay in my posession.

Will be holding onto the Q for a long time yet though

Posted from my Q10
    Alex_Hong and udik like this.
    08-29-13 08:55 AM
    Good luck. Hope you get what you're asking.
    08-29-13 08:59 AM
    Good luck. Hope you get what you're asking.
    Thanks, 'got' all past tense now haha
    Can't be bothered selling to another person, always so much drama. So selling via a recycling company.

Funds the new venture

Posted from my Q10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-29-13 09:09 AM
    Thanks, 'got' all past tense now haha
    if so, remember to update your signature here :-P
    JK, maybe we will meet in the Z30 forum in the future.
    08-29-13 09:12 AM
    if so, remember to update your signature here :-P
    JK, maybe we will meet in the Z30 forum in the future.
    Haha just for you, it's done
    As for the Z30, highly unlikely at this point. Really doesn't float my boat so to speak.

The Z's replacement, dare I say is a Nexus 4, which is just an affordable stop gap for the time being, but one that fits nicely into the role required.

Posted from my Q10
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    08-29-13 09:30 AM
    have the Z and it's going above and beyond the call of duty as my mobile phone but a voice in my head keeps saying that the Q will complete me. Haven't played around with one yet though. I miss the keyboard/shortcuts. I guess I'll wait till the prices drop
    Snazy likes this.
    08-29-13 09:48 AM
    have the Z and it's going above and beyond the call of duty as my mobile phone but a voice in my head keeps saying that the Q will complete me. Haven't played around with one yet though. I miss the keyboard/shortcuts. I guess I'll wait till the prices drop
    The Q is the complete package for me, but know its not the same for everyone out there, as some need bigger screens. Definitely worth a try though, as its a lovely phone. As is the Z, I haven't sold it because I dont like it, but more because I don't use it.
    The Nexus however will get more use because of the OS, and having Google Now in my pocket, with a native Spotify app running, and a few other bits will make for a better phone for me.

But NOTHING can replace the keyboard of my mighty Q10
    08-29-13 11:06 AM
    Oh, and welcome to Crackberry
    08-29-13 11:07 AM
    Ouch. Recycling company. That must not have been pretty.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 11:24 AM
    Ouch. Recycling company. That must not have been pretty.

Posted via CB10
    The way I see it, for the price I got (which is not bad) I dont have to pay sellers fees, get messed about by scammers, worry that someone is going to complain about the 1mm scratch I didnt notice or list.... Instead I get my money hassle free 2 days later from a trusted buyer

Its probably not the highest I could have got for it, but as the Z10 is under �300 SIM free now, NEW... A second hand one would sell for what �220-230 at best... Minus selling fees, paypal, shipping.. Works out about the same, just a lot less stress.

Each to their own, but its my preference and has been for quite some time.
    08-29-13 11:47 AM
    In fact, CarphoneWarehouse now selling SIM free at �259. So I am actually surprised I got as much as I did from a recycling place. Not that im complaining. But the value of the Z10 is dropping out now with the arrival of the Z30 expected some time soon.

In reality with the retail new being �260, I would say that the value of a used on right now is probably heading sub �180 fast. And like I say, factor in all the other bits inc problems with the buyer.... I did well lol
    08-29-13 11:52 AM
    I'll give you 10 billion Zimbabwe dollars for it. I've been trying to get rid of them for a few years now.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    Daytona123 likes this.
    08-29-13 11:55 AM
    My carrier is now offering the Q10. Wondering myself if I should have waited. My last phone was all touch. But testing a Q10 reminded me of how much easier it is to hold a QWERTY. You can keep your hands on the keyboard and just not press the button for firmer and more comfortable grip.

Posted from my Zed 10
    08-29-13 11:56 AM
    Glad your still staying strong with the Q10 and not completely ditching Blackberry.
    08-29-13 12:15 PM
    My carrier is now offering the Q10. Wondering myself if I should have waited. My last phone was all touch. But testing a Q10 reminded me of how much easier it is to hold a QWERTY. You can keep your hands on the keyboard and just not press the button for firmer and more comfortable grip.

Posted from my Zed 10
    The Q and the keyboard is still the hands down winner for me, sure not ready to give up my buttons totally any time yet. So I will remain in the BlackBerry folds for some time yet.

I like having a touch device in my life, Playbook and Note 8 already, and the Nexus to replace the Z. But as a day to day device for hammering out messages and emails, the Q remains king for me.
    08-29-13 12:24 PM
    I'll give you 10 billion Zimbabwe dollars for it. I've been trying to get rid of them for a few years now.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    Haha great example of what I mean.

Posted from my Q10
    08-29-13 12:28 PM
    The Q is the complete package for me, but know its not the same for everyone out there, as some need bigger screens. Definitely worth a try though, as its a lovely phone. As is the Z, I haven't sold it because I dont like it, but more because I don't use it.
    The Nexus however will get more use because of the OS, and having Google Now in my pocket, with a native Spotify app running, and a few other bits will make for a better phone for me.

But NOTHING can replace the keyboard of my mighty Q10
    My reasoning for finally settling on the Z was forcing myself to just try something new and not remain stuck in my ways. And in my opinion, the Z just looks better. One thing that made me so impatient about getting rid of my 9900 was the small screen, so when I got my z10 I was instantly smitten, but the longer I use my Z, the more I miss a keyboard. I've always known that touchscreen keyboards weren't for me (this is my first) but I was hoping BB could turn me around. Don't get me wrong the touchscreen keyboard is SUPERB and I'm sure no other device can touch it but... there's nothing like a BB physical keyboard. I LOVE the screen real estate but I will give it up for a keyboard. I'm just nervous, that the Q will give me that "small screen feeling" I was getting with my 9900. But all in all, it's not a major pressing issue. The Z is so productive and I can honestly say I love it. I'm just a girl that doesn't know what she wants, that's usually how it goes lol.

And thanks for the welcome, I've always been lurkin' around I just finally made a profile. BB10 got me excited about being a BB consumer again

Oh, and I've played around with a Nexxus before and that phone totally impressed me. Way more than any Galaxy ever did so good luck with that
    awindsr likes this.
    08-29-13 12:45 PM
    I think you are zany for using the recycling site, but hey, laziness has its virtues.

I bought my z with the complete intention of selling it when I got my hands on a q. I got my hands on the q, and sold it. The z has turned me into a believer.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 01:20 PM
    I hear ya, I feel the exact same way about the Z, it really changed my mind about touch screen phones. It was my first serious attempt at having a touchscreen for a main phone. But like you, the more I used it, the more I missed my buttons, and when the Q was launched, I had to have one.
    Since I got the Q I have hardly touched the Z, and mainly used it to tether my Note 8 to. So now was the time to get rid.

As for the screen size, I did a thread about this a long time ago when the Q launched, and there was much debate. If you game, or watch lots of vids, the Z is the right phone.
    Email, BBM etc more, the Q is the one.

As for the Nexus, yeah a few friends have them and love them. Will do as my pocket buddy for a while for sure

Lol @ a girl that doesn't know what she wants, well I guess I'm the guy that doesn't know either! Haha.

My reasoning for finally settling on the Z was forcing myself to just try something new and not remain stuck in my ways. And in my opinion, the Z just looks better. One thing that made me so impatient about getting rid of my 9900 was the small screen, so when I got my z10 I was instantly smitten, but the longer I use my Z, the more I miss a keyboard. I've always known that touchscreen keyboards weren't for me (this is my first) but I was hoping BB could turn me around. Don't get me wrong the touchscreen keyboard is SUPERB and I'm sure no other device can touch it but... there's nothing like a BB physical keyboard. I LOVE the screen real estate but I will give it up for a keyboard. I'm just nervous, that the Q will give me that "small screen feeling" I was getting with my 9900. But all in all, it's not a major pressing issue. The Z is so productive and I can honestly say I love it. I'm just a girl that doesn't know what she wants, that's usually how it goes lol.

And thanks for the welcome, I've always been lurkin' around I just finally made a profile. BB10 got me excited about being a BB consumer again

Oh, and I've played around with a Nexxus before and that phone totally impressed me. Way more than any Galaxy ever did so good luck with that

Posted from my Q10
    08-29-13 02:21 PM
    As is the Z, I haven't sold it because I dont like it, but more because I don't use it.
    Seems like a perfectly logical reason to me. Good luck. Hope what you get meets your needs.
    08-29-13 02:23 PM
    I think you are zany for using the recycling site, but hey, laziness has its virtues.

I bought my z with the complete intention of selling it when I got my hands on a q. I got my hands on the q, and sold it. The z has turned me into a believer.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, there is 50 difference between the price of a new one and the price I got for mine. If I put it on ebay, even in great condition, after all the fuss was done with I would be lucky to get the same amount. Maybe if I was lucky, I would come out 10 better off.
    For the hassle that is ebay, I will happily lose that ten pounds for a simple and quick transaction.

The Z turned me into someone who believes there is hope for touchscreens and me, and if the day comes when buttons are no more, I am ready. Til then, I'm buttons and recycling sites all the way.

Posted from my Q10
    Acidwire likes this.
    08-29-13 02:24 PM
    Seems like a perfectly logical reason to me. Good luck. Hope what you get meets your needs.
    I like it when my logic is logical to others
    With the new price bombing, it made sense to get rid now, if indeed I was ever going to.
    I'm sure the Nexus will fit the gap for now, but still have the Q to keep me sane.

Posted from my Q10
    08-29-13 02:26 PM
    Heres a little fun for you... How much will this Z10 end for? 18 hours left, 3 bids, currently 122.
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...EARCH&nid=null

Will it sell for more or less than I got through the recycling site for mine?

Posted from my Q10
    08-29-13 02:33 PM
    How much did you get for the z10? Just wondering what the recycling price is in usa/canada.

Posted via Z10
    08-29-13 02:36 PM
    How much did you get for the z10? Just wondering what the recycling price is in usa/canada.

Posted via Z10
    I got my quote a week ago before the prices started dropping more, so got 203
    Its not what they cost new, but then I didn't pay for mine.
    Plus it perfectly covers the Nexus, so it's just like swapping it.

Posted from my Q10
    08-29-13 02:43 PM
49 12