Dear All,

After a long strugle, i found out that when my Kaspersky is enabled, i can't access my laptop files through my blackberry Z10. As soon as I disable protection, I am able to browse my files on my laptop through the Z10 normally.

How can I make Kaspersky allow my mobile to connect?
    08-26-13 01:38 PM
    I don't have Kaspersky but there should be setting in the firewall.
    08-26-13 01:43 PM
    i know that of course .. the question is how to do it on Kaskersky? what application or windows service is responsible for that? or is it a network rule?

the weird thing is that when i disable the Kaspersky and connect with my blackberry ... then enable Kaspersky while the Z10 is connected remotely, the Z10 works even if the Kaspersky is running.

there must be some settings for Kaspersky and i was hoping that someone might have actually faced a problem like that and has a solution for it.
    08-26-13 02:00 PM
    i know that of course .. the question is how to do it on Kaskersky? what application or windows service is responsible for that? or is it a network rule?

the weird thing is that when i disable the Kaspersky and connect with my blackberry ... then enable Kaspersky while the Z10 is connected remotely, the Z10 works even if the Kaspersky is running.

there must be some settings for Kaspersky and i was hoping that someone might have actually faced a problem like that and has a solution for it.
    I'm not familiar, specifically, with Kaspersky. Many 3rd party (if not all) firewall/internet security suites have an "automatic" rule generation mode, which, in effect, as I understand it, monitors what you do and "looks" at what is instaled on our machine, and generates specific rules that allow you to do exactly what you are trying to do without firewall intervention.

BitDefender, for example, works this way as well. I say Bitdefender, as I AM familiar with how theirs works. Often times, this "automatic learning" function has the ability to be turned on and off.

What I would recommend: Take a look at Kaspersky on-line support, or, google Kapsersky Firewall Rules, and you will find things like this, and this.

If automatic learning is disabled, enable it until you get the firewall to allow it.

IF your firewall is blocking this attempt, there is most likely a firewall log in Kaspersky that will tell you exactly what is blocked. From THAT, you may actually be able to toggle it to "allow" this right THERE, or, at least, garner the info needed to create the rule to allow this to work for you.

Unfortunately, I am not in front of my home machine at the moment. When I get home later, I can look at the rule on my firewall that allows this communication, process name, ports, etc., and tell you what to enable.

Maybe this will help you in the interim. A call to Kaspersky may also assist you in allowing them to help you identify the rule that would allow this to work.
    08-28-13 10:31 AM