This is a match made in heaven! BlackBerry can give Samsung an edge in the corporate world and Samsung can bring BlackBerry back from the dead in the mainstream world. Cha-ching!

It ain't EZ being greezy on CBZ
    08-26-13 08:28 PM
    Random thought of the day?

Posted via CB10
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    08-26-13 08:29 PM
    Aha BlackBerry and Samsung-img_00000582.png

08-26-13 08:32 PM
    Free advertising from Samsung? Sounds like a no brainer.

ray689 likes this.
    08-26-13 08:33 PM

Not necessarily. BBM is very popular in Africa. This could be an attempt by Samsung to say, "Hey BlackBerry users, we've got BBM too! Perhaps now's a good time to switch to Samsung."

Having said that, I don't think BBM is going to sway that many users. Now, Samsung does have the marketing dollars to throw around, but it could be possible that they're trying to do BlackBerry a favour. The question is, if that's the case, what does Samsung get in return? Believe me, I'd love to see the two of them work together, but I'm not sure BlackBerry can do that much for Samsung. Sure, BlackBerry has enterprise edge, but what can they do for Samsung without shooting themselves in the foot? The only thing that comes to mind is perhaps Samsung plans to ditch Knox and push BES10 together with BlackBerry, but I doubt it - they've put a lot of effort into Knox.

That only leaves us with one other thing - BlackBerry 10 itself. Could Samsung be looking to license it? If so, then they could benefit from the added brand exposure coming from a cross-platform BBM. But if that's the case, why only Africa? Why not push BBM throughout the rest of the world? Or at least in other areas where it's popular, such as Indonesia or even the UK?

I've excluded the NOC because frankly, I can't think of why Samsung might benefit from using it.

Perhaps some thought has lapsed my mind, but I can't see what BlackBerry could do for Samsung in a partnership. Now if Samsung were to buy BlackBerry, it'd be a different story - you could combine BES10 and Knox into one, and perhaps implement some of BlackBerry's software know-how into Android to help improve security on Samsung devices. But I'm not so sure Samsung is interested in buying the brand either, and even if they were, they wouldn't be making any moves to help the brand until after an acquisition was complete.
    robkd likes this.
    08-26-13 08:51 PM
    I'm just glad bbm will be getting exposure from Samsung. Hopefully that will make more want to use it....especially here in America. it surely would make BBM much more useful for me. I hope it really catches fire and essentially becomes a mini social network on a bigger scale

Posted via CB10
    nademon likes this.
    08-26-13 09:29 PM
    It could be the new Facebook or Twitter. Why not ?

neoberry99 likes this.
    08-27-13 07:38 AM
    Samsung could be just a 'partnership'.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    08-27-13 07:55 AM
    Just looking forward to having more people on BBM.....now if BlackBerry can monetize it.....ya booooy!

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    08-27-13 08:00 AM
    Samsung could be just a 'partnership'.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    Exactly.

08-27-13 08:13 AM
    Samsung just said they are not interested in BB.
    08-27-13 01:47 PM
    Where did they say that?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 01:52 PM
    08-27-13 01:58 PM
    This is a match made in heaven! BlackBerry can give Samsung an edge in the corporate world and Samsung can bring BlackBerry back from the dead in the mainstream world. Cha-ching!

Well OP, your from Winnipeg, and a Jets fan like myself, so I will take it easy on you.

Samsung has no need to partner with BlackBerry. BlackBerry already has to buy parts at a premium from Samsung, hence why BlackBerry devices are looking subpar to newer phones on the market, because they can't afford the prices companies are trying to gouge them for.

KNOX vs BES, clearly BES wins hands down, however KNOX is starting to make some headway as it took too long for BES to go BYOD and allow it on Android and iOS.

And I'll just leave it at that.
    robkd likes this.
    08-27-13 02:02 PM
    Kris you are right and go Jets go! I was only somewhat serious and I don't think BlackBerry is dying like everyone else apparently does but it's crazy how Samsung can basically control the market just because they make the best screens.
    Personally I think it's a great thing for BlackBerry to at least get BBM back to where it needs to be.

Obviously they are rivals, but it does seem a little odd that they would want to work together unless some kind of deal is in the works. Call me crazy but maybe Samsung wants to buy BBM?

08-27-13 04:14 PM
    I saw that this morning in my stock news. Was wondering why nobody bothered to report it here until now.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 04:18 PM
    "This could be an attempt by Samsung to say, "Hey BlackBerry users, we've got BBM too! Perhaps now's a good time to switch to Samsung." - Exacactly!!!
    08-27-13 04:24 PM

free advertisment to take BlackBerry users away
    08-27-13 05:06 PM
    I think the pros outweigh the cons. Free advertising and making bbm useful again vs. Maybe losing a few million renewals to android or Apple.

08-27-13 06:20 PM
    Samsung without android?

No thanks.

Not giving up instagram bro. Too many beautiful women on there.
    08-27-13 10:50 PM
    Samsung without android?

No thanks.

Not giving up instagram bro. Too many beautiful women on there.
    It seems it will happen. Samsung is moving on to Tizen OS and ditching Android. Don't worry you'll have your instagram.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 04:01 PM
    It seems it will happen. Samsung is moving on to Tizen OS and ditching Android. Don't worry you'll have your instagram.

Posted via CB10
    You have factual evidence? I'd like to see. Not speculation. Factual, evidence.
    08-28-13 04:18 PM