Hey guys,

I have an unlocked Verizon wireless Q10. How do I set up the mobile hot spot? It says to call my cell phone company. Is there a way around this?

I dont understand why we would have to pay for this extra feature the Samsung S4 and Iphone do this no problem. Is there a work around?
    Last edited by dpoverlord; 08-26-13 at 10:45 PM.
    08-26-13 10:30 PM
    Verizon has a couple options. On an individual plan, it's a monthly fee, and no, there's no cheating them out of their money. On a share everything plan, it's free. Don't know what a single user on share everything gets charged per month minimum.
    08-26-13 10:49 PM
    How do u set it up on a share plan? I have a share plan but I didn't know it was free

WhiteBlackBerryZ10
    08-26-13 11:00 PM
    It's pretty straight forward. Open settings, network connections, mobile hotspot, then just follow along. If you are on a share everything plan, it will warn you of data overage charges. If you aren't on the correct plan, it won't let you set it up till you add hotspot to your plan.
    08-26-13 11:12 PM
    Thats just ridiculous, I have an unlimited plan. There is no hack or workaround this with the rom files? The iphone 4 does this no problem I saw some international blackberries doing it as well.
    08-26-13 11:25 PM
    Search the forums and you'll find your answer. Mainly the OS10 leaked and beta OS section.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 11:48 PM
    Unlike the iPhone, there's security on a BlackBerry that prevents "hacking". You appear to already know this, and need to find another forum, if you want to learn how to scam your service provider. On CrackBerry we don't play that.
    08-26-13 11:51 PM
    I am not scamming, I have UNLIMITED data, why should I have to pay for more features. Blackberry enables it by default. We are all blackberry fans, but Blackberry seems dead set on limiting us on our devices while other devices are more open. When the Iphone, Samsung, all have more apps more portability, more good features; theres a problem.

I have been one of the most loyal and die hard blackberry users. I was stuck with a 9650 and spent FULL Retail price for an "unlocked" blackberry Q10 from Verizon. Now I am only being led to find out that:

A. It's not unlocked
    B. I have to pay more for features other phones have already
    C. I can't even do half of what my Bold 9650 does.

So how am I "Hacking" When I am "asking" I am sorry I do not mean to come off as rude to you BigBadWulf, however when I paid, and have been loyal, there has to be a way to fix things.
    08-27-13 01:13 AM
    Preciate the info

WhiteBlackBerryZ10
    08-27-13 01:14 AM
    We want Hotspot on black berry

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:30 AM
    So how am I "Hacking" When I am "asking" I am sorry I do not mean to come off as rude to you BigBadWulf, however when I paid, and have been loyal, there has to be a way to fix things.
    BigBadWulf hasn't said anything that isn't true, and honestly this isn't BlackBerry's fault. This is an issue you need to take up with Verizon. Their network (and data service), their rules.

I too am a Verizon customer that switched to BB10 (the Z10 and not the Q10), and I also have unlimited access. Through a loophole that I still don't fully understand, I still have unlimited data on my line even though I bought my phone on contract (VZW requires you to sign a new contract to get the carrier discount on any 4G-enabled phones through them), while my second line was converted over to their Share Everything Plan and has 2 GB of data, which she never comes close to fully depleting.

So, on my fiancee's Z10, she could use Mobile Hotspot freely (if she chose to, she really doesn't care since she uses Bridge for her PlayBook anyway) while I'm restricted. But, I am resourceful and took advantage of the knowledge provided by the wonderful community here at CrackBerry, and I edited my escreens settings to grant me access to hotspot. I purposely don't go overboard with it so as to avoid p*$$ing off Verizon.

So in conclusion, what you should get from my lengthy reply is that the ability to gain what you seek is available. The roadblocks in place for a simpler solution are the sole consequence of miscommunication between you and Verizon (i.e. what Android/iOS users can do to circumvent VZW's security measures are essentially hacking.) BigBadWulf isn't to blame and neither is BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-27-13 03:20 AM
    dp, since you've been on VZW with BlackBerries, you should already know what is/isnt possible. No phone with its official OS can hotspot for free. Even a share everything plan isn't truly free. You pay for the data you use. When hotspotting, the data consumed is potentially much higher. It's consuming resources not intended available on your plan, and VZW deserves compensation for it. No different than you would expect to get paid more for extra work you provide.

Here's more info on hotspot tethering:
    Tethering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    08-27-13 06:52 AM
    To those trying to "help" with instructions for workarounds, you are knowingly and willfully assisting in criminal activity. I explore you to cease at once.
    08-27-13 07:02 AM
    To those trying to "help" with instructions for workarounds, you are knowingly and willfully assisting in criminal activity. I explore you to cease at once.
    BigBadwulf, I am sorry if I came off as aggressive as it was late with little sleep and I am just really mad that the 9930 did not work. Of course the Q10 is a great addition and I plan to use it immediately.

I guess in a way I just REALLY do not want to be disappointed with this phone. I want it to do group texting and I want to be able to use all of it's functionality. A part of me is really fed up with Verizon. I am also disappointed that we don't have more apps on the blackberry.

Sounds funny, but when people go ooohhh Blackberry, I tell a made up story of. "Yeah my Iphone was stolen then went back to a blackberry and can't go back. Nothing beats the keyboard" Everyone says, "Yes! I miss my blackberry"

The love is out there for the phone and I am rooting for the underdog, but Blackberry needs to get more apps. We should not have to be the ones to hack it with instagram, etc. Problem is that blackberry follows what the phone companies want and not whats in their best interest. Unfortunately, it is my belief (you are welcome to disagree) that it is one of the singular downfalls of Blackberry.

I.E
    - no more group texting over 10 people
    - Recording of calls
    - App support
    - Wireless hotspot.
    08-28-13 01:57 PM
    You seem to be having a lot of issues dp. Let me give you a thread to read.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...uidelines-113/
    dpoverlord likes this.
    08-28-13 03:16 PM
    You seem to be having a lot of issues dp. Let me give you a thread to read.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-r...uidelines-113/
    I apologized to you and am a bit confused. I do not have issues. I just went ahead and said that RIm should step up their game.

Again, I am sorry if I came off as rude or inconsiderate to you, when you were only trying to help. I just have been very annoyed at Verizon lately as they are swindling their customers for every penny now. The issues I have had with them have nothing to do with you. So... as I said again. I am sorry if I came off rude/inconsiderate to you and if I infringed on the rules. It was neither my goal nor my intention.
    08-28-13 03:25 PM