I work in the used college textbook business and I have seen so many IPhones in almost every students hands. A few Samsung 3's and every once and a while I see a BB, usually a older model.

I guess most people are like sheep they follow the pack instead of being different.

I think what would be good is to have BB come to college campuses and set up shop to show off their great phones. If you want to get into a market this is one place where they could really make an impact!
    08-26-13 02:35 PM
    I work in the used college textbook business and I have seen so many IPhones in almost every students hands. A few Samsung 3's and every once and a while I see a BB, usually a older model.

I guess most people are like sheep they follow the pack instead of being different.

I think what would be good is to have BB come to college campuses and set up shop to show off their great phones. If you want to get into a market this is one place where they could really make an impact!
    But enough people buy BB then you are not really being different, you would just belong in a smaller herd.
    08-26-13 02:38 PM
    But enough people buy BB then you are not really being different, you would just belong in a smaller herd.
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry! I think his point was to sell more blackberry phones they ought to come to college campuses.
    LP_Rigg and H_O_Boomaye like this.
    08-26-13 02:42 PM
    Exactly what I see on campus and the bus rides back and fourth to school. Everyone, I mean everyone including professors, has iPhones. My campus also has apps made for the iPhone and Android to fuel the students into purchasing those devices. I did send an email to the IT department about the possibility to develop an app for BB10 but no response back from them. Its a crying shame.

I like your idea of setting up a little kiosk in the campuses, that can have a real impact on the masses that go through the campus doors daily.
    08-26-13 02:45 PM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry! I think his point was to sell more blackberry phones they ought to come to college campuses.
    Thanks. I was just responding to his 2nd paragraph.
    08-26-13 02:49 PM
    I think this would really have an impact and if they would set up their vans with hot chicks and hot guys like me, lol.

People today and including kids think the IPhone is cool and the gaget to have.

Im working on the UT Austin campus this week at the CO-OP Bookstore. Anyone on campus that reads this come by with their BB. Im on the 3rd floor.
    08-26-13 02:51 PM
    Nothing against the OP and not to derail the thread because it is a good idea...but why do they have to be sheep just because they have a iPhone? I'm just saying that at this point they simply don't want a BlackBerry.

Coming to campus to promote their devices would be a good idea but even then, I think it would be tough to convert people.

Posted via CB10
    21stNow, bekkay, LewLew23 and 13 others like this.
    08-26-13 02:54 PM
    I agree with the OP, I walk around my college and all I see is crApple products everywhere. I also think BlackBerry needs to get out there and pound the pavement and put these devices in people's hands so people can see and feel BB10. It's like those Pepsi taste tests. I'm sure a lot of people might actually prefer the sweet taste of BlackBerry over sour Apple. But first you have to get them to try it. :-D

Sent from the Bat Cave using CB forums
    08-26-13 02:55 PM
    People today and including kids think the IPhone is cool and the gaget to have.
    It's also due to the fact that there are a lot of educational apps available for the iPhone/iPad, both from the schools and third party offerings.
    08-26-13 02:55 PM
    Trust me students I see and talk to dont study. College is just an excuse to party and ***** about the cost of books and never the cost of tuition! As long as they have all the cool stuff like the IPhone and tennis shoes purses.

Trust me college students are sheep, most of them. Ive been doing this for 12 years and I have seen a lot
    08-26-13 03:00 PM
    Why are they so many threads about iPhone here? Then when an iPhone owner joins in they are a troll. And of course none is complete without sheep crApple and herds being brought up.

That might work OP IF they could show them that they can still use their apps that they need.
    08-26-13 03:02 PM
    Trust me students I see and talk to dont study.
    Then, I assume they don't last long at college.

Also, whether they are sheep or not is irrelevant - they choose what they know works based on the usage and recommendations of their friends, seems natural to me. Before you complain that they don't think for themselves and label them as sheep, are all the apps they use on their iPhones for education (or even as entertainment with their friends at parties ) available on other devices???

It's silly to refer to people as sheep if switching devices would mean they lose out...
    08-26-13 03:08 PM
    Good idea, having booths would be sweet

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 03:11 PM
    Trust me students I see and talk to dont study. College is just an excuse to party and ***** about the cost of books and never the cost of tuition! As long as they have all the cool stuff like the IPhone and tennis shoes purses.

Trust me college students are sheep, most of them. Ive been doing this for 12 years and I have seen a lot
    The last time I looked, 60% of those partying sheep where you work were from the top 10% of their graduating class. Next year, only the top 7% of Texas high school graduates are eligible for automatic admission to UT Austin.

I understand that this is a little off-topic but somehow, according to this thread, because are a lot of iPhones on campus, college students must be sheep who are just there to party.

AUSTIN � The University of Texas at Austin in 2014 will limit automatic admission of freshmen to the top 7 percent of high school graduating classes.
    Texas Education Commissioner Michael Williams offers details in a Nov. 1 letter to high school administrators. UT in September notified the Texas Education Agency of its plans.
    Texas law guarantees automatic admission to public universities for seniors graduating in the top 10 percent of their high school classes. The 2009 Legislature modified the law only for UT-Austin.
    UT last year began admitting the top 8 percent of such students. That adjusted to 9 percent this year, leading to a larger-than-usual freshman class of about 8,000.
    UT spokesman Gary Susswein says automatic admissions for such freshmen will be 8 percent next year, then 7 percent for 2014.
    21stNow likes this.
    08-26-13 03:20 PM
    sounds to me more like somebody is primarily pissed at college students in general.
    08-26-13 03:25 PM
    Wow has this gone out of control. I never said UT Austin is a bad school it is one of the best schools in the USA. My son goes to UTSA and that is a great school.

I take it heymaggie you went to UT Austin?

Mention a big University and the fangs come out. Personally I never have seen or gotten caught up in all the You RA RA. I went to UW Oshkosh and its where I got my degree from. I worked and went to school and that is it. No You RA RA for me

My point in this is BB needs to go where their customers can come from and then set up for Spring Break in the big destinations where all the college students go to party!
    clareberry likes this.
    08-26-13 03:27 PM
    No im not pissed at college students but a lot of them think they should get everything for nothing.

Kinda like , im not even going to go there
    08-26-13 03:29 PM

X2. Definitely go show off BBM.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    08-26-13 03:33 PM
    My point in this is BB needs to go where their customers can come from and then set up for Spring Break in the big destinations where all the college students go to party!
    Marketing!!! It's all about that dame marketing...

I mean Apple for example has a pretty good spot. One of the questions that come up when you go to college is for example "what kind of computer is the best for my needs" ...and I must admit that I choose the Apple MacBook because of many reasons over the Windows environment. Probably I'm not the best example for an "heavy weight Apple user" because I'm still using the same MacBook, which is now about 5 years old (*sheeps* or what ever you call that stereotype usally buys a new one on release date) BUT since then, Apple caught my attention. It just felt natural to buy an iPhone as well. Everything just plays along smoothly.

That's their advantage.
    helio9965 likes this.
    08-26-13 03:34 PM
    I agree Stephen Cooper. Get the BlackBerry name out in front of the students and instructors.

Show off BB verses the other guys. College students like easy and BB10 is easy and cool

Yes Marketing is so Key!
    08-26-13 03:35 PM

Okay, I am going to just accept that a college graduate who is employed selling second-hand books on a college campus is the go to guy when trying to understand the thinking and psychology of college students.
    08-26-13 03:37 PM
    The last time I looked, 60% of those partying sheep where you work were from the top 10% of their graduating class. Next year, only the top 7% of Texas high school graduates are eligible for automatic admission to UT Austin.

I understand that this is a little off-topic but somehow, according to this thread, because are a lot of iPhones on campus, college students must be sheep who are just there to party.

AUSTIN — The University of Texas at Austin in 2014 will limit automatic admission of freshmen to the top 7 percent of high school graduating classes.
    Texas Education Commissioner Michael Williams offers details in a Nov. 1 letter to high school administrators. UT in September notified the Texas Education Agency of its plans.
    Texas law guarantees automatic admission to public universities for seniors graduating in the top 10 percent of their high school classes. The 2009 Legislature modified the law only for UT-Austin.
    UT last year began admitting the top 8 percent of such students. That adjusted to 9 percent this year, leading to a larger-than-usual freshman class of about 8,000.
    UT spokesman Gary Susswein says automatic admissions for such freshmen will be 8 percent next year, then 7 percent for 2014.
    I agree with OP, blindly following anything is an attribute of a sheep and anyone buying iPhone at this point, and over paying for it is a sheep.
    08-26-13 03:43 PM
    Okay, I am going to just accept that a college graduate who is employed selling second-hand books on a college campus is the go to guy when trying to understand the thinking and psychology of college students.
    still better than unemployed sheeps.
    stanhanks and maddie1128 like this.
    08-26-13 03:44 PM
    well, he made a couple of points. if that was his main point he could had just left out the stupid sheep part.
    08-26-13 03:46 PM
    I agree with OP, blindly following anything is an attribute of a sheep and anyone buying iPhone at this point, and over paying for it is a sheep.
    Perhaps they are not "blindly following" the crowd when they pick iPhones. Is it possible that they may be making a thoughtful decision? Take, for example, Find My Friends, the free Apple app that allows you to locate your family and friends and agree to share your location with those specific individuals. That would have been great when I was in college. I would have also been interested in all sorts of specialty apps based on what I was studying: engineering, film, language, sciences, etc.
    08-26-13 03:49 PM
228 123 ...