Is anyone else running a sideloaded version of Podtrapper on their BB10 device? I recently sideloaded it onto my brand new Z10, and am having some trouble inputting my registration code. I know there hasn't been much support from Versatile Monkey over the past year or so, but according to what the developer says, my old registration code from when I bought the app for BB should ostensibly work on an Android version. However, when I go into the app on my Z10, I can get all the way to the registration screen (settings --> registration settings), but there is no way to input any data. I have tried tapping around the screen, trying to bring up the keyboard but nothing happens. I can see my PIN, and an empty space after "registration code" but for the life of me there is no way to actually enter the code. For that matter, going back to my 9860 to play around and see if I was missing anything -- that being a phone with actual buttons on it --, I couldn't make any changes to where the code was entered on that screen either. There, the code is already entered, and I can place a cursor on it, but when I type it doesn't make any changes to the number on the screen. Am I just missing something? Obviously I entered something on the Torch at one point (unless it filled in automatically from a backup; the Z10 is the first phone where I couldn't do a straight device switch using Desktop Software) and used the same reg code through three different BB4-BB7 devices. But on BB10 I can't seem to get it working.

I know I could just re-add all my podcasts, but that would take a while and presumably being unregistered would mean it would eventually ask me to pay again, right?

Any insight would be appreciated.
    08-28-13 08:59 PM
    Right. This probably means you can't use the app as you can't register it. Why not use podcasts? It works well and is a native app. Pod trapper used to be my favorite but with Bb10 it's pretty much dead to us now.
    08-28-13 09:04 PM
    I just sideloaded Podcast addict. only had it for a day but it is great.
    08-28-13 09:36 PM
    Right. This probably means you can't use the app as you can't register it. Why not use podcasts? It works well and is a native app. Pod trapper used to be my favorite but with Bb10 it's pretty much dead to us now.
    Fair enough. I just had already paid for a "lifetime" registration to Podtrapper, have all of my podcasts and settings already saved there, and like the service, so I didn't see the point in paying for another. But maybe it's time to move on.
    08-28-13 09:59 PM
    For the record, I've installed Podcasts, and it's painfully unfriendly. Can't tell whether an episode is downloaded or streaming, it keeps showing episodes that I've tried to delete, its terribly user interface means you have to scroll through huge thumbnails and big text and the lack of landscape support means you often can't even read the episode title. I really wish Podtrapper was still supported on BB10.
    08-30-13 12:20 AM
    Yup. This is holding up my move to OS10. Listening to podcasts is probably the number 1 thing I do with my phone. And if its a series compromises and work arounds its a huge impact.
    I need:
    1: Skip 30 sec button for ads and titles
    2: Sleep timer
    3: Easy to use
    Right now on OS7 Podtrapper allows me to set my convenience key to skip 30 which is really, REALLY convenient. Changes the whole experience.
    09-04-13 09:54 AM
    I've used Podtrapper on my old Z10 as well as my current Q10. I had the same issue with the registration box that you had on my Z10. It's like there's only an area the width of a fingernail that registers activating that text box... but it is there. Just keep tapping. For some reason, it's not as bad on my Q10, but neither registered a touch anywhere near the borders of the box. It was like there's an invisible border inside of it.

Podtrapper was the first podcast app I ever used. I don't see how anyone uses anything else.
    09-07-13 09:05 PM
    I've used Podtrapper on my old Z10 as well as my current Q10. I had the same issue with the registration box that you had on my Z10. It's like there's only an area the width of a fingernail that registers activating that text box... but it is there. Just keep tapping. For some reason, it's not as bad on my Q10, but neither registered a touch anywhere near the borders of the box. It was like there's an invisible border inside of it.

Podtrapper was the first podcast app I ever used. I don't see how anyone uses anything else.
    Hi, my name is Vinay. I have been using podtrapper on my curve 8320 and then on 9300 for a very long time.
    Now I have moved onto Q10.
    I am finding it very hard to use other podcast apps on my Q10.
    Good to here that you are using podtrapper on your Q10.
    Will you please confirm, if there is keyboard shortcut support for Q10, similar to the shortcuts in old BlackBerry devices.
    Like spacebar for pause/play.
    Q,W,O,P for skip within the track, etc

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 02:01 AM