Have a z10. I have folders in my Gmail that filter emails . For example work emails automatically go to the work folder. For whatever reason. With the z10 it doesn't show up that I have new emails, in that folder. The emails go there but there is no notification that I have new messages.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 08:24 AM
    I was told by my IT department that this is how it works. They could be wrong I guess but they were saying that any filters and rules you have applied to incoming email will effect notifications.
    So unless someone can correct this info, because the email isn't staying in your gmail inbox long enough, it's not going to show as new on your z.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    08-27-13 08:41 AM
    Did you setup that, that folder will sync with you device? By default only draft, inbox, and sent are synced with webmail I believe, I do not have my phone on me to verify which are synced.
    08-27-13 09:26 AM
    This is how I've always had it all set up. With my old bbs it would show up that I had a new message even if it was filtered to a different folder. But not in my main inbox, in the all notifications.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:31 AM
    That is true for legacy Blackberry devices, however BB10 handles IMAP folders differently. With BB10 not all the folders are synced down unlike how outlook would sync all IMAP folders. If you scroll to the bottom of your email account in settings, there’s an option where you can decide which folders should be synchronized.
    08-27-13 12:28 PM
    It's not that it doesn't sync up. It syncs. I'm just not notified when a new email enters that folder. So what I end up doing is going into that folder periodically through the day to check. Its just getting tedious. Wondering if there is a fix for it.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:34 PM
    It's not that it doesn't sync up. It syncs. I'm just not notified when a new email enters that folder. So what I end up doing is going into that folder periodically through the day to check. Its just getting tedious. Wondering if there is a fix for it.

Posted via CB10
    Ah I misunderstood what the issue was.
    08-27-13 02:47 PM
    I believe that this behaviour is by design. I use Gmail filters to move messages from other email addresses into different folders (ie label and archive from the inbox) on gmail. This allows me to have a unified inbox with multiple accounts on my web based gmail and then allow me to have separate accounts on my Z10 so I can reply and send through the different accounts (and the hub is my unified inbox). If I received did not archive I would then either receive double emails or not have the ability to respond from a different account address.

A potential solution for you on Gmail is to apply the filter and label but don't archive. I do receive notification for emails that I have a label filter on. You will need to periodically archive from your gmail inbox....unless BBRY implements a method of archiving from the hub which we had with the BBOS gmail plug-in (along with remote search).
    08-27-13 02:59 PM
    Thank you both for taking the time to reply.
    Jeffawa I will attempt that solution.
    Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 03:05 PM