So I'm in Chicago for the weekend and just popped into an AT&T store to check out the BlackBerry display as I wanted to see how the placement of the devices is - I've heard the horror stories of how bad it is so wanted to see first hand. Little did I know today was the launch of the Moto X and man.....they were having a blast in there. There were reps on site specifically for the launch and had some interesting stuff happening inside. Manicures for women...stations to choose the right colour for your skin tone, a lot of female centric activities. they had raffles and cool prizes being given away, I thought they did a great job of creating buzz....even outside the store they had a photo booth set up for people passing by.

I did manage to eventually find the BlackBerry display...buried deep in the back corner if the store...no signage or anything.

.....on my LE Z10
    08-23-13 06:11 PM
    That's very sad. I went on the AT & T site to "browse" smart phones just to see where the Z or Q might be placed on the page. I eventually found both - way down on the page. What shocks me is that BlackBerry was the ONLY one with physical keyboards available. I will be soooo screwed if physical keyboard goes away. I cannot type on a touch screen.
    08-23-13 07:49 PM
    That's very sad. I went on the AT & T site to "browse" smart phones just to see where the Z or Q might be placed on the page. I eventually found both - way down on the page. What shocks me is that BlackBerry was the ONLY one with physical keyboards available. I will be soooo screwed if physical keyboard goes away. I cannot type on a touch screen.
    Yup physical keyboard is the best for me

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1323
    08-23-13 08:56 PM
    It isn't sad. That'll be how application introduces the new IPhone and how they intro the G2. It's how BlackBerry should have done it also. Go big or go home.
    08-23-13 10:31 PM
    It isn't sad. That'll be how application introduces the new IPhone and how they intro the G2. It's how BlackBerry should have done it also. Go big or go home.
    That's what I meant by "that's sad". It's sad BlackBerry didn't do all that stuff.

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    08-23-13 10:40 PM
    Thats funny I happened into a AT&T store today to talk about uverse and lo and be hold there was a beautiful set up for the moto-x. Not nearly as elaborate as you have mentioned with the nail things. Anyways the rep was walking me around showing me all the great phones and we finally came up to a corner and I found the Z and Q. I asked the rep if he liked them and he said no. He proceeded to tell me that he had never used the Q but they had a 3 day training class and he thought it was hard to learn how to use, also that blackberry wasn't so popular any longer. He was a younger guy so I imagine when he was in his teens when the iphone and androids were marching their way to the top. It appears to me that no matter how awesome this device is blackberry has a hard way to go to gain some popularity traction with the younger crowd.
    08-23-13 10:50 PM
    He was a younger guy so I imagine when he was in his teens when the iphone and androids were marching their way to the top. It appears to me that no matter how awesome this device is blackberry has a hard way to go to gain some popularity traction with the younger crowd.
    Actually you should take a look at the thread "what's your age" or "how old are you". (don't rem the exact name) but I am amazed at how many peops in there are under 30! Many are teens!

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    08-24-13 07:23 AM
    Yeah BlackBerry was Def. Under marketed in there. It was actually funny they had a guy with a mic walking around announcing features of the Moto X and he came toe and started showing the camera so I pull out LE Z10 and showed him Time Shift and told him to show me that feature on the moto we both had a good laugh.

.....on my LE Z10
    moody likes this.
    08-24-13 10:13 PM
    I did manage to eventually find the BlackBerry display...buried deep in the back corner if the store...no signage or anything.
    For some reason this seriously made me lol
    08-24-13 10:47 PM