...what does this mean for BB???

Did BlackBerry develop this??? Did someone hack this??? Lost?!

Will they partner with Google???

I'm assuming Someone's got Answers?

Is this Plan B?

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-24-13 11:16 PM
    Take a breath dude. BlackBerry just made it easier to run android apps. Nothing is really different and nothing is going to change.

Posted via CB10 on a kick *** Q10
    ray689 and shahyaz like this.
    08-24-13 11:17 PM
    Take a breath dude. BlackBerry just made it easier to run android apps. Nothing is really different and nothing is going to change.

Posted via CB10 on a kick *** Q10
    Ummm, I'm not easily excitable but this is pretty big no?

So BlackBerry developed this for 10.2?

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-24-13 11:25 PM
    Ummm, I'm not easily excitable but this is pretty big no?

So BlackBerry developed this for 10.2?

Swiped On My Zed10
    I believe in the latest 10.2 leaks the runtime was in safe mode, I'm not sure if it is this state in 10.1 or previous.
    However, this leaked runtime is not in safe mode, from what I understand.
    08-24-13 11:31 PM
    Well, a lot more sideloaded Android apps can run on BB10 now that this is out...It's a good thing, right?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 11:50 PM
    Well, a lot more sideloaded Android apps can run on BB10 now that this is out...It's a good thing, right?

Posted via CB10
    No question, but if BlackBerry developed this I would think they would have to have some kind of agreement with Google???

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-25-13 12:13 AM
    I have no idea and neither would I try to guess why...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 12:18 AM
    Hey guess what, just cause something leaks, doesn't make your a arm chair ceo and start sending out speculations

Posted via Q10 running 10.2.0.xxxx | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    08-25-13 01:57 AM
    Hey guess what, just cause something leaks, doesn't make your a arm chair ceo and start sending out speculations

an*

douevenCB10?
    08-25-13 02:27 AM

Agree with that Kris. I just dont understand why this thread had to be made in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 04:36 AM
    Perhaps the op was speculating on BlackBerry going all in with android, the much vaunted "plan b" and all that..? I'm just speculating here?

My take is that this makes life a lot easier and... it's a leak. unofficial. Have fun!

Who know, the final 10.2 might have the runtime removed. You never know!

(I hope that doesn't happen!!!)

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    08-25-13 06:20 AM
    Perhaps the op was speculating on BlackBerry going all in with android, the much vaunted "plan b" and all that..? I'm just speculating here?

My take is that this makes life a lot easier and... it's a leak. unofficial. Have fun!

No matter, you can just sideload the runtime. That's how you install this unlocked Android runtime in the first place. It would not mean anything if changes were made to the final 10.2 , you would be able to sideload it anytime.
    08-25-13 06:56 AM
    That is an aspect of bb10 I am really impressed with - the ability to sideload to rectify and amend the os. When the black calender was removed: sideload. Sure, it might be older and not have functionality or whatever - at least there's a choice.

Kudos to everyone getting these leaks out there! :-)

08-25-13 07:44 AM
    an*

douevenCB10?
    Damn this needs a auto grammar checker for those drunk nights

08-25-13 09:03 AM
    Agree with that Kris. I just dont understand why this thread had to be made in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    Last time I checked this was a CrackBerry fan site? Speculation of what is happening with the company is debated and discussed!

In my opinion this is a big development that didn't have a topic started! I was trying to get some answers not be an armchair CEO!

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-25-13 11:35 AM

Well my thinking was that Android would be more incorporated with BB10, making it a more hybrid os! Maybe resolving the App gap faster! Not that it's right or wrong, just looking for answers.

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-25-13 11:38 AM
    Just got 10.2 on my Q10 and this made my night last night. I couldn't believe it. I did it first thing in the morning and threw the latest Instagram on and it is amazing and so fast! I only have one problem. I don't like the permanent back button bar. Teach people to use the Back button swipe OR people should be able to figure the swipe down for options (which on Android apps means the back button) is the same on all apps throughout. Having it permanent is a huge mistake. I'm not enjoying Instagram on 1/3 of my screen. I'm sure it's not as bad on a Z10 but that is a serious oversight. Still 10.2 is a huge change and runs beautifully. I don't think some of us realize how much better BB10 has become. And to think I would have been happy on 10.1. Can't go back. Looking forward to 10.3. Lol.
    08-25-13 12:07 PM
    No question, but if BlackBerry developed this I would think they would have to have some kind of agreement with Google???

Swiped On My Zed10
    Open source perhaps

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 01:46 PM
    BB's strategy being fulfilled. Have to admit, they were/are adamant about this feature in the OS and here it is. Keeping their word. Thus adds a ton of value to the platform and to the ecosystem. What other platform can run its own and the competition's app?

Go BB!

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers and QuickDime like this.
    08-25-13 02:36 PM
    Listen, Google frameworks and services are still blocked even on the unlocked runtime. That is the only requirement to use android and not have to contribute back to the android open source project. The runtime was previously in safe mode due to BlackBerry having security concerns, apparently they have overcome those and so it's not in

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 02:44 PM

Kris+

With the direction that BlackBerry is taking regarding seemingly full use of Android apps, how will this fair to the security for both consumer and corporate (to a lesser extent due to IT lockdown) bb10 devices, for the outsider looking to goto bb10?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 08-26-13 at 01:30 PM.
    08-25-13 02:56 PM
    Damn this needs a auto grammar checker for those drunk nights

You did that on purpose this time -.-

douevenCB10?
    Last edited by Djlatino; 08-25-13 at 11:19 PM.
    08-25-13 10:55 PM
    You did that on purpose this time -.-

douevenCB10?

08-25-13 11:44 PM
    Just got 10.2 on my Q10 and this made my night last night. I couldn't believe it. I did it first thing in the morning and threw the latest Instagram on and it is amazing and so fast! I only have one problem. I don't like the permanent back button bar. Teach people to use the Back button swipe OR people should be able to figure the swipe down for options (which on Android apps means the back button) is the same on all apps throughout. Having it permanent is a huge mistake. I'm not enjoying Instagram on 1/3 of my screen. I'm sure it's not as bad on a Z10 but that is a serious oversight. Still 10.2 is a huge change and runs beautifully. I don't think some of us realize how much better BB10 has become. And to think I would have been happy on 10.1. Can't go back. Looking forward to 10.3. Lol.
    Agreed. The permanent back-bar MUST be made optional for Q10 screen size at least. Let me pin/un-pin it, please.
    08-26-13 01:15 AM
    Agreed. The permanent back-bar MUST be made optional for Q10 screen size at least. Let me pin/un-pin it, please.
    Agreed - the screen real estate is compromised as it is (a good compromise, seeing as we have a brilliant keyboard!)

08-26-13 06:52 AM
29 12