Just did a search but couldn't find anything that helped.

I currently run a Z10, but decided to use my old 9550 (previous phone) on my wifi network for browsing and playing. It connects to my wireless router no problem, but does not want to establish an internet connection. I checked all settings, but cannot find the solution. What am I overlooking? The phone was on VZW. Do Verizon phones only enable an internet connection via wifi when the phone is active on their network? Really love my Z10, but want to keep using my 9550 for surfing if possible. Call me sentimental...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-25-13 09:30 PM
    Forgot to mention, I am able to successfully perform pings.Had no trouble pinging Google, for example. Just can't seem to get a connection through any apps (browser,Google maps, etc)
    08-25-13 09:38 PM
    I can say that the browser needs to be changed to Hotspot Browser. Check your settings. As for google, what google do you mean. Google maps, Gmail Application
    08-25-13 09:43 PM
    Hi. Thanks for the quick reply! I already tried changing the browser to hotspot setting, but that did not appear to change anything. As for your question on which google, if you're asking which google I pinged, it was google.com.
    08-25-13 10:00 PM
    Update: interestingly enough I just discovered that Weatherbug and Pandora work just fine. So there's something up with the browser and Google Maps. Google Maps reports that a data connection is necessary and quickly shuts down. Well, it has a data connection but apparently it ain't gettin' the message!
    08-25-13 10:10 PM
    I was just trying to use my Storm 2 on wifi as well but no go. Any resolution by anyone?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 12:19 AM
    I was just trying to use my Storm 2 on wifi as well but no go. Any resolution by anyone?

Posted via CB10
    You need BIS or BES to use the native browser. However, many 3rd party apps will work with just wifi only, including Opera mini.

I've also found that you can make BBM voice calls over wifi but cannot send or receive messages without service.

Hope this helps.
    12-05-13 06:31 PM
    You need BIS or BES to use the native browser. However, many 3rd party apps will work with just wifi only, including Opera mini.

I've also found that you can make BBM voice calls over wifi but cannot send or receive messages without service.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, Opera Mini isn't working either. Nothing seems to work. But it is definitely connected to the wifi.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 07:06 PM
    Solved: data services were turned off.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 10:27 PM