Q10 using what's app 2.11.1
    SIM card contacts are listed under contacts and favorites but that is it. LinkedIn, work, etc contacts do not show up.
    Permissions are set correctly. I have reinstalled as well as reinstalled with a restart in the middle.
    I have a ton of contacts so I can't just move them to the SIM.
    Any suggestions for how I can get it working again?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 06:34 PM
    I too have same problem, I have my contacts sync with Gmail, but some of these contacts had FB, Twitter or BBM linked in them & their names do not show in Whatsapp. Was working fine earlier to the Voice chat update version.

Help is appreciated , whatsapp people don't reply this time... earlier they used to respond atleast with auto reply.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 04:06 AM
    Sounds like maybe they have introduced a bug? Has anyone tried contacting them directly?

WhatsApp :: Contact
    08-26-13 09:53 AM
    Got that problem too. Pretty fustrated

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 10:34 AM
    3rd party apps on BlackBerry 10 do not have access to contact data from "social" sources (or from the work profile, in some cases). This is not a bug with WhatsApp, and there is nothing we can do about it. There aren't many other 3rd party apps which depend so heavily on accurate contact information from the address book, so people normally do not notice this issue until using our app. The best workaround is to make sure that the contact data you care about is also available via non-social sources (e.g. local address book, non-social account /w contacts data, SIM card contacts, etc).
    08-26-13 12:59 PM
    3rd party apps on BlackBerry 10 do not have access to contact data from "social" sources (or from the work profile, in some cases). This is not a bug with WhatsApp, and there is nothing we can do about it. There aren't many other 3rd party apps which depend so heavily on accurate contact information from the address book, so people normally do not notice this issue until using our app. The best workaround is to make sure that the contact data you care about is also available via non-social sources (e.g. local address book, non-social account /w contacts data, SIM card contacts, etc).
    This was working fine with earlier version and now I have all these contacts on Gmail sync, yet I don't see names of many contacts. I have edited most of the social contacts so the Gmail sync contacts names would be visible, but after reboot I again don't see the names.
    08-27-13 11:05 PM
    This was working fine with earlier version and now I have all these contacts on Gmail sync, yet I don't see names of many contacts. I have edited most of the social contacts so the Gmail sync contacts names would be visible, but after reboot I again don't see the names.
    This is a problem I've reproduced as well, though only on as-yet-unreleased versions of 10.2 (which many in these forums appear to be running leaks or hybrids of). What's happening is that when we ask for the list of all contacts in the address book (which happens after a reboot), certain Gmail contacts are absent from that list. However, when those contacts are later updated, we do get notified of it. This would explain the behavior you are seeing.

Hopefully these sorts of issues will be resolved when 10.2 is actually publicly released. Though if not, we will at least try to implement a workaround.
    08-28-13 11:26 AM
    I had this problem, and still have it everytime I restart my phone. All my contacts are synced with my hotmail account and do show up in the whatsapp contact list. Except for the contacts that have social accounts to them. They show up but with no display name. One way to resolve this is to try and figure out whos that contact in whatsapp from their display picture (if your lucky and they have their photo as dp) theb finding that contact in your contact list, click edit, then save and now you should be able to see the name of that contact.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 12:39 PM
    This is a problem I've reproduced as well, though only on as-yet-unreleased versions of 10.2 (which many in these forums appear to be running leaks or hybrids of). What's happening is that when we ask for the list of all contacts in the address book (which happens after a reboot), certain Gmail contacts are absent from that list. However, when those contacts are later updated, we do get notified of it. This would explain the behavior you are seeing.

Hopefully these sorts of issues will be resolved when 10.2 is actually publicly released. Though if not, we will at least try to implement a workaround.
    Any idea why it works from my Z10 but not my Q10? Everything appears to be the same.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-13 08:02 PM
    Now I find if you post any pic it videos to a contact or a group directly from file manager, whatsapp stops showing in the HUB and have to reinstall Whatsapp.

Any one face problems with Whatsapp not showing in the HUB

Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Z10 on Vodafone, Gujarat, India Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1323
    08-28-13 09:22 PM