Sorry but couldn't find my answer by doing a search for this.

Am I correct that the Storm will allow you to do voice dialing?
    Thanks all.
    10-19-08 02:59 PM
    ya all bb's have voicedial
    10-19-08 03:00 PM
    coming from a Treo...how well does the voice dial work?

Do you actually use it or is it one of those features that sounds cool that you never use?
    10-19-08 03:16 PM
    I use it a lot and works great on curve 8300!
    10-19-08 05:55 PM
    works absolutely great barely makes a mistake
    10-19-08 05:58 PM
    I use it a LOT with the BT headset... it works great - same voicedialing the motos have
    10-19-08 07:38 PM
    Unlike other phones which require some training to voice dial, the VAD engine on the BB is much better.
    10-19-08 09:29 PM
    Got the Storm on Friday and am really liking it. However, I was testing the voice-dialing and it got "stuck" where it would prompt you to speak a name and then it would just sit there and not make the call. I researched this on this forum and apparently some other BB models do this too. The only fix for those models is to take out the battery. I did this and it worked for me.
    11-23-08 09:18 AM
    How do I set voice tags? I can't even find the voice dialing application! Please help - I'm a BB newbie.

Thanks!
    11-23-08 09:41 AM
    Unlike other phones which require some training to voice dial, the VAD engine on the BB is much better.
    I will say winmo has the edge here,you can ask what time is it or play track such and such. Almost all aspects of the phone can be voice controlled.
    11-23-08 09:45 AM
    1. did you have contacts transferred over from another phone?
    If so, you can press the button on the upper left side of the phone - it will then prompt you to say who you want to call. It is very literal, so if your names are entered "Smith, Tom" then you would say it exactly that way.

I have a "button" on my touch screen on the bottom right of the "applications" button on the "turned horizontal" home screen
    11-23-08 01:47 PM
    Got the Storm on Friday and am really liking it. However, I was testing the voice-dialing and it got "stuck" where it would prompt you to speak a name and then it would just sit there and not make the call. I researched this on this forum and apparently some other BB models do this too. The only fix for those models is to take out the battery. I did this and it worked for me.
    I am experiencing the same problem. The voice dial will stick on the initializing screen and becomes unresponsive. You have to pull the battery, then voice dial will work for a number of uses, then locks. Seems like I need to do a battery pull restart every couple of days to keep the phone happy.

Mark
    Ball Ground, GA
    01-22-09 08:12 PM
    Battery pull worked for me too.
    01-25-09 05:23 AM
    I will say winmo has the edge here,you can ask what time is it or play track such and such. Almost all aspects of the phone can be voice controlled.
    id take a Blackberry over a Winmo device any day.....
    01-25-09 05:52 AM
    I have Vlingo as my right convenience key - works, OK. I have only 4 icons on my homescreen - the right most one is the default Voice Dialing - works very well.

Doctor Neutron
    01-25-09 11:33 AM
    You're right, I've been trying to say "Say Time" or "Check Time" when I'm out biking or rollerblading, and it sucks because it doesn't work and I have to stop to pull out the phone.

It doesn't even tell me whose calling so I still have to pull out my phone to see who is calling.
    08-13-09 11:49 AM
    Does anyone know how to 'teach' voice dialing to recognize a pronunciation of a name? my old phone had a recording capability and saved it into contacts. I can't seem to find a way to do that on my Storm. I'd like to not mis-pronounce my wife's name to dial her phone.
    08-19-09 10:43 PM
    Does anyone know how to 'teach' voice dialing to recognize a pronunciation of a name? my old phone had a recording capability and saved it into contacts. I can't seem to find a way to do that on my Storm. I'd like to not mis-pronounce my wife's name to dial her phone.
    You can edit her name to be something else to be able to get it to work.
    08-20-09 11:20 PM
    I say download Vlingo it's voice to everything..text emai & web...theres a free version on funformobile.com
    08-20-09 11:22 PM
    I say download Vlingo it's voice to everything..text emai & web...theres a free version on funformobile.com
    So you can 'teach' Vlingo the correct pronunciation? Thanks!
    08-20-09 11:32 PM
    Can't seem to find it on there..
    08-21-09 08:29 AM
    How do I set voice tags? I can't even find the voice dialing application! Please help - I'm a BB newbie.
    You don't add voice tags. The voice dialing software is powerful enough to map what you say to the textual names of your contacts. Of course, there can be problems if you don't pronounce the name the way it is expecting. Most people just change the spelling so its idea of the pronunciation matches yours.

Options/Voice dialing has the options for this feature. Usually, one of the "convenience" buttons on the side of the phone is mapped to voice-dial. Options/Screen-Keyboard is where this is set up.
    08-22-09 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD